Karma & Internal Structures of Occult Societies

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Smaragd

Karma & Internal Structures of Occult Societies

Post by Smaragd »

Letter for the Board of Control of TS. Signed by Koot Hoomi wrote:So long as one has not developed a perfect sense of justice, he should prefer to err rather on the side of mercy than commit the slightest act of injustice. Madame Coulomb is a medium and as such irresponsible for many things she may say or do.
This topic is meant to be both practical and philosophical.

The philosophical side of this is the question of where do you see the line of karma goes, over which you are not allowed to go regarding the challenges of others?

Many of the Theosophical writings have this idea recurring where high ranking members or the masters make their decisions in their coverning positions according to the borders of karma. This is very interesting questions for it largely defines the portions on which the mind perhaps should be aimed to work in an occult society, and in doing so might gain clarity to the complex of so many differend paths crossing in such a system. In other words, individual karma seems to create somewhere a line each person needs to work through themselves and if we cross over it, the karmic web, which creates the whole of the manifested world, needs to create these situations for the individuals again and this might take time and prolong suffering quite a bit.

The more individually practical question that rises from here is how do you relate to the otherness in cases where there are serious karmic factors practically rendering individuals irresponsible in important areas of reality?

To some degree we all have such blind spots, but is there a line or several of them that you recognize, and by which you define different levels of intimacy?

Alternatively, we could look these questions through the example of Jesus not shunning the company of prostitutes and criminals, yet still having a closer circle of disciplines among which more could be shared. I'm referring here to the Sermon at the Mount where some part of the teachings Jesus went higher up to the mountains where the multitudes of people could not hear the more demanding teachings.

Edit: typos
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nefastos

Re: Karma & Internal Structures of Occult Societies

Post by Nefastos »

'Among other things I said,' continued the prisoner, 'that all power is a form of violence exercised over people and that the time will come when there will be no rule by Caesar nor any other form of rule. Man will pass into the kingdom of truth and justice where no sort of power will be needed. (Bulgakov: Master and Margarita, II)

Unlike Bulgakov's anarchist Jesus, I believe that there is no way to live without using power. Not only things we straightforwardly do, but also the things we don't, affect all the others all the time. The Koot Hoomi quote about the mediumistic person being not accountable means – to me – quite the same as St. Paul's famous letter about fighting not against human beings, but against the Aeons. Karma is always partly collective, and without taking the blame completely away from mediums or figureheads of problems, it makes the struggles also abstract. Without such an abstracting approach, problems tend to escalate to scapegoat lynchings.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:52 pm
Karma is always partly collective, and without taking the blame completely away from mediums or figureheads of problems, it makes the struggles also abstract. Without such an abstracting approach, problems tend to escalate to scapegoat lynchings.
I think we could make a approximating deduction from this, where the collective karma reveals itself through the responsibilities each one is connected to in any event. The individual karma that need to be left for each one is defined by the responsibility each in a collective manages to reach towards through sharing the essence of the collective, taking part of it, and thus its powers to be taken upon one's shoulders. But these portions of the essence can also be divided when more individuals hear the call for the same areas within the collective. So going deeper still, the truly individual karma can be seen through the challenges each individuals inner structures are wrapped in to shadows and imbalance, and how the collective areas of work challenge these individual structures to be opened up. There seems to be an area where each individual's own process need to be respected to a point.

Respect and trust are key concepts. Straight forward reactive approaches to fear are always jeopardizing this individual space of respect and trust. I'm sure most understand and have a first hand experiences regarding this idea of individual space related to karma. From a more recognizable point of view we could look how romantic relationships often have to deal with these individual spaces and balance them well to support each others dharmic progress while being very intimate at the same time. But it is the metaphysical in these experiences that interest me, the idea of this individual space. I doubt not making too big of a leap when suggesting it is the same space where we individually dream in. That it is this space of ours in the matrix where all our individual structures connect in to, the physical organ of brain as a center of the nervous system is one symbol of, and the physical organ of heart is another, more broadly centralizing (laya) aspect of.

It is also the space of solipsism, but solipsism is kind of a pathological state of the space where the more broad centralizing aspect of the Heart is in part disconnected and not making true connections outside of the individual space. Thus there are struggle for the individual center point to be aligned with the universal centerpoint of buddhi.
Nefastos wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:52 pm fighting not against human beings, but against the Aeons.
This is a more general and abstract part of the key, pertaining more to the movement towards the higher triad. It reminds me of the idea of human beings being stomped on by gods when seeking their help for insignificant things. If an ant would have the wild idea to ask something from a human being who is walking down a path in a forest, the straight approach could be crushing. Between human beings and gods, the connection can be made, not by naively asking for help for what ever petty quarrels one is having, but rather through learning to reach the level of gods (and beyond). Not by seeking the divine powers to fight the otherness in fellow human beings, but by seeking the divine powers and the level they are to be operated, i.e. seeing all interaction as parts of the Aeon, and how we are to fail or ascend over the challenges of these Aeons. Recognizing the Aeon and it's challenges is the work of elevating one's view from petty particulars of human quarrel to the level of the Gods, the Aeons are embodiments of. Further on, overcoming the emphases of the Aeons and their challenges is where the Satanic pride is in it's true, most pure form as this is where human beings can truly rise above gods or angels, instead of repeating their hierarchical structures in exact negative form by straight on rebelling against them.

Focusing on overcoming things this way, you can still be a human being to another human being while at the same time try and elevate the focus towards a level where perpetual repetition of problems is not the only possible outcome. And here indeed, it is largely respect for dharma of each others that the differently intimate circles and spaces around us are defined and observed.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Amidst all these delicate spiderweb-like metaphysical concepts one thing that an Azazelian temperament might sometimes overlook is the simple truth that sometimes there is just a victim and a wrongdoer. And when one of these events happen, it is lack of individual courage to take the false diplomatic stance: "Well, I understand this and I understand that side..." Needless to say, there must be solid proof before judgments, but after that, we should understand that being loving and kind is not the same as washing our hands from unpleasant judgments and trying to be everybody's friend. This should be clear from the very first SoA theses and writings, but I still sometimes see people confusing equality with avoidance.

When I say that "sometimes there is just a victim and a wrongdoer" I naturally don't mean that fine karmic concepts stop being present, it's just that they become de facto meaningless. For example: an assault and rape happens. Of course we can find endless karmic reasons, socio-psychological tumults, bad things that the assailant has undergone which have made him use violence, and so on. But none of these can do anything to erase the actual, factual guilt of his. It is very unbecoming that our contemporary age is so fond of claiming martyrdom and being a victim in every possible and impossible case. Because of our Azazelian credo that tends to side with the underdog, we must be extremely careful not to support such attitude. True, loving understanding is able also to say, and hopefully without exceeding emotions: "In this case this party acted wrongly, and the other did not." After this, subtle investigations can most certainly continue, but first the big picture must be made clear – in cases where this is possible.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"