Your Ideal Human Type

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
Angolmois

Your Ideal Human Type

Post by Angolmois »

There was the topic of one's ideal temple, and continuing with a slightly lighter topics in the vein of your ideology, I thought to make this topic where I ask what is your ideal human type?

I think my own ideal human type is a pagan wise man / sage, who can combine wordly wisdom with supernatural / spiritual wisdom, meaning a man who isn't "anti-life" more than one is "pro-life" but seeing life as a thing which makes possible the actualization of one's internal spiritual potential and seeing meaning also in mundane things.
Nefastos

Re: Your Ideal Human Type

Post by Nefastos »

While there is a great amount of human virtues I consider as necessary, I think that each of these has a period of development (in longer and shorter cycles) when its dominance is required. The most important characteristic that go through all of these periods are, in my opinion, the ten virtues of the SoA system. The type I respect the most is thus the one which seeks to include all of these equally, rather than choosing those which are temperamentally easiest. Thus it might be said that the type I like the most is the balanced type. Yet this usually seems to bring about the idea of something lukewarm, which is not what I mean. Rather, Doc Emmett is a balanced type, since he embodies both a quick, inventive genius and ability to equally create, sustain, improve, and when needed, even discard his inventions.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I think I tend to lean towards warmer individuals who possess depth in their character. Strong integrity, but also humility.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

So what is "a human type"? I don't know, but I tend to be fascinated by humans that are concentrated, condensed - rather than mild. Full of Self, and thus deep. Serious and amused at the same time. Human quirks only add to their allure. These folks' quirks are a mark of the holy playwright's tragidly good humour.

In the same time... My ideal human would be any human, who forces/ leads me to recognize myself more clearly. So my ideal human type is the hard to love -one.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

No thinking this too much, I would say that ideal man, the ideal for me to follow, would be some kind of mixture of Conan the Barbarian and Richard Feynman. First one embodies the will and power that does what is needed and takes his karma and dharma as any other thing in life. Second is super intelligent trickster figure that is open minded and creative (today it is tempting to see Doctor for Hellraiser II as ideal visitor for people in earth). But in a nutshell the ideal human type for me is honest and someone who is aiming to better version of herself/himself.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Kenazis wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 amConan the Barbarian (...) But in a nutshell the ideal human type for me is honest and someone who is aiming to better version of herself/himself.

So, the films Conan & not the original Howardian Conan?
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Kenazis wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 am No thinking this too much, I would say that ideal man, the ideal for me to follow, would be some kind of mixture of Conan the Barbarian and Richard Feynman.
So a combination of Jewish intelligence and Aryan muscle? Two hands truly meet in peculiar places.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Nefastos wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:58 am
Kenazis wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 amConan the Barbarian (...) But in a nutshell the ideal human type for me is honest and someone who is aiming to better version of herself/himself.

So, the films Conan & not the original Howardian Conan?
I haven't read the Conan books, so film it is. What's the biggest difference with those two?
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Angolmois wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:47 am
Kenazis wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:55 am No thinking this too much, I would say that ideal man, the ideal for me to follow, would be some kind of mixture of Conan the Barbarian and Richard Feynman.
So a combination of Jewish intelligence and Aryan muscle? Two hands truly meet in peculiar places.
Haha! Might be the case. It was about 5 years ago I suddenly understood that almost all philosophers I like the most are jewish. Maybe there's some secret jew in me? What makes Conan aryan? For me he is just warrior, the force of nature in a shape of human.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Kenazis wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:26 pmI haven't read the Conan books, so film it is. What's the biggest difference with those two?

Howard's original Conan was idealized chauvinist type, who had no interest whatsoever about becoming a better person – he was already considered as the best. The Schwarzenegger Conan is likable even though not smart, but Howardian Conan was smart and not likable, unless read as a parody of one's own phallic escapism (the reason why I enjoy the original Conan too). In a word, less He-Man and more Manowar.

I asked because the original Conan is one of the worst "ideal human types" I can imagine: purely animal, and proud of that.