Chakras, their opening and blockages

Rituals, spells, prayer, meditation and magical acts.
Angolmois

Chakras, their opening and blockages

Post by Angolmois »

I thought I'd start a discussion about chakras and their energetic correspondences in general and in relation to meditation. As I've started a certain meditation practice a month or so ago I've experienced some energetic phenomenon, not wholly positive. For example, I have read that when the Ajna chakra is about to open and if there are blockages one will experience headaches. In my situation I think this has to do with my medication which seems to block quite efficiently at least the "lower" chakras, leading to many negative side symptoms, for example lack of motivation and self will (solar plexus?), lack of sexual drive (Svadhisthana), but in the case of Ajna I think it has to do the most with smoking, which I'm trying to quit presently. The headache I've experienced is situated quite precisely in the etheric head centre between the eyebrows, maybe somewhat to the right in my forehead.

Have you experienced some form of chakric openings, either positively or negatively? Have you experienced any blockages in your chakras?

The word is free!
Smaragd

Re: Chakras, their opening and blockages

Post by Smaragd »

Does opening of a chakra mean the same thing as focus and thus intensity growing in some specific energetic point in the human instrument or are these openings the same thing as initiation? I’ve had the understanding that by ’opening’ is indicated a lasting effect and thus a corresponding happening in the body to initiation that outlasts the body. But as we know, these openings can be just collapses of the energetic integrity. I think it might be useful to ground the meaning of these expressions in order to find clarity in the question of why should I work with chakras in a way that forces through a blockage.
Rúnatýr wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 pm Have you experienced some form of chakric openings, either positively or negatively? Have you experienced any blockages in your chakras?
I’m not quite sure what is meant by this opening, but during my rosary practice I have often felt intense focus on my heart center. Sometimes it seems to ”hold” its intensity, not allowing emotional release to happen. I can sort of play with it and try to find an angle where this release could take place, but it feels like a slippery slope in to seeking of emotional gratification or desperation for pats on the head: ”yes, this is spiritual attainment for I can feel I am going somewhere”. The more optimistic and forward angle to the play is that it is about finding a way for the energetic work that for example a rosary work is aiming to do. In such a practice, to my understanding it is quite a central thing that energy is flowing, but I also think it can be beneficial to practice it with patience, one step at a time. Patience may give us insight to what the blockages are to tell us, while focusing on tampering the astral fluids (the focus on chakras and breaking through can easily lead to) may fool us away from the hidden treasure, right pass the insight the blockage has to offer just for us. There’s ofcourse a balance to the play and patience.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Lately I have become quite interested in the correspondences between physical and spiritual points in the body, such as described with chakras. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about them to full understand. I feel the same way about chakras as I do about yoga. I love it, and I understand there is some deep significance I must keep trying to understand, but oftentimes the people I encounter into such things aren't people I desire to be around. Yoga and chakras and sacred geometry have been hijacked by vapidity, and it's hard to find anyone in my real life to have an earnest conversation with about such things.

But onward! I've been curious about spiritual blockages lining up with some of my physical ailments and to what degree they influence one another. I don't even know where to start on such a phenomenon, so this thread is a good a place as any. I instinctually tattooed a pentagram on my neck when I first decided I was going to dedicate my life to spiritual study. I chose the throat in relation to vishuddha, the throat chakra. I have always felt personal power using my voice as a tool to proclaim my adoration and dedication to the Divine, so it felt appropriate. During some very intense ritual work, I feel heat rise from my heart to my throat, and I often find myself singing. This has only happened a couple of times in a meditative state, but it has happened.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Like always, the things given below are solely my own hypotheses & opinions. Because these things are so delicate since they come close to physical & thus easily disturbed when approached in a way that is not temperamentically suitable for a practitioner, this is more important to remember than in the cases we talk about purely mental or spiritual topics.

C(h)akras are the common laya point, the "collapsed" points, uniting the physical with the metaphysical, which particularly means psychological energetics & bodily presence. Thus their apparent functioning is mostly felt through the nervous system, since nerves are the physical ending of the aethering White astral of linga sharîra, which in itself is a necessary conduit to channel the deeper astral energetics to be felt in (the brain consciousness of) an incarnated being. That is why I voiced in Argarizim the opinion that they are not that much joined to human principles than they are the meeting points of these principles, which makes building correspondences sketchy at best, unless one precise situation or practice is meant.

Rúnatýr wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 pmThe headache I've experienced is situated quite precisely in the etheric head centre between the eyebrows, maybe somewhat to the right in my forehead.

Positive opening of that part should be felt like "ants crawling under skin" in a fashion that feels quite pleasurable. I've found this ancient Sanskrit description accurate. Both the feeling and the "eye" itself connects to the back of the head. Tensions are both brought to being & manifested extremely easily in these delicate head centers, and all kind of too focused (too physical) meditations & tensions of the muscles all around one's head & neck will be made apparent and worsened here. These in turn are connected to problems with the tiny eye muscles, and so one may experience weird visionary hallucinations that are not actually paranormally psychic but abnormally physical: grey shrouds, white objects blocking the field of perception which move when the eye itself is moved, and so on. These should not be confused with psychic, let alone spiritual development.

Rúnatýr wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 pmHave you experienced any blockages in your chakras?

All the time... One of the very negative results from my intense theosophical training has been the quite a tsunamic state of the lower chakras, with energetical problems slowly unfolding to the less impossible but still very challenging forms by the intervals of a few years or so. Since I consider putting focused attention into the chakric gates usually very unhealthy, and more so when the gateway in question is in a bad shape, I've used different kinds of indirect means to work through the blockings & problems. For example, I have processed through the problematic Manipura, "the City of Jewels", center via the use of slow journey in the form of poems.

I consider that neither the blockages nor the openings of the chakric gateways are never total. Any one of them would be totally closed only in a (long) dead person, and likewised any one of them would be totally closed only in the highest master. They are, over all, the several approaches to the connection points between the Self and the Other. So totally closed or totally open would mean that there is no longer "Other" or "Self", and the whole mode of being is terminated.

Smaragd wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:43 pmPatience may give us insight to what the blockages are to tell us, while focusing on tampering the astral fluids (the focus on chakras and breaking through can easily lead to) may fool us away from the hidden treasure, right pass the insight the blockage has to offer just for us. There’s ofcourse a balance to the play and patience.

Yes, the problem of the New Age approach is the problem of the Western science and of the black magic at large: to think that details can be altered separately without altering the whole picture. But in the hermetic world view where the higher & lower are carefully laid out as one, tampering with a sole detail can easily result in chaos, when the heart is not in the process to give it integrity & solidifying humility. My own mindset becomes so easily paralyzed by the immensity of cascading effects that I have to bring about the playful aspect constantly. Regrettably, the latter becomes harder to grasp the more intense the stress becomes.

Polyhymnia wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:07 amLately I have become quite interested in the correspondences between physical and spiritual points in the body, such as described with chakras. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about them to full understand. I feel the same way about chakras as I do about yoga. I love it, and I understand there is some deep significance I must keep trying to understand, but oftentimes the people I encounter into such things aren't people I desire to be around. Yoga and chakras and sacred geometry have been hijacked by vapidity, and it's hard to find anyone in my real life to have an earnest conversation with about such things.

I heartily agree. I think chakras are one of those things in occult study that in the modern world it would have been better if they would not been known at all, since this minuscule fraction of understanding we have of them most likely just makes it ridiculous to use without a very certain set of instruments. (E.g. the picture of the body that is more Oriental & of the flowing kind.) So far, attempts in making chakric gateways part of the (exoteric) Occidental occultism have been strained and not very succesful. I have tried to talk quite little about these very important energetic centers because the whole infrastructure around the idea becomes so easily deceptive. We tend to think that we understand something which actually is quite beyond our present concept. Yet in practical "esoteric esotericism" the subject cannot be totally dropped out either.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:43 am
Rúnatýr wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 pmThe headache I've experienced is situated quite precisely in the etheric head centre between the eyebrows, maybe somewhat to the right in my forehead.

Positive opening of that part should be felt like "ants crawling under skin" in a fashion that feels quite pleasurable. I've found this ancient Sanskrit description accurate. Both the feeling and the "eye" itself connects to the back of the head. Tensions are both brought to being & manifested extremely easily in these delicate head centers, and all kind of too focused (too physical) meditations & tensions of the muscles all around one's head & neck will be made apparent and worsened here. These in turn are connected to problems with the tiny eye muscles, and so one may experience weird visionary hallucinations that are not actually paranormally psychic but abnormally physical: grey shrouds, white objects blocking the field of perception which move when the eye itself is moved, and so on. These should not be confused with psychic, let alone spiritual development.
It seems to me that my headache wasn't after all a simple blockage but I had accidentally focused too much on the physical point although I tried to avoid this. After I shifted my focus into the centre of my head in an "immaterial" way, the headache vanished right away. I have in the past felt that "ants crawling under the skin" many times, for the past few years it has been completely absent. I have also witnessed a ball of light flashing in some people's forehead during conversations on spiritual topics.
Polyhymnia wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:07 amLately I have become quite interested in the correspondences between physical and spiritual points in the body, such as described with chakras. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about them to full understand. I feel the same way about chakras as I do about yoga. I love it, and I understand there is some deep significance I must keep trying to understand, but oftentimes the people I encounter into such things aren't people I desire to be around. Yoga and chakras and sacred geometry have been hijacked by vapidity, and it's hard to find anyone in my real life to have an earnest conversation with about such things.

I heartily agree. I think chakras are one of those things in occult study that in the modern world it would have been better if they would not been known at all, since this minuscule fraction of understanding we have of them most likely just makes it ridiculous to use without a very certain set of instruments. (E.g. the picture of the body that is more Oriental & of the flowing kind.) So far, attempts in making chakric gateways part of the (exoteric) Occidental occultism have been strained and not very succesful. I have tried to talk quite little about these very important energetic centers because the whole infrastructure around the idea becomes so easily deceptive. We tend to think that we understand something which actually is quite beyond our present concept. Yet in practical "esoteric esotericism" the subject cannot be totally dropped out either.
Yea, I knew when I started this conversation that the subject is very loaded with many kinds of associations to new age practices and thinking, yet I didn't make any disclaimer since I thought that the subject itself has nothing to do with new age, unless we see in it the many times naive attempt at reconstruction of concepts and ideas thousands of years old.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Rúnatýr wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:20 pmYea, I knew when I started this conversation that the subject is very loaded with many kinds of associations to new age practices and thinking, yet I didn't make any disclaimer since I thought that the subject itself has nothing to do with new age, unless we see in it the many times naive attempt at reconstruction of concepts and ideas thousands of years old.

It is indeed even more futile trying to totally avoid concepts that have already taken root in modern esotericism. As long as we realize that the chakras are not cast in stone (or plastic) colourful plates the New Age aspirants tend to think, pondering on them & even meditating them may be very beneficent, as long as forcing is absent.

Reading Avalon's Sat-Cakra-Nirupana translation can be helpful, because the text original makes it obvious how symbolic the chakric forms are.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

This sensation of ants just happened to me, going from the back of my head, to the left, to the front. It's not a new sensation, but I've never associated it with a spiritual opening in my adult life. Just now though, I was reading a few pages on the Divine Feminine from the Baba Ram Dass book, Be Here Now, after a quite intense emptiness meditation. I then remembered I used to get this feeling when I was a child, usually in a church Sanctuary by myself. I hated church as an institution, but I remember the deep reverence I would feel in holy moments between just me and God.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

This crawling of ants sensation sounds a bit like what people like myself feel when watching ASMR videos or audio.
I even felt this once while reading prayer of Azazel.
Maybe it's same sensation or... ?

Generally speaking, I think I am too much invested in different part of world and culture that Chakras give me almost obsessive compulsive anxiety.
If I'd think intensively about root chakra or heart chakra I think I would soon be mad overthinking about energy blockages.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Kavi wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:00 am This crawling of ants sensation sounds a bit like what people like myself feel when watching ASMR videos or audio.
I even felt this once while reading prayer of Azazel.
Maybe it's same sensation or... ?
Perhaps it could be! ASMR doesn't have that affect on me, but maybe it has to do with the videos I've been shown. Usually people eating super noisily which just makes me gag.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I recently rebooted my yoga practice after some time off, and this time decided to put some extra focus on the chakric stuff. I actually found myself smiling at the end of each practice, and feeling incredibly...charged? But balanced? Cleansed, even. All good things. I especially enjoyed the sensation of energy running from the base of my spine, up through my heart, my throat, and my forehead. I want to dig a little deeper into this study. See if I can tie it in with my occult life in a way that's deeper. I've practiced yoga for many years, but it's mostly been for peace, strength, inner fortitude.