Of Christ

Questions directed to the Star of Azazel.
Mars

Of Christ

Post by Mars »

In the Star of Azazel Christ is on a prominent spot. But who or what is Christ in your system? On what teacher/tradition do you base your idea of Christ?

The topic is open to everyone, not just SoA members.
Smaragd

Re: Of Christ

Post by Smaragd »

It is perhaps more interesting to answer the question when taking the ideas of Azazel and the star(s) next to (or below) Christ, than just pluntly pointing to Logos, the sevenfold Son of God – Sun, the Dragon comprising all etc.

My take on Azazel is that it is the individual entity who is buried under the mountain or a pile of rocks, which is more or less the same thing as a being crucified to the material existence. My Star of Azazel is the individual fallen spark of God of my inner most being. This individual Star of Azazel I take to be mimicking, in an upsidedown way, the archetypal idea beyond the stars, that is, Christ. Thus, Christ seems to be sort of non-individual archetype (perhaps having its own kind of individuality within it’s own sphere of higher archetypes) beyond the droplets of divinity.

Bonus question: do you think it is important to point this entity as something on the top of remanation (as in crucificion has been gone through in the process of ascension), rather than a source of emanation? Or would such emphasis be a critical error misunderstanding the time transcending nature this lofty entity necessiates?
Mars wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:07 pm On what teacher/tradition do you base your idea of Christ?
I have to be honest to tell that I'm not entirely sure. It is what I've taken from my own practice, from fellow practitioners, perhaps most notably fra Nefastos, there's some Gnostic influences, some Rosicrucian, and I often come to different traditions efforts to point towards Avalokitesvara. The last mentioned seems especially helpful as the different perspectives of Eastern and Western combined seems important especially trying to undersantd such a high entity, who is difficult to comprehend without such tools that help lift the cultural dross obscuring the view.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

For me Christ is the perfect manifestation of God in a human body. He represents everything we humans should thrive to be.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Mars wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:07 pmOn what teacher/tradition do you base your idea of Christ?

Personally I am not fond of making Christ a very definite term for a very definite entity. In the early 20th century occultism this was a matter of great debate between new and old system Christians, Theosophists of different schools (Blavatskian contra Besantian), Rosicrucians, Anthroposophists, &c. Besides, many of those people changed their opinion over the years, and the result is quite obscure. And then there are the different opinions in different Gnostic schools, and so on. I think it would be most wise to say that none of these has managed to nail the idea down so exactly that it could be taken without a pinch of salt. Of course, there are some that I oppose with ardent zeal, like exoteric Christianity's view (Christ is the only son of the omnipotent yet dualist God, and had to be torture-killed in order for that omnipotent God to forgive the humankind) or the one of Besantian theosophy (Christ was just about to reincarnate inside young Krishnamurti).

Mars wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:07 pmBut who or what is Christ in your system?

To say it as compactly as possible, âtma-buddhi. To that innermost spiritual soul belongs necessarily one's ability to self-sacrifice, and simultaneous immortality.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"