A New Approach to News Medias

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Utthavat

Re: A New Approach to News Medias

Post by Utthavat »

Have you sensed the phenomenon taking place in news medias, that there would be a manipulation going on where people are directed to have two contradictory beliefs at the same time?

Orwell named this phenomenon as "doublespeak" in Animal Farm.

How do you see its mechanics work on visible and hidden levels, and do you see ways of becoming conscious about it and to break free from this totalitarian trick on an individual level?
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Utthavat wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:58 pm
Have you sensed the phenomenon taking place in news medias, that there would be a manipulation going on where people are directed to have two contradictory beliefs at the same time?

Orwell named this phenomenon as "doublespeak" in Animal Farm.

How do you see its mechanics work on visible and hidden levels, and do you see ways of becoming conscious about it and to break free from this totalitarian trick on an individual level?
I am not sure exactly. Could you find some kind of example of News that has this manipulation shown?

But at least to me News have always some kind of point of view from which they talk.
Talk about "Western democratic community" has a different image and sound than "Frontex push-back operations" but every animal of the farm are equal, except some are more equal than the others.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Utthavat wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:58 pm
do you see ways of becoming conscious about it and to break free from this totalitarian trick on an individual level?
To a degree, I have reprogrammed myself to not buy into external narratives by only trying to understand the internal, spiritual challenges different world events have. At best this explodes the whole battle of narratives in a way that the information offered in news medias loses all interest, validity and power if it does not touch the impartial ground intimately. I can take the information that is valid for this neutral ground where the problems at hand opens completely up for a view. In such intimate area of knowledge the problems can be truly sought answers for in a spiritual way. Everything else is more or less just nonsense, smoke and mirrors - the trialing entities luring the unvary in to their snares.

Because usually problems and conflicts - our shadows - are hidden behind insane amounts of defences, I see no point addressing them on other levels than those I am individually in close contact with. It is terribly difficult already on those most personally intimate areas of life to get through the defences of the wounded world. I even try to avoid using any rhetorics relating to the societal world because it is so saturated with political narratives which buys in to the battle mentality of dualism. This mentality automaticly becomes a massive defence mechanism against the Jungian shadow, halting spiritual work. I kind of see societal and political rhetorics, which the news are usually loaded with, as a form of this massive demon of intellectualism, which swallows thinkers by masses out from potential occultism. I'm not sure if there can be some developed individuals who work in these societal levels with complete inpartiality and manages to do it in a spiritual way. Sounds like a possibility, a certain kind of dharma that never-the-less have to sacrifice from advancing towards certain occult reaches, yet possibly managing to spiritually develop more than the average Joe, or even some who identify as occultist.

Still, it should not be undermined how all actual development is completely hanging by the thread of the philosophy of oneness and thus the otherness, which the dualistic mentality is so eagerly fighting against. If we would only understand that even the party that is most obviously in the wrong, such otherness might still represent a problem for the whole, which either party of a given conflict is yet to recognize, address or understand with the needed clarity (the conflict appearing to halt us to self-reflect and penetrate through our ignorance and defences). Understanding this we would have much better chances to actually solve our problems. Needless to say, dualism and the whole mentality of a conflict misses this point of view of such multifaceted world of our fragmented reality in which Satan operates.

In simple terms, my aim is to "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's" when reading news or dealing with societal matters in other ways.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

My approach to media is that i do not believe anything they say. Modern media is nothing more than propaganda. You need to dig deeper to find the actual truth these days.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Seferoth wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:12 pm My approach to media is that i do not believe anything they say. Modern media is nothing more than propaganda.
I must add to my previous message that there is also non-intimate neutral points in news media, like raports that this or that law has now been set in a matter of fact way. There's no propaganda there. Should we agree both of us making too bold a claim and to try our best not to over exaccerate when taking part of the conversation here? I don't think the idea of this forum can facilitate discussions that keep bending the truth by going for the extremeties and grossly ignoring nuances. Internet is already full of areas where such ventilation can take place, let's keep this forum a sanctuary from all that, shall we?
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Because I'm very skeptical about all media, usually if I look at a newspaper for example, I'm only looking to seen how something is being talked about, not to learn the truth. For me they're almost all propaganda, that's hiding an agenda in plain sight, like the left and the right, which are in a cold war. I made an exception and watched a few news reports and interviews, relating to stuff'n'shit and was surprised how positively people were talking about Finland. I'm am aware of their reasons, and will continue to being skeptical and staying out of it as much as possible.
Utthavat

Post by Utthavat »

One example of the "doublespeak" if concerning finnish news media as a one whole, before the applications to a certain military alliance were made, was that at the same time there were news ridiculing neighbor's ability for warfare but at the same time there were news that were suggesting the need to arm oneself to the maximum.
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Utthavat wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:12 pm
One example of the "doublespeak" if concerning finnish news media as a one whole, before the applications to a certain military alliance were made, was that at the same time there were news ridiculing neighbor's ability for warfare but at the same time there were news that were suggesting the need to arm oneself to the maximum.
I didn't pay attention to this but you might be right!
It could be also about playing with emotions. It sometimes feels like a speech of Id .
Headline "This is how you save money" becomes in my head (no pun intended) "I have to save my earnings."