Runic Visions

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Angolmois

Re: Runic Visions

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:10 am "The Chalice of Mount Argarizim", yes; but in that case we must imagine the very important "temple cube" at the middle point where the triangles of the hourglass meet.
Yes, certainly. This would make a good topic in itself but the symbology fascinates me much and I would like to hear more of its meanings. If you remember, I linked to you a picture from Boehme a few years ago which had also the cube in it (I never got to read Boehme's explanations since it was only a picture in a reference book).
Nefastos wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:10 am What's their connection & difference?
I know absolutely nothing about Armanen runes from which the Gibor comes, since I have always sticked with the Elder Futhark (which is the most complete rune row I know of) but I guess von List has taken traditional meanings from the Gebo / Gyfu and then constructed some meanings and interpretations by himself. Maybe you've boasted with the wolfsangel (Gibor in disguise) in the 1930's? :roll:
Grohan

Post by Grohan »

(Continuing from this topic: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=2052)

I don't personally follow runic path but I have a certain kind of affinity for runes and Norse tradition. At times I've had astral visions and synchronicities related to these things.

One of these I had a couple of years ago. I was sleeping in a night bus and I was in hypnagogic state. I had a vision of Valknut which suddenly was torn into pieces. Then I saw a latin shaped cross ("Christian cross"). Valknut appeared again but this time it was on the cross in the middle - the same spot where "rose" is commonly decipted in Rocicrucian cross symbolism. This "Valknut Cross" could be interpreted as a Christo-Pagan version of Rose Cross. It's interestig how this kind of symbolic act happened in hypnagogic state which may merely represent contents of subconscious mind with no actual spiritul value (I had seen plenty of crosses earlier that day).

In this context it's intriguing to note men like Johannes Bureus who had interest both in runes and Rocicrucianism.
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

Grohan wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:59 pmOne of these I had a couple of years ago. I was sleeping in a night bus and I was in hypnagogic state. I had a vision of Valknut which suddenly was torn into pieces. Then I saw a latin shaped cross ("Christian cross"). Valknut appeared again but this time it was on the cross in the middle - the same spot where "rose" is commonly decipted in Rocicrucian cross symbolism. This "Valknut Cross" could be interpreted as a Christo-Pagan version of Rose Cross. It's interestig how this kind of symbolic act happened in hypnagogic state which may merely represent contents of subconscious mind with no actual spiritul value (I had seen plenty of crosses earlier that day).
I started to question my wearing of the Valknutr/Rune necklace after my year long rune cycle ended the second year in a row. It also felt I was not worthy to bear this jewel that included the Valknutr. I even tried to sell the piece of jewelry that I specially ordered during the cycle - luckily no one bought it, since then one day I changed my mind completely and after that I feel almost that I must wear it almost the whole time, and not just during prayers and invocations to the Norse Gods. It is as if I've made a pledge to Odin that this Valknutr marks me, and it also feels that the jewel reminds me of the runic mysteries often, as if teaching, whispering afterwards the active cycle the secrets of the runes. During the cycle I saw a few dreams of the Valknutr symbol, and in one it was said to me that the center angled "V letters" in themselves and not just as part of the triangles symbolize Urdr-Verdandi-Skuld, and the three triangles are Odin-Vili-Ve. I believe I could never wear a Christian Cross as such in my neck; it reminds me of the dull and un-spirited confirmations of the Lutherans etc., especially the plain golden cross. But I could imagine myself wearing a sort of an inverted rose-cross in silver. I have never imagined the Valknutr and Cross together, but it certainly sounds intriguing!