Vegetarianism

Putting together ones life with the modern world.

Do you keep a vegetarian diet?

Total votes: 0
Silvaeon
Frater

Re: Vegetarianism

Postby Silvaeon » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:42 am

I've been a vegetarian for ethical reasons for the last 8 years. Things are definitely much easier now than they were back then, and the dialogue is opening up a lot about it these days. That said, most people you encounter are still a little confused about it.

I recently decided to go vegan (it's been 1 month now) and I've been feeling better than ever, and more energized. I was a bit of a lazy vegetarian, but going vegan has forced me to focus more on cooking and nutrition and it's been very rewarding so far. Of course the increased energy helps in spiritual focus. As all is One, the less harm to other beings one causes, the better, and meat and animal products are definitely not required for a healthy life, and to me being vegetarian/vegan go hand in hand with striving for a more holistic life.
Heith
Sodalis

Postby Heith » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:11 am

Quite a lot of people I know have moved to vegetarian or vegan diet this summer.

I was a vegetarian for about 17 years, and now I've gone vegan. I've been doing this a couple of months now.
ShieldAnvil wrote: As all is One, the less harm to other beings one causes, the better, and meat and animal products are definitely not required for a healthy life, and to me being vegetarian/vegan go hand in hand with striving for a more holistic life.
I feel in the same way about this. Despite my veganism having been a little difficult, as soya for example seems to disagree with me, I want to continue on this diet because I think a balance can be found. It takes a little bit longer for an old dog to learn new tricks, but they can be learned! It's also interesting to see how the diet effects my results, as I begun training again. So far I've been progressing quite well I think.
Otava
Frater

Postby Otava » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Much has been said already.

Daily choises such as diet and things that I believe are worth supporting are very much connected to spiritual side. Actions are the ground where I built my faith and strength to keep going. All hate and no deeds is no good at all, haha. So yes, diet is one but there's more to happen.

I don't think it as a "saving the world" even though that it goes hand in hand in a big picture. It's my way to hail the untouched nature but there are other decent ways too. I'm also willing to make compromises in a situations mentioned before such as wasting food etc.

All my life I've been interested in a taste of human flesh. Most likely it will stay untasted but that's fine. They ate placenta in a finnish travelling series but that's for wimps and posers.
Otava
Frater

Postby Otava » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Otava wrote:Actions are the ground where I built my faith and strength to keep going.
And to correct myself. Actions are built on spirituality and love towards nature. Finding a balance between might be another subject.