The Antichrist, New Era, Satanism and the Religion of Humanity

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Angolmois

Re: The Antichrist, New Era, Satanism and the Religion of Humanity

Post by Angolmois »

Yes, you are quite right. Personally I didn't mean humanism when talking about the religion of humanity, more like inter-faith dialogue and even perennialism that could act as vehicles of common understanding in the upcoming age. But this clarifies the fact that "religion of humanity" does have a more RHP connotation than for example Satanism even though they do share some similarities.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Rúnatýr wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:28 pmIf working in public and not occultly, hey would most likely appear as "dangerous radicals" for the surrounding religious and cultural powers of their time.
...and I must add to this that if they would be the true spiritual initiates / adepts of ascension, they of course would not use violent or harmful means. What I meant, as must be stated explicitly, is that their dharma would most probably appear outwardly as a veritable inversion of the teachings of the past age and its methods, yet not in any way diverging from a true ethical and spiritual teaching and example.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:14 am I quote my just recently written Bible commentary to the 2 Thessalonicans, the part which is said to depict the Antichrist:
"3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

It is extremely interesting to notice tha the whole of this Paul's characterization fits perfectly into his own teaching about Jesus. In the other words, here we can see the exact moment when the teaching is turned upside down, and the Adversary (Hebr. Ha-Shatan, Satan) becomes Christ and (Paul's pseudo-) Christ becomes the actual adversary.

Paul has earlier shown, how "law" has changed not only to something unnecessary but actually harmful (Galatians 3:10-13), the opposite of Christ's message; thus Jesus and Paul are "the sons of perdition" ["lawlessness"]. In the same way these "exalt themselves above all that is called God", for the whole sanctity of old Jewish faith has been reversed (the reason why Jesus was killed as a blasphemist). Jesus also called himself god (Matthew 26:63-65, John 10:30), and compared his body to the temple (John 2:19-21). Christ and Antichrist are not only capable of being merged into one, but actually are the one and the same; for every new era's Christ is the Antichrist from the viewpoint of the old.
Could we say that in each era there will be formed a new image of the Self? just like for example 4000 years ago the Christ approached mankind in a different guise such as Odhinn as The Self, or (pre-)vedic archtypes of the Self etc. etc., and like Jesus has represented the Self aka the Christ for the western world for 2000 years after the beginning of the "new covenant" which was the "new era" back then? Are we now moving into that age where an emerging different conception of the Self and Selfhood most likely will take a certain LHP connotation in its different forms?
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Rúnatýr wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:39 amCould we say that in each era there will be formed a new image of the Self? [...] Are we now moving into that age where an emerging different conception of the Self and Selfhood most likely will take a certain LHP connotation in its different forms?

I think that we can very well say that. Naturally there is a challenge with such terms as "Self", but there are always challenges regarding very deep & wide terms, and how they should be interpreted. (Here, for example, it has to do with Self's relation to the Ego, and ego of personality, the body, the bodies of gestalt groups, and so on.) That is one major part in every epoch's theology, to figure out meaningful interpretations for the key terms.

What will happen, what has always happened, is also that different aspects of the same archetype – of the Age – start struggling with each other. But we have now came to an age where that struggle can (could) be acted out as a brotherly wrestle, without hate. There can and should be differences in opinions, but they need and must not come to bloodshed. Naturally every human being considers his own system of faith (all world views are systems of faith) the best, or he would have not chosen that particular system. But we can now understand that our concepts, our viewpoints to the "Self" (God, truth, whatever) are aspectual and not ultimate. No human being is perfect in all perfections. And this tenet of diversity & tolerance is one of the LHP connotations of the New Age.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

Could someone share some of references if this sounds close to what someone has before thought/written/said:

In many religions we have the concept "end-times" when injustice is celebrated as justice and everything is upside-down and at some point a Savior, Messiah comes to redeem people.
In Christianity you have also two sack-clothed witnesses speaking under olive trees, fire comes from their mouth if one intended to hurt them.
In Shiite Islam there is also concept of "Occultation", that Mahdi is already here and alive but has concealed himself from people and only those who "know" - will recognize him.

My intuitive thought about apocalypse is that it's present already and has been already long time. I don't view time and progress in linear manner, but maybe in vertical layer or spiral-manner. Maybe transcendental time is better word for it?

This would mean also that Two witnesses might already be here. (I believe it's usually interpreted that two fellow are Moses who also died but his whereabouts and grave were concealed by God, Elijah who witnessed the full scorching flames was taken to Heaven).
I believe this same to be said in Kalevala about return of Väinämöinen.

There is also always some kind of elements used. Väinämöinen is closely linked with water I suppose?
Moses had given miracles: water from rock and stones into bread. Earth?

I interpret the resurrection also as a key element in apocalypse which in some Islamic poetry is heavily emphasized as "dead are brought back to life", maybe I discard completely tradition but this made me to think about Christ: "The man you are searching for is not here anymore..."

Dying and concealed grave of Moses, Resurrection of Jesus - we know the tomb of Christ but it's empty or/and containment is hidden because true tomb of Christ is womb of Mary.

Does any of these things ring any familiar bells or anything worth discussing?
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Kavi wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:19 pmMy intuitive thought about apocalypse is that it's present already and has been already long time. I don't view time and progress in linear manner, but maybe in vertical layer or spiral-manner. Maybe transcendental time is better word for it?
Historically speaking it brings to my mind especially last two hundred years and the things that have happened in the world, especially the two world wars; and some have said that the third world war has already started, only its nature is so different from the last two that people don't generally recognize it. By looking out the world stage it seems to be only a matter of time when it will burst out openly. Bellum omnes contra omnia seems to be the key word of our times as nations and people are at each others throats in all possible ways.