Full Moon Dreams

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Nefastos

Full Moon Dreams

Post by Nefastos »

It was a beautiful full moon last night, and consequently, the dreams were both restless & nightmarish. Since almost everyone dreams (& remembers at least a bit of her dreaming), a topic of particularly vivid or otherwise interesting dreams might be nice. Regardless of the name, interesting enough dreams are welcome during whatever the phase.

My only remembered dream from the last night was so orthodoxically Lovecraftian that it is funny. That would be understandable had I been reading or thinking Lovecraftian themes in the last days or weeks, but I haven't. Also, it is a rare thing how little usual dreamlike distortions (things that seem normal in the dream world, but are very unlike anything that could happen in a waking life) this nightmare had, the only thing being the upside down fighting of a man.

I am to follow a shady character in my old home town. It is night or very late evening, and he goes to the old, yellow wooden church at the middle of the town (actually there). He breaks into its sacristy, stealing a book. I follow and try to stop him, but he has a friend, who struggles with me turning upside down, and the thief escapes.

The thief looks like a friend from my youth, whose both first name and the family name have quite a shady meaning of a dwelling that is hidden under something and posing a possible threat. (I had never thought that when we were actually in contact with this person, but the subconscious loves these kind of allusions.) The dream now shows him. He is not evil, but mesmerized by the book he had to stole because of that influence. Now when he has it, he sleepwalks and reads it unknowingly by night. It is "The Book of Two Kings", whose names are Glaaki (an actual Cthulhu mythos name for a deity) and Macrom or Macram.* By reading The Book of Two Kings the sleepwalking person, because of his knowledge thus gained, comes into contact with – and is put even more under the will of – the servants of the Two Kings, who are their offspring, and thus partially otherworldly beings.

I continue my search for the clues of this mystery, and visit a shady shop near the center of the town. It is kept by husband and wife, the latter of which is more into the service of these dark entities. They are too clever, and I gain no clues or insight by visiting them. But I have now come so close to the evil of the monstrous deities, that when I walk the dark street and my shadow briefly falls upon a younger blonde woman walking ahead of me, she shows signs of discomfort without knowing why.

I wake up feeling despair and distress. I think about reading a book to comfort myself for sleeping again, but all the books in my shelf next to my bed deal at least partially with the same black Lovecraftian topics, so they would give no help. At some point I wake up again, this time for real (or, as real as we can get here...), and my books are once again normal. For some reason a name of a star keeps lingering in my mind: "Procyon".

It seems that the name of this particular star, meaning "Before the Dog", is associated with the hound named Maera. "The two dog stars are referred to in the most ancient literature and were venerated by the Babylonians and the Egyptians, In Babylonian mythology, Procyon was known as Nangar (the Carpenter), an aspect of Marduk, involved in constructing and organising the celestial sky."

------
* The name brings to mind firstly "Great M" (Macro+M) which is the Great Mother. Secondly, Macramé, which is "a form of textile produced using knotting (rather than weaving or knitting) techniques." "Weaving in knots" is a very good depiction of the darker shade of the working of the Great M(other) in her aspect of the weaver of potentially negative illusions. It fits very neatly into this Lovecraftian theme that

One of the earliest recorded uses of macramé-style knots as decoration appeared in the carvings of the Babylonians and Assyrians. Fringe-like plaiting and braiding adorned the costumes of the time and were captured in their stone statuary.

Arab weavers knotted excess thread along the edges of hand-loomed fabrics such as towels, shawls, and veils into decorative fringes. The word macramé is derived from the Arabic miqramah (مقرمة), believed to mean "striped towel", "ornamental fringe" or "embroidered veil".

"Embroidered veil" comes once again back to the meaning of the "Great M(other)" as a dark spidery Isis. That the second "king" thus seems to be actually a she brings to mind the old couple whose shop I visited, and of whom the wife was the more clever & powerful.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Re: Full Moon Dreams

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:53 am My only remembered dream from the last night was so orthodoxically Lovecraftian that it is funny. That would be understandable had I been reading or thinking Lovecraftian themes in the last days or weeks, but I haven't.
I have to tell you as a synchro that I talked about Lovecraft and the new movie Color out of Space with my friend last night, and I finally found it from the movie archives from my computer's service, and decided to watch it. Alas, the downloading took so long that I did all sorts of stuff and practices during the night while the movie was downloading, and had to leave it to download for the night. Today I can finally watch it. ;-)

I'll get to the interesting topic longer later.
Segel

Post by Segel »

I saw one of my fave dream couple months ago where I was visiting my childhood home (again). There were a lot of rooms that weren’t actually there, and there was a renovation in progress. The wallpaper was torned down from the walls, the floors were covered with plastic wrap and there was rubbish in everywhere and dust hovering in the air. In the house I met my ex-fiancé. He told me at the door with a calm voice that now he was finally going to kill me. I watched as he stood in the corner of one of the rooms and I only saw his wide back as he was preparing and sharpening various blades to torture me and on the floor behind him there was a kind of pimped lawn mower that I thoughts was meant to mutilate my genital areas. (When I was a little girl, I imagined and played in my secret barbie games that these kinds of pimped lawn mowers would be used to mutilate women’s genitals, and that was long before I found out about female circumcision. That’s why I wondered in my dream what he was going to do with this weird machine.)
He told me to go to the sauna rooms downstairs to wait for him to be ready. I went, not because I wanted to, but because his words and extremely strong will forced my feet. I waited in the sauna. I wasn’t afraid of death, but how he was going to kill me, pain and especially that creepy lawn mower .. Then I saw a window. I thought if I escaped from it, he certainly wouldn’t like it. I gathered all my courage and my own will over he's and escaped from the window. I hid in a neighbor’s house across the road where a distant old lady and her scary cats lived when I was a child. I thought that old lady must have died a long time ago, so much time has passed, so I thought the house was empty and safe but then I guessed that I wasn't really that safe. I crawled under the kitchen table with phone in my hand and I waited for him to call. I was sure that if he's going to call, I would reveal my hiding place for him against my own will.

When I woke up from the dream I saw my phone next to me and the immediate feeling was that I was relieved that I was in my new bed, in my new home, alone, with my cats.

The next day I told about my dream to my ex on the phone. He promised not to kill me with lawn mowers or with anything else.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

One of the most interesting dreams happened monday-tuesday night in the spring, when I had started my this years rune work and had that night sang hymns to the Moon. Can't recall whether it was full moon.

In the dream I followed the landmarks of Maria backwards in an open field, where the landmarks were sorts of light points in the field. My cousin and my brother were "somewhere nearby as an influence". Then I saw a great statue of Isis-Maria next to a sports track arena, and continued the journey, still backwards. Then I got into a great wall and I realized "I had gotten as far as the Romans went with Magna Mater". I bumped into a man who was watching beyond the wall a great happening where the Pope declared Italy as a democratic republic, and immediately two men started fighting for power and the other one, "Iron Hand" took over power there with chains in his hands from his rival. Then I followed some happenings where some person had invented the cure to Covid-19.
Segel

Post by Segel »

I want to share another, less heavy and more fun dream I saw a while ago.Then I am silent.
It the dream I was in my former apartment with my mom. For some reason, we got the idea that we need to summon some spirit or ghost through the mirror. We placed four candles in front of the mirror, one candle was difficult to light and its flame burned badly, but the spirit stepped out of the mirror. It was a young, drowned and dead-looking, really angry woman, in her white nightgown and black long hair. She was really furious and broke a lot of stuff in the apartment.
However, she did not want to hurt us, but she was looking for an "Aurinkopullo", "Sunbottle", (designed by Helena Tynell, which is a Finnish desing object from the 60's, I have never owned such an object I guess.. ). The woman found that Sunbottle and went furiously to the balcony and threw the bottle from there, it broke into thousands of pieces and then the woman disappeared.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Thank you for the dreams! I hope we will hear something from the others too. Of course I understand very well also the choice not to share, since few things are more intimate that the going-ons of our unfettered subconscious.

I am grateful of the fact that lately I have been immersed in deep dreams of a city that does exist in the outer world. Only on rare occasions in my life, in situations where I have reached a new energetic center, I have had these dreams of nameless cities where there are sensations unknown in the waking world. It is extremely comforting, especially since I had a few years time (of burnout) lately when in every dream I was in a distant, bleak, wintery town, and sky was always totally black. Also because I usually manage to sleep only a few hours per night, having immersing & restful dreams during that time is very much appreciated.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:26 am Also because I usually manage to sleep only a few hours per night, having immersing & restful dreams during that time is very much appreciated.
As I've been cutting down sleep aid medication and stopped smoking almost totally, for the past few weeks I've slept something like 6-8 hours a night instead of 12-14 hours, and I've seen very little dreams which has been very invigorating. In the past I immersed myself so completely to the dream world that I saw 5-12 (!) long dreams a night and then wrote them down for 2-3 hours a day. The moment I saw 12 dreams a night with no real symbolic content, I stopped writing down my dream journal altogether. In the past few years I have seen something like 3-4 dreams a night but have payed no especial attention to them (with exceptions of course).
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

These are all very interesting dreams! Full of much imagery and symbolism to be interpreted. I can't say mine are usually as detailed, or if they are, they're usually pretty ridiculous and full of dream logic. The last non-ridiculous dream I had that I felt could be interpreted as anything was one in where I fell in love with the sea, who was Magna Mater, and as I drowned within her waves it was a physical act of love. Lately, I have been having increasingly vivid visions during meditation, but I am conscious (albeit in something of a trance) while these are happening.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Rúnatýr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:38 pminstead of 12-14 hours

Guts of Judas! Even though that sounds like a paradise from where I stand, I understand that the opposite is probably more true. Glad to hear that you have had luck normalizing the amount of sleep.

Rúnatýr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:38 pmThe moment I saw 12 dreams a night with no real symbolic content, I stopped writing down my dream journal altogether. In the past few years I have seen something like 3-4 dreams a night but have payed no especial attention to them (with exceptions of course).

Yes, putting too much attention to the dreams is most likely worse than not paying any attention to them at all. When I sleep well enough to dream (i.e. form & remember coherent dreams, not just the semi-symbolic synapses of things recently thought), it is usually three dreams or less. The dreams that my mind finds important enough to give to the waking mind to remember are not very long either, to the length of the Lovecraft dream above or less. I think it is quite important to train the mind to do that – to let us know which are important parts, and which are important only in the subconscious dreamland Vegas. I too have put too much outer attention to the dreams in the past, and that too rational focus soon works against their own kind of meaning. Nowadays the writing of the dreams perhaps fifteen minutes in three or four days at week, and there is seldom need for much rational interpretation. Rather, the two worlds support each other with their different approaches, sharing the same center.

Polyhymnia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:47 amThe last non-ridiculous dream I had that I felt could be interpreted as anything was one in where I fell in love with the sea, who was Magna Mater, and as I drowned within her waves it was a physical act of love.

Sounds so beautiful. Really in the fundamental end of the psycho-archetypes, working their magic in the aetheric body...
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:23 am
Rúnatýr wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:38 pminstead of 12-14 hours

Guts of Judas! Even though that sounds like a paradise from where I stand, I understand that the opposite is probably more true. Glad to hear that you have had luck normalizing the amount of sleep.
Yea, not a paradise or even a good state in any way. Just a "nuijanukutus" and a sign of depression.

People, stay out of Quetipinor if you can! It is prescribed to people like candy nowadays.