Influence of the Seasons on the Work

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Angolmois

Re: Influence of the Seasons on the Work

Post by Angolmois »

Nefastos wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:12 pm A nice topic, thanks for starting.
Boreas wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:33 pmDo you have any seasonal preferences in your occult work?

When I was young, spring was very cruel time. Not only the libido, hard to live with as it is, exploded to something impossible, but also I suffered from quite bad allergy. Then there's the hard sun, that takes away the comfortable serenity of gloom. Ah yes, springs were evil times. I mostly loved autumn when it was still easy to walk outside, but the sharp edge of light and exuberant life-force had been taken away.
Because the creative surge happened to me mostly during spring, it was a very cruel time for myself also in the past. I had to create something, or like I fooled around, i would go mad. Then the two times I went mad was in the spring also. I am very much an autumn person also, from August to October are by far the best months of the year.

As I do some ritual work outdoors, I have noticed very clearly how the seasons affect my mentality during rituals. I can't really put it into words though, the effects are so subtle.
Beshiira

Post by Beshiira »

In a way, in the last few years my Work has been most intense during the Spring. This is strongly connected to Easter, which has become an increasingly dear time of the year for me, but surely the awakening of nature happening around the same time is also a part of it.

For a long time, all the way from my childhood, I thought that summer was definitely my favorite season. Then later I started to feel most "at home" in the autumn, just like during days, I somehow feel most "at home" in the evening, or in the night. My mind seems to be "clearest" in evenings. And well, Finnish summer nights are pretty much among my favorite things in life.

All that being said, it's been interesting to notice that this year I have somehow reacted particularily strongly to the late spring/early summer times. I've been drawn to nature more again. I'm currently staying at a place close to the sea, and there are quite many birds and other animals around, and watching them has given me immense joy.

I've always been an urban person, but still from an early age I have held nature, the woods, animals etc. very dear, and seen them as something sacred. Then at some point I noticed that my connection and interest towards them seemed to somewhat diminish. There have been times, when I've strived towards spirit in such a way (on purpose or in other ways...), that even trees etc. started to appear "plastic", "unreal" etc. Which in a way - I now feel - is a correct way to look at all matter, but as such alone it can surely be an overly simplified, practically negative outlook. So this spring and summer I feel like I have "woken up" again to those magical feelings towards nature; feelings familiar from my childhood, teenage and early adult years. I've started to wonder where that affection might have stemmed from to begin with. How has my own outlook on nature changed. What is the nature behind nature, that keeps on fascinating me, year after year.
"Ja kun minun kirkkauteni kulkee ohitse, asetan minä sinut kallion rotkoon ja peitän sinut kädelläni, kunnes olen kulkenut ohi.
Kun minä sitten siirrän pois käteni, näet sinä minun selkäpuoleni; mutta minun kasvojani ei voi kenkään katsoa."
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Earlier in this thread, I spoke of the hardness of spring:
Nefastos wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:12 pmWhen I was young, spring was very cruel time. Not only the libido, hard to live with as it is, exploded to something impossible, but also I suffered from quite bad allergy.

In this summer I have noticed the exact same thing: allergy exploding together with very difficult problems with libido (inability to sleep, for example – this first drives to madness & then kills a human being). This is extremely interesting, since both are stressedly Venereal things, pollen allergy being one's bad reaction to libido/fertility in plant kingdom. At the same time comes naturally the great increase in anguish, because anguish is a form of frustration. Not only sexual, but all kind of frustration, like libido is not just sexual energy, but creative energy with sexual possibilities. Frustration therefore becomes the cross that joins the symbols of Venus and Saturn, the two forms of intellectual energy. (You can see this united symbol of Venus-Saturn in the north/north-east quadrant in the cover of Fosforos.)

In a way this anguish has partly relocated me back to the youth when that anguish was the only thing in my life. At that time it was truly horrible, since I lacked the answers I now have both regarding Venus (erotic nature in everything, Lucifer as the bringer of spark) and Saturn (suffering in everything, Satan as the dark face of God). Even now it is quite unbearable, but quite something else than life was back then.

Has anyone else experienced anything different in this particular summer?
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

I have been unable to do practically anything in this Summer, including prayer. I'm not much of a doer nowadays to begin with but during the Summer heat and Light I have managed to do even less. Sleeping is difficult, I wake up all sweaty now and then. Even proper thinking is Hard, and anquish has been very much present. Fortunately I'm not allergic.

Longing for Hyperborean cold and darkness.
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:53 am Has anyone else experienced anything different in this particular summer?
Yes, this summer has been quite an anguish so far due to a unusual disbalance of Mars energy and a calamity on a personal level. I usually compensate this energetic disbalance with physical activity. It’s much easier to sleep when you run until you are tired. Unfortunately, I can’t do sports right now. After some time, this sort of disbalance necessarily leads to the Saturnal anguish you described.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Everything feels harder this summer. Many blockages to go through, and many challenges have presented themselves. I feel very much that Mars/Azazelian energy, and I haven't been able to cope in very healthy ways. It's frustrating, to say the least, but I see I'm not alone in my frustration.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Cerastes wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:22 pmYes, this summer has been quite an anguish so far due to a unusual disbalance of Mars energy and a calamity on a personal level.

&
Polyhymnia wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:38 amI feel very much that Mars/Azazelian energy, and I haven't been able to cope in very healthy ways.

Hey, this is interesting, thanks for sharing! For I have studied deeper than ever the Martian process lately, and the problems started with that long term working (that I originally started with practice related to this & have been deepening ever since). Yesterday I even noticed that I had started anew a Red aspect work that I have not been doing in the whole time since the Star of Azazel was founded. I thought that I was doing the Martian aspect in White, but slowly even the White has been drenched by this Martian sword-blood. I must consider taking Red aspect approaches to my work, for this Mars is no longer a separate instrument to be used, but also bends my whole White realization of Venus, the patron of the White. If that goes onwards unchecked, the White is in danger of losing its point of balance.

Cerastes wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:22 pmIt’s much easier to sleep when you run until you are tired.

Physical tiredness has not helped me much, but I haven't yet tried running. Do you think there's something different in being tired from running than, say, from cycling? The latters seems not to help. I remember Boreas also suggesting running as a practice a long time ago, and I think some members like Astraya are using it with good results.

Polyhymnia wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:38 amIt's frustrating, to say the least, but I see I'm not alone in my frustration.

I am sorry to hear about your anguish; but also my heart is a bit lightened, since there seems to be some other things than just my personal shortcomings & badly managed astral reception in this.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Nefastos wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:51 am Physical tiredness has not helped me much, but I haven't yet tried running. Do you think there's something different in being tired from running than, say, from cycling? The latters seems not to help. I remember Boreas also suggesting running as a practice a long time ago, and I think some members like Astraya are using it with good results.
At least for me, running is a primordial form of movement and has a deeper spiritual meaning than cycling. It is a very natural form of activity and to run a long distance, the pulse frequence needs to be constant. It feels a little like melting into nature when I run through the forest. This works for me because my energetic imbalance is mainly physical. Physical stimuli are therefore very important and this can not be substituted with intellectual impulses.
If your imbalance is more nervous, sexual or emotional, sports may not have much of an impact. Of course these things are all interconnected but still I think there is in fact a root cause or a mortal sin we are most likely to fall for as you mentioned somewhere else.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Thank you Cerastes. For me, running or jogging would demand forcing, but that is okay in case I continue drifting towards the Red aspect, where forcing is differently allowed.
Cerastes wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:47 pmIf your imbalance is more nervous, sexual or emotional, sports may not have much of an impact. Of course these things are all interconnected but still I think there is in fact a root cause or a mortal sin we are most likely to fall for as you mentioned somewhere else.

This is most likely the case. Every temperament seems to have its own decoder of inner energies, and my Venereal temperament just wants to interpret all energies as erotic. This is, to some extent, quite fine, but can also result in a form of doomed escapism of sorts, wherein I think we can speak of the cardinal sin of Lust having its control over the subconscious decoder.

EDIT: "Sunconscious" was a great typo in this context, but I corrected it nevertheless.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

I’ve had Martian (relating to self-sacrificial) emphasis on my ideals of romantic love and during the last week or so there’s been a major astral difficulties and I’ve had to find a way not to let the Martian masculinity to bend the idea of romantic love (through jealousy) too far away from unselfish love. What followed was I had to purify the ideal of romantic love to have it better connected to the pure idea of love and find out how they are to relate to the world of material bodies in the unperfectness of time and space. While in these limited vessels I feel it is right for me to limit the romantic love for one partner, and find the unlimited love from the inside vastness of spirit of her and myself. This is the ideal I’ve long hold for myself, but it seems this masculine pole, connected most obviously to the emphasized Martian-Jovian powers, have tendency to bind the love (that truly can not be bound). Terrible astral storms have been the result for me and I could see this a demand the Summer Sun brings with it; a demand to clear the emphasis and integrate the learned to the balanced whole. Certain kind of yielding (the old feminine Red virtue) has risen from the depths to complement the masculinity, but I still have alot of work to get these powers clicking right with each other.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake