Interesting Times

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Benemal

Interesting Times

Post by Benemal »

Meatspace has gone to Wonderland and the Red Queen is taking heads, and The Mad Hatter is saying "I'm mad, you're mad, we're all mad here", telling the truth. Cheshire cat can't stop grinning (I'm with the cat). Blue caterpillars just have a toke and tell little girls how to eat shrooms.
I've been thinking about this a lot, since there was a topic on the Finnish side about motivation. My point is, that something is happening, and it isn't factions in conflict, or a virus, but something weirder. That's my theory (or a little part of it). I'll leave this starter, shorter than was intended, hoping members will share how amusing, or dark, they're experience of the actual dystopia of Cyberpunk 2020 is.
Kavi

Re: Interesting Times

Post by Kavi »

I have felt the same but I cannot pin down the exact thing or even analyze the kind of aura I am feeling.
Also I think it's better not to weave this web (itsesuggestio?) but maybe increase self-reflection.

I have tried to listen to the audio books of Ervast and try to look for cues and some sort of ideas he spoke of.
Currently listening to "Valoa pohjoisesta" (Light from North).
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Yes, there's something weird in the air. Attitudes/thoughts like these: "Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me." & "May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law." are good anchors in this ocean of madness our world has become. I feel it is easier and easier to lost your way while the world grows more absurd day by day. This unbelievable urge for self-destruction and escape (in modern times) is something I think and wonder often. + there's something weird in the air. Perhaps some cunning dark entities beyond the horizon are closing in.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

I'm (with) the Mad Hatter.

Maybe it's that "fractures in the great wall" are shattering for real, causing openings from below. Soon the Iron King is coming and leads the world in its Doom. Time to jump out from the train. It's speeding straight into the great wall 666 miles per hour.
Mars

Post by Mars »

For some reason I'm not the least bit surprised that a topic like this emerged in the forums. In fact, on some level I've been waiting for it.
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Something something ecstacy, fascination, acceleration, excess. Death drive and fatal attitudes make me happy these days, but also sad. It's like being next to some huge explosion, it's horrible, beautiful, deadly and unstoppable.
It's probably just some vague intuition of the end of our species and societies as we know them.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Since I cannot believe in death and endings, just transformations of pain into something worse for everyone in case one gives up, the situation is challenging indeed.

My energies are with the Alice who has to put one arm out of window and one foot up the chimney because she can no longer fit in the house.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Kavi wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 am Also I think it's better not to weave this web (itsesuggestio?) but maybe increase self-reflection.
I agree with this, too often I find myself obsessively looking for signs and naturally one who looks will find..
It can be a form of procrastination, somehow omens and signs are more interesting than paying bills or doing dishes :D

Now that I think of it, I've been horribly down to earth lately. Hope I haven't missed any important messages from beyond..
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Not only are all kinds of shits hitting a large variety of fans, but the fans have formed anti-shit militias, and are churning out diarrhea, like kitchen blenders. Winnie The Poo squirts out pan-demonic prolapse scat-inverter Cthulhu stream. The Stay Puft marschmallow man steps on a church. Tha snake in my ass has two heads and the goat in my head has half of one. Yes, there are signs.
But seriously, we've never in our lifetime before had a free ticket, with more events tied to it. Recently the US military announced, that they've known for a long time, that we're being visited, and that they have alien technology, that they're trying to reverse engineer. That wasn't even big news. That little piece of alien poo didn't reach the but the smallest of fans, made a silly little cartoon sound, that freaks like me heard.
But the specific scatfanological spectacles weren't the point, that I forgot to put in my post yesterday. How does one avoid being completely mesmerised, by the circus on acid and steroids? Seems like too much fun, for me, but it feels like my intelligence is dropping steadily. And unless I'm trying to understand forces behind historical upheaval (which I'm not sure I even want to know), it's more entertainment, than anything philosophical. Maybe the only solution would be to go off-line.