Influence of the Seasons on the Work

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Soror O

Re: Influence of the Seasons on the Work

Post by Soror O »

Spring and times of Easter are especially horrible (not saying that horrible is bad, but still). I just feel like a jesus. Not christ. Just the lamb, who's flesh is torn. Okay, maybe there's is some autobiographical shit going down (phone calls of incest, years ago). But they really just add up to each other. They really build on each other: The psychological and the ontological.

The spring light is kind of psychotic to me. Revealing all the dead stuff which has been left to rot. And there's always been plenty of that, as I like the decadent odours. My soul is like an untidy window, the light shines through but the smutch makes the atmosphere surreal and ghostly. Easter eggs and bunnies, they too have an existentential fright about them. Thinking about the homunculus, devouring too many easters eggs in horrible, saturnalian bliss. There's no reason at all.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Ave wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:24 pm The spring light is kind of psychotic to me. Revealing all the dead stuff which has been left to rot. And there's always been plenty of that, as I like the decadent odours. My soul is like an untidy window, the light shines through but the smutch makes the atmosphere surreal and ghostly. Easter eggs and bunnies, they too have an existentential fright about them. Thinking about the homunculus, devouring too many easters eggs in horrible, saturnalian bliss. There's no reason at all.
You paint terribly accurate image of an aspect of the Easter mysteries in the post-modern world of commercial easter bunnies.
Ave wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:24 pm Spring and times of Easter are especially horrible (not saying that horrible is bad, but still). I just feel like a jesus. Not christ. Just the lamb, who's flesh is torn. Okay, maybe there's is some autobiographical shit going down (phone calls of incest, years ago). But they really just add up to each other. They really build on each other: The psychological and the ontological.
Reading this, it filled my thoughts during sauna and I came back to the the four seasons and their respective festivities giving people a break from the day-to-day grind and this being one reason why I have also a post-solstice holiday coloured with things of the shadows coming up in the outpouring of celebration. It might feel like unnecessary mythologizing, but after twenty years of having the shadow on a certain holiday it feels natural (not hiding or escaping) to me to start thinking of the four winds especially in their darker, perhaps demonic, tones pouring out from these four points and forming the swastika and the whole rotation of the wheel.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Smaragd wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:06 pm but after twenty years of having the shadow on a certain holiday it feels natural (not hiding or escaping) to me to start thinking of the four winds especially in their darker, perhaps demonic, tones pouring out from these four points and forming the swastika and the whole rotation of the wheel.
Hmm. I have also questioned if time of Easter is horrible to people who are especially christian at heart, they are reliving the passion of the christ. The suffering is the utmost joy of christianity - for without it there would be no christ who overcomes it, nor salvation.

Would you like to open the swastika part little bit further - what it means to you?

When it comes to seasons, I found that I've started to sense death more clearly in all seasons. I'm getting old.
Kavi

Post by Kavi »

I am not sure if I am theo only one active forum writer here thinking alike but for me Spring gives a lot of energy. It indeed is time of crisis in the sense - in order for new to be brought to life, the configuration of old must be changed.
Christian symbolism of Christ's death on Golgotha and in folkloric symbolism - festival of life and fertility is extraordinarily important still for some people, depending on their cultural background.
For me, I sense death in daily life and somehow even am scared of fragility of it, so Spring and Easter being this kind of balanced death/life festival gives me courage and joy.

Last Spring was awful, it was like happy fucking merry go around circus music's tape rate that is slowed down and detuned until it ends in knowledge of Corona. This day I feel much more hope but not in the sense like last year. Climacus has understood that he is Anti-Climacus , meaning in archaic words - when you know that barely melted snow turned into ice makes you fly and fall on ground in springy environment and make one's muscles sore and bruised, one doesn't have to be afraid of it anymore even if it happens again.

Just to make fun of my writing as there is much more to it what I think in all complexities - here's song for Easter:
"The deaths were faked, the laughs were cries
But resurrections are doing fine
You got me walking into suicide
And I'll be there right by your side
A reproduction of your merry go bye bye"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3SQ3mTuYgA
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Kavi wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:22 pm I am not sure if I am theo only one active forum writer here thinking alike but for me Spring gives a lot of energy. It indeed is time of crisis in the sense - in order for new to be brought to life, the configuration of old must be changed.
Christian symbolism of Christ's death on Golgotha and in folkloric symbolism - festival of life and fertility is extraordinarily important still for some people, depending on their cultural background.
Although I recognize those terrible forms of Spring, especially living in a city, the more joyful and positively energized aspect is familiar to me also. A forest that is doing well or the traditions of virpominen and Easter pyre in the rural area of my childhood brings this very exciting tone to the season. That is in my blood also to the degree that the suffering of Jesus is rarely in focus for me although I tend to go through some of the New Testament sections corresponding to the days of this week. The suffering is so close to transcending the membrane to divinity that I could say the beautiful symbolism of it is something closer to my usual focus. Ofcourse I'm not ingnoring the suffering and toil, but atleast for this Easter I feel no need to watch the Gibsons gory filmatisation of the Passion.
Ave wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:29 pm Would you like to open the swastika part little bit further - what it means to you?
I wrote about the Divine Four in another topic recently, the two posts summarizing my views of the basics. Here I'm seeing the swastika to form from the four winds that emanate from the Divine Four, this archetypal number 4 being present also in the way we divide the annual cycle around the Sun with the four seasons and their equinoxes and solstices, and in SoA with their respective hymns. Thus swastika as the sun cross being an symbolic embodiment of the cycle - the whole. And the whole is ofcourse Christ the Dragon with the Satanic counterpart. With the Suns correspondence to prana, it is very interesting to me to think of the Divine Four as divine guardians very close to the idea of Satan, who sends the four winds (or at least two of them) to the world to spread disease and pestilence. There's this call for vitality present in this metaphor that makes even, or perhaps especially, the decadent rays of the Spring sun to shine in a way that makes one to seek the hidden and follow the beautiful and terrible storm winds.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Kavi wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:22 pm I am not sure if I am theo only one active forum writer here thinking alike but for me Spring gives a lot of energy. It indeed is time of crisis in the sense - in order for new to be brought to life, the configuration of old must be changed.
Hmm, not sure if it just the fertility energy that makes spring so heavy for me. Feels like my vessel is rotten and older than age itself, yet it has to embody this never ending cycle of rebirth and bloom. There's something hidious in it. I just long for the cycles to seize, so that I could remain still for a moment. I'm not clinically depressed though, just tired and decomposing.

Thank you fra Smaragd for the swastika presentation, it made sense.
Zeraim

Post by Zeraim »

As others already mentioned, it seems that seasons affect one more when one grows bit older. Or maybe it is just more noticeable due increasing self reflection.

I think seasons and other natural rhythms have a real effect to our bodies and minds, but it seems that these changes can be very individual. And they might be also affected by how you decide to observe them.

For some years, I have (quite loosely) followed seasons and contemplated their effects. For this I have leaned to Taoist tradition, which thinks that the different seasons effect our bodies, emotions and organs etc. in specific ways depending our constitution and balance within our selves. The “problems” we might face during different seasons (and/or the times when seasons change) are seen more like signs about our own personal balance. Some active elements might become overactive during the corresponding phase while some weaker aspects of our selves might become more balanced when it get some extra boost from the surrounding world. Even though some traditions associate different kind of workings to be suitable for different times, seasons etc., I think it is important to be mindful of our own personal state. For some individual doing spiritual workings in wrong time might even be more beneficial than strictly following some calendars or seasons. And for some deviations from way of seasons might cause more problems.

I see similar changes, in smaller degree happening daily. During past year I have been bit more conscious of these as I have done (almost) daily meditation for darkness (in night time) and light (during daytime). Somehow this daily meditation has made me more aware of how my mind is more connected with body and subconsciousness, emotions and “mental forms” during night and winter and how it becomes more connected with lighter and more formless consciousness during day and with approaching summer.

Beside the above, due connection with Golden Dawn system, I was in earlier life put to experiment observing tanmatras/elements and how they change for a year. I did my yoga practice and pranayama and the idea was to observe changes in breathing, colours seen in meditation and activities of mind and body. The physical changes like through which nostril the air flows and how far it is felt, were more easily observed. Slowly I started to see the colours of these elements within my mind and noticed how these changed throughout the day and night and also with moon phases and seasons. In that system the variations from “calculated” (from moon) were seen as imbalances and were “forced” to their right tracks.

Based on the above experiments I noticed how different practices and workings done to follow the seasons have very different approach and effects. The first makes you more conscious of your own state and how the things affect you. The later seems to force you into tune with external changes regardless of our own personal balance. I think the both might, in the end, slowly lead to same results, but for my lazy mind I rather pick an excuse from Taoism that during winter time I do not need to rise form bed before the sun rises.
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Zeraim wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:24 pm As others already mentioned, it seems that seasons affect one more when one grows bit older. Or maybe it is just more noticeable due increasing self reflection.

I think seasons and other natural rhythms have a real effect to our bodies and minds, but it seems that these changes can be very individual. And they might be also affected by how you decide to observe them.

For some years, I have (quite loosely) followed seasons and contemplated their effects. For this I have leaned to Taoist tradition, which thinks that the different seasons effect our bodies, emotions and organs etc. in specific ways depending our constitution and balance within our selves. The “problems” we might face during different seasons (and/or the times when seasons change) are seen more like signs about our own personal balance. Some active elements might become overactive during the corresponding phase while some weaker aspects of our selves might become more balanced when it get some extra boost from the surrounding world. Even though some traditions associate different kind of workings to be suitable for different times, seasons etc., I think it is important to be mindful of our own personal state. For some individual doing spiritual workings in wrong time might even be more beneficial than strictly following some calendars or seasons. And for some deviations from way of seasons might cause more problems.

I see similar changes, in smaller degree happening daily. During past year I have been bit more conscious of these as I have done (almost) daily meditation for darkness (in night time) and light (during daytime). Somehow this daily meditation has made me more aware of how my mind is more connected with body and subconsciousness, emotions and “mental forms” during night and winter and how it becomes more connected with lighter and more formless consciousness during day and with approaching summer.

Beside the above, due connection with Golden Dawn system, I was in earlier life put to experiment observing tanmatras/elements and how they change for a year. I did my yoga practice and pranayama and the idea was to observe changes in breathing, colours seen in meditation and activities of mind and body. The physical changes like through which nostril the air flows and how far it is felt, were more easily observed. Slowly I started to see the colours of these elements within my mind and noticed how these changed throughout the day and night and also with moon phases and seasons. In that system the variations from “calculated” (from moon) were seen as imbalances and were “forced” to their right tracks.

Based on the above experiments I noticed how different practices and workings done to follow the seasons have very different approach and effects. The first makes you more conscious of your own state and how the things affect you. The later seems to force you into tune with external changes regardless of our own personal balance. I think the both might, in the end, slowly lead to same results, but for my lazy mind I rather pick an excuse from Taoism that during winter time I do not need to rise form bed before the sun rises.
Thank you fra Zeraim for sharing this! "Man follows the Earth", as it's said. Getting old has also made me sense the seasons in their shadow aspect - autumn is felt as rebirth, spring is felt as decay and death. Don't know why, but ripe summer with its piercing sun has felt 'demonic'/ Satanic for a long time.

About those colors and colorful formations which are seen during meditation: I've pondered what they mean. Of course the meaning is not fixed, I think, rather it depends on the whole of the being. As a child I'd choose a color as my minds "screensaver" when I went to bed at night. This color screensaver would depend on my "mood".
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

I'm dying of heat. This season is really starting to feel like a Summer of diabolical holocaust. I think I'll grab another beer and jump into the lake AGAIN. O Gods of the North, can I just drown in the cold waters of the deep? Alas, sweet Death is not granted to me. Hyperborea, where Art thou!?
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Gangleri wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:52 pmHyperborea, where Art thou!?

Actually, I think this is it! The idea of the Hyperborea was that there is a warm land beyond the frigid wastes of the North.

Regardless, I wish strength & perseverance for all the northerners who have problems to cope with the increasing amount of warmth. At least in Finland there are the thousand clear & clean lakes to choose where to jump & find some comfort.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"