Strange habits and their occult reasons

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Angolmois

Strange habits and their occult reasons

Post by Angolmois »

I didn't know where to put this, so I guess this section has to do.

I will mention a few of my strange habits concerning the physical body that I think have some occult reasons of which I'm not sure of; perhaps they are energetical?

I have developed a habit of cleaning my ears daily. It is simply something I have to do although I'm aware the physicians don't recommend it. I have thought about the occult correspondences of different body parts have something to do with it, in this case kama-rupa and kama-manas. Maybe it is a symbolic gesture to keep these doorways pure?

From early teenage I have ripped my toenails instead of cutting them when they grow too long, and then I eat the nails. Some times I might tear away a whole nail and then enjoy the blood rushing and the pain. In the past I ate them straight away but can't do that anymore because I can't stretch enough. I remember a saying from one of Nefastos' poems, "a wise man should bury his toe nails".

I still pick my nose and eat snot like a three year old. If nothing else, I'm convinced it is one of the reasons for my good physical health (I'm almost never sick), while those who stress hygiene and bourgeois "good manners" too much are usually sick often and allergic to something.

Do you have strange habits and have you thought about their possible occult reasons?
Nefastos

Re: Strange habits and their occult reasons

Post by Nefastos »

Rúnatýr wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:35 amI will mention a few of my strange habits concerning the physical body that I think have some occult reasons of which I'm not sure of; perhaps they are energetical?

They can very well be energetical without being occult. Our bodily functions all depend on linga sharîra's inner tensions, whatever our mental and bodily state. Everything in body is energetic, which is the reason why I personally have dropped the whole concept of crude physical body (sthûla sharîra) out of the Azazelian human constitution, and do not consider it very important.

The old folk magic holds a great deal of such black magic aspect, like we have discussed in the Finnish forum under the thread Eritteiden merkitykset. From the tantric reversal of the most base to the most holy, we know of many practices and mindsets which have used the bodily fascination to lead mind from the low to the lofty. The most bodily becomes the most spiritual through meditation, piety & realization. In such practice, the substance is seen as the essential substance of a deity.

The dark side of this that to focus emphasized attention of bodily functions and/or substances is one of the traditional marks of psychological disturbance, and it is fitting that such is also the way of black witchcraft. Black magic operates on the level which sees material things as important in themselves, as parts to work on parts, without keeping in mind their wholeness of being: the parts' vital connection to the soul, the oneness of individuality. A descending path's black magician might want to kill a living being to extract from it a part or essence (like blood) that can be used as a tool for some other use, to use the most underlined example.

Rather than thinking about body and its functions, I would suggest putting that body into dynamic action. Turning fascination and/or horror into activity. In that way the energy that has become imprisoned into linga sharîra can once again be freed, and the material will become the shining.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Thank you for the answer! After I read it I had a strange feeling that we have discussed this before, like I would have read your answer years ago.
Nefastos wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:11 am From the tantric reversal of the most base to the most holy, we know of many practices and mindsets which have used the bodily fascination to lead mind from the low to the lofty. The most bodily becomes the most spiritual through meditation, piety & realization. In such practice, the substance is seen as the essential substance of a deity.
Right after I posted this thread this song Started playing in my head:

https://youtu.be/ztUIo3andAk

Nefastos wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:11 am
Rather than thinking about body and its functions, I would suggest putting that body into dynamic action. Turning fascination and/or horror into activity. In that way the energy that has become imprisoned into linga sharîra can once again be freed, and the material will become the shining.
That's a good advice. I have been neglecting my body far too long.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:11 am From the tantric reversal of the most base to the most holy, we know of many practices and mindsets which have used the bodily fascination to lead mind from the low to the lofty. The most bodily becomes the most spiritual through meditation, piety & realization. In such practice, the substance is seen as the essential substance of a deity.
I've heard that the alchemists recommend thinking about the mysteries while dropping a deuce.

But maybe the examples I pointed out are some signs of my illness and nothing else. I know they may sound quite revolting and repugnant to some. Maybe I should drop them.