Trinities and their correspondences

Symbols and allegories.
Nefastos

Re: Trinities and their correspondences

Post by Nefastos »

I marked my sacred centers on the map of Helsinki and received a shock. They form a perfect 10 x 10 x 7 isosceles triangle, whose points already correspond to the model of my Four Peaks picture perfectly, in similar order, with the same symbolism. And in the place of tantric Prayaga...!!

Since these fall, of practical reasons, to that rare ritual intimacy, I will send you diagrams personally. We can continue discussion here using the names from the original map.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:37 am And in the place of tantric Prayaga...!!
Quite a shock! And yet something like this was only to be expected. I have for a long time been certain that it is in the spirit of the tantras, that their sacred geography should be found from the practioner's immediate surroundings. And if these are actually found, then something like your finding the local Prayaga should happen to affirm it. It is pretty close to empiricism how these things work out, practically without a fail. And yet it always makes life seem thoroughly miraculous!

I hope this helps you to work out your theory on how these centers could be located on the energetic body. I feel that from this and other disussions on this forum alone, one could gather a valuable key to the Tantras.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

obnoxion wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:21 pmMy patience is endless.

I know that it is. But keeping in mind that perhaps mapping these cakric gateways on the maps both macro- and microcosmical might be demanded to make the force flow to the center of the "auric bird" that struggles to form & to be born, I try to take some tentative steps in this matter too. For it is often easier to correct my mistaken hypotheses later than to let the intensifying force swell without a form in hesitant lack of hypotheses. So even though I feel like walking in partial darkness and on shifting sands, let's try this. At least the city map proved to be accurate in an astounding degree.

obnoxion wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pmKamarupa - Iccha Shakti – the energy of will or desire - creation
Purnagiri - Jnana Shakti – the energy of knowledge - annihilation or reabsorption
Jalandhara - Kriya Shakti – the energy of action - preservation
Oddiyana and Allahabada - Bhairava+Bhairavi\Akula+Kula - powers of Grace and Obscuration

This seems right to me, although in our system the jnanashaktic way becomes more like a creative one, and the Purnagiri-Jalandhara shaktic powers seem thus partially reversed. Maybe this is a part of our Western-related dharma, where the annihilation is usually attributed to the Martian forces, and preservation to Saturnine?

obnoxion wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pmKamarupa - Venus - Water (The Menstruating Cave)
Purnagiri - Saturn - Earth (The Mountain)
Jalandhara - Mars - Fire (The flaming natural gases)
Oddiyana/Allahabad - Moon/Sun - Ether/Air -

I agree. Although the elements are extremely volatile (permutable) in the system we have adopted, as can be seen from chapter III in the Book of Paths.

obnoxion wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pmOddiyana:
Metaphysical spot (The Paradisical Valley of Flying Dakinis; Island of the Moon)

Allahabad:
Concrete spot (meeting of three holy rivers; place of the sacrifice)

Clicks into place in my maps similarly.

obnoxion wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pm Kamarupa - Down - Kama (imagination)/Buddhi
Purnagiri - Left - ahamkara (intellect)/Manas
Jalandhara - Right - ahamkara (emotion)/Manas
Allahabad - center - ahamkara (intention)/Manas-Atma
Oddiyana - Up - Buddhi (intuition)/Atma

Concerning âtma:
Tetrahedron-shaped projection from secret Uddiyana might be one of the keys. I'm thinking about the twofold idea of âtma, as it is projected onwards from the Monadic hidden (hidden in view, but still!) point of oneness to the trinity, which forms the auric constitution in every compound. This is very well pictures in your twofold âtmas in Uddiyana and the central point of the Sun-Moon reversal.

I think this corresponds to the "egg within an egg" in human (&c.) constitution: auric atmosphere per se being the first, and the halo of the head being the second. So the "head-âtma" (esoteric, hidden Jupiter as a point of origin) would be the Uddiyana cakric point, and the "body-âtma" (the point where the inner esoteric point becomes as omphalos stone, apparently touchable, but actually protected because "our gold seems rough") shines from its central point in Prayaga-Allahabad.

Concerning buddhi & manas (in relation to ahamkara):
As said about the SoA correspondences, "Kamarupa" tends to carry a double vitality. It should ideally be manasic center, but it isn't, and will most likely not be in many years – if ever. That path has been tried and it has failed. This is turn puts more abstract manas into Purnagiri center, which was supposed to be more formal. It is amusing to note that this might be happening partially because of our chosen shift in the uses of manas & buddhi, correspondingly. In the SoA model we have a good founded use of manas from theosophy, who did the hard work in connecting that to the Venerian principle. Yet that creates a small obstacle because of the exoteric Western use of Venus in a very astral kind of ceremonial magic, using the lowest octaves of buddhi-manas. When as a part of our system we have re-arranged the buddhic universal love principle as a "percption of oneness" as a central theme, we face problems from both sides: West and East. For in the former, this oneness is understood blatantly (making the Absolute evil), and in the latter, it has been abstracted to so esoteric use, that it is like in a bottom of great well.

I must contemplate this further. I think the "triple cube" or "triple stone" of the added axis in the Demons' Cube might offer a good approach to this.

obnoxion wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pm In Christian/Kabbalistc terms Allahabad would be the Foundation Stone (shetiyah) and the Lunar Oddiyana would be the Cornerstone or the Keystone of the Vault (rosh ha-pinnahh). And between these stands upright the flowering Rod of Almond, that is, The Middle Pillar or Axis Mundi.

Is Uddiyana really the Cornerstone? I thought it as a "house of the architecht" (the temple of inspiring dakinis that might not be physically present). Could the axis mundi or the spinal column correspondence be instead a fourth-dimensional line that connects the points of the tetrahedron, thus joining the "head" center of uddiyana to the "body" centers of the others?

obnoxion wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pmFoundation Stone is the one that (solar-tipherethic) Jacob used as a pillow when sleeping on his way to Mesopotamia. He dreamed of a ladder on earth that reached to heaven, and angels walked it up and down. When he woke up, he said: "How dreadful is this place! It is none other than the house of God (bethel)" (Gen 28:11 -19). He proceeded to pour oil on the stone and sanctified it as an altar. Under the Solar Allahabad is the Venutian Kamarupa, wherein is hidden the Luciferian Emerald.

And in my map, it seems that the Golgotha or the skull-place (wherein the inside "head" is projected and where the worlds reverse) is the Prayaga. By the way... if you didn't do so already, check out the names of the places from the map I sent you, following the line east from the White Kamarupa, and northwest from the Black Purnagiri. I didn't notice that extra touch but until later.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Coincidentally, today I received a book in which was included Subba Row's article "Places of Pilgrimage in India". He speaks mainly of Varanasi, a sacred city situated very close to our mysterious Prayaga-Allahabad. It embodies exactly this same Moon|Sun symbolism of the centermost Anâhata. I attach the article with my notes.
Subba Row wrote:the holy city, whose two Samskrit names – Kâshi and Vârânasi – will yield a mine of truth to the earnest inquirer. [...] Kâshi is the supreme power of the great God Shiva who is the undifferentiated bliss, consciousness and being. Shiva or Peace here represents the fourth or unmanifested state of the Universe. (p.81)

The article importantly discusses also the threefold Buddhi, so it might be of interest to the other readers as well.
Attachments
Subba Row - Places of Pilgrimage in India.pdf
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 574 times
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:30 pm Subba Row kirjoitti:
the holy city, whose two Samskrit names – Kâshi and Vârânasi – will yield a mine of truth to the earnest inquirer. [...] Kâshi is the supreme power of the great God Shiva who is the undifferentiated bliss, consciousness and being. Shiva or Peace here represents the fourth or unmanifested state of the Universe. (p.81)
Here is a quote from Mark S. G. Dyczkowski's "The canon of Saivagama and the Kubjika Tantras of the Western Kaula Tradition" (SUNY, 1988; p. 6).

"Madhyadesa (an area covering eastern Uddar Pradesh and west Bihar) was, according to Abhinavagupta, considered to be the "repository of all scripture" - hence also of the Saivagama and Kulasastra. The importance of this part of India is indirectly confirmed by the fact that Benares, in the center of this area, is to be visualized as a sacred place (pitha) located in the heart of the body in the course of tha Kaula ritual described in Tantraloka. Similarily, Prayaga and Varanasi are projected in the same way onto the center of the body during the ritual described in the Yoginihrdava."

So the double aurig egg model is further strenghtenede.
Nefastos wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:18 pm Is Uddiyana really the Cornerstone? I thought it as a "house of the architecht" (the temple of inspiring dakinis that might not be physically present). Could the axis mundi or the spinal column correspondence be instead a fourth-dimensional line that connects the points of the tetrahedron, thus joining the "head" center of uddiyana to the "body" centers of the others?
Yes, that's right! The joining of the Uddiyana to this model was very "fourth-dimensional" from the beginning. This model seems just so dynamic that it is still hard to visualize -especially with the fourth dimensionality.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

We have sneaked upon another mystery, which has haunted me for a score of years: the one about two heart centers. (See Fosforos p.181; Finnish v. p.278.) I was thinking that these two nearby located centers of Varanasi & Prayaga with similar symbolism would perhaps be the emphases on Sun|Moon and Moon|Sun. They could also be, simultaneously, the two heart centers: the one in the physical heart & the one on the vertical line of spinal column. (From our axis mundi model this would me the Prayaga the spinal column cakra & Varanasi the heart "muscle" center, which I'd find just right.)
obnoxion wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:47 pmSo the double aurig egg model is further strenghtenede.

The double egg of the body/head would also find its two polaritis in these same Sun|Moon and Moon|Sun, another being of "Neptunian" & another of "Uranian" (Left and Right "secret Sun", or the higher Moon and the higher Sun). The Uddiyana secret place is at the center (the central "secret Sun") and its two magnetic places would be near to each other in the geocakric & human cakra system.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:49 pm We have sneaked upon another mystery, which has haunted me for a score of years: the one about two heart centers. (See Fosforos p.181; Finnish v. p.278.) I was thinking that these two nearby located centers of Varanasi & Prayaga with similar symbolism would perhaps be the emphases on Sun|Moon and Moon|Sun. They could also be, simultaneously, the two heart centers: the one in the physical heart & the one on the vertical line of spinal column. (From our axis mundi model this would me the Prayaga the spinal column cakra & Varanasi the heart "muscle" center, which I'd find just right.)
I have revisited Fosforos, and might I add, with hands trembling from excitement. This model has risen with minimal irritation, and flowered like the lotus in Prajnaparamita's most adamant, most tender hand - giving form to the ungraspable.

It will be such a blessing to contemplate these essentialy spiritual spots through pilgrimage near home. That is the practical beauty of this model - to meditate on the points simultanously by visiting an outer spot, an inner spot and a metaphysical spot.
Nefastos wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:49 pm The double egg of the body/head would also find its two polaritis in these same Sun|Moon and Moon|Sun, another being of "Neptunian" & another of "Uranian" (Left and Right "secret Sun", or the higher Moon and the higher Sun). The Uddiyana secret place is at the center (the central "secret Sun") and its two magnetic places would be near to each other in the geocakric & human cakra system.
This will further give me a chance to research my neptunian idea of the earth-diver aspect of Satan.

Our model is quite concretely mirrored in the actual geography of Prayaga, where the three sacred rivers meet - the deep and clear watered Yamuna, the shallow and muddy Ganges, and the invisible or underground Sarasvati.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

obnoxion wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:22 amIt will be such a blessing to contemplate these essentialy spiritual spots through pilgrimage near home. That is the practical beauty of this model - to meditate on the points simultanously by visiting an outer spot, an inner spot and a metaphysical spot.

Indeed! I went for a short pilgrimage to my Jalandhara two days ago, and felt a bit assaulted by the still cold spring & all the people. The cave of Kamarupa has been so womb-like comfort that leaving it made me a bit sick. Accidentally, when I also visited the older Jalandhara center of mine (you may notice it as a smaller cross/dot above the current one), I noticed some things. One of them was that this older spot connected to the others makes a perfect equilateral triangle, 10x10x10... strange that I didn't notice that earlier. But when that Jalandhara was in use, I hasn't yet found Purnagiri.

I mentioned a quotation relevant to this path yesterday (here). Did you – an old Lovecraft devotee if I remember right – notice that this was also, in many different ways, a practice of his? Making sacral the apparently familiar places, and pushing through the surface tension of the familiar, by intensifying it to its extreme, to the great beyond?
Houellebecq wrote:All place-names are cited, topographic indications abound: each of the setting in the drama is precisely sited by its altitude and longitude. (p.74)

It is precisely this polarity that makes, paradoxically, possible the leap from the known to the unknown dimensions. (And, come to think of it, isn't this approach also the approach of Twin Peaks?)

obnoxion wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:22 amOur model is quite concretely mirrored in the actual geography of Prayaga, where the three sacred rivers meet - the deep and clear watered Yamuna, the shallow and muddy Ganges, and the invisible or underground Sarasvati.

I came to a kind of cul-de-sac in my own study about two heart centers, because it made me to think about three. I already mentioned Golgotha when talking about "the great cemetery" of Prayaga-Varanasi centers. In case we have heart muscle on the left side (which is the right side when we face the crucified one) and the axis mundi Redeemer at the center, isn't there one cross left, the one which we see on the left, the cross of Gestas? On the left side of the chest one's liver is felt, and Zohar tells us that it is the liver where the demon dwells. This demon indwelling the body will go to perdition, unable to repent, but Dismas from the right side of Varanasi has been turned towards the saviour on axis mundi, and will be met in paradise. The three crosses, as I wrote in The Left Hand Path, are the 666, i.e. Sorath, and the Sorath, as we can see from the Demon's Cube, is the ultra axis which connects the higher Sun and the higher Moon to the process we can perceive in three dimensions. "Fohat traces spiral lines to unite the sixth to the seventh — the crown; an army of the Sons of Light stands at each angle, and the Lipika in the middle wheel." Book of Dzyan 5:4. Fohat is the spiralling ultra dimension, "active love" of the Mother, kundalinî, uniting the dots of three dimensions with his spiral in the fourth. (Actually, this is how he connects all the dimensions, but this is the one human beings have the first trouble of perceiving straight.)

So where's the dead end I mentioned? The path seems to open to the dimension that is no longer relevant to the process at hand. So much has been found that it will take much time, digesting, and visiting of these places outside and inside, to really realize what has been found. With this, I don't suggest we should bury this discussion. Maybe it will next be the time for that ninefold dance of the black pope you mentioned in the quotes. I am yet unsure what exactly it would mean for me, but perhaps I'll find out. In my recent study of the five secondary virtues, left heel corresponds either to Courage or to Patience, depending from if I am myself the crucified, or the one facing Him. Like we some time ago spoke with sod Krepusculum, this mirror image turning of the celestial schema has always puzzled me to no end. Which is right, which is left? It all depends where one stands.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:50 pm I mentioned a quotation relevant to this path yesterday (here). Did you – an old Lovecraft devotee if I remember right – notice that this was also, in many different ways, a practice of his? Making sacral the apparently familiar places, and pushing through the surface tension of the familiar, by intensifying it to its extreme, to the great beyond?
Yes, I'm a Lovecraft devotee (and a Twin Peaks devotee). I've found both HPL and TP as a child, and from the first instant found these entertainments to be spiritually remarkable. It must come down to the idea of space and location, both geographical and architectural. I find this idea perfectly in the hebrew word "makom" or place. This word means "the place", and it is from Jacob's mouth when he said "this place is horrible" after waking up from the ladder-dream at the Bethel's stone. The kabbalist's use this word "makom" for a name to Kether, which is the highest sephira on the Tree of Life. The idea of a sacred spot is innate for me. And there is always a certain sense of horror to such a place. I could say that the deity that I am devoted to is Makom, and S/he is a horrible deity.

On the third heart center, I came think of the shakti pitha where Devi's heart fell - the Baidyanath Dam in Jharkhand. This is the place where Ravana (Gestas?) worshipped Shiva to get the boon with which he tyrannized the world in Ramayana...

Here is a wikipedia link:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baidyanath_Temple
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

If you don't mind, I'll share some stray thought on the periphery of the subject of the fall of our astral Gestas, even though this might appear just loitering near the sacred places. But even though I scatter thoughts here and there, I feel some of them might be of some interest. A red or rather black thread through this cacophony would be the terrible nature of the process' regressive side, the sod of Gestas, shall we say?
obnoxion wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pmI find this idea perfectly in the hebrew word "makom" or place. This word means "the place", and it is from Jacob's mouth when he said "this place is horrible" after waking up from the ladder-dream at the Bethel's stone. The kabbalist's use this word "makom" for a name to Kether, which is the highest sephira on the Tree of Life. The idea of a sacred spot is innate for me. And there is always a certain sense of horror to such a place. I could say that the deity that I am devoted to is Makom, and S/he is a horrible deity.

On the third heart center, I came think of the shakti pitha where Devi's heart fell - the Baidyanath Dam in Jharkhand. This is the place where Ravana (Gestas?) worshipped Shiva to get the boon with which he tyrannized the world in Ramayana...

You must be right. The story of Ravana-Gestas is very interesting, and brings us back to Subba Row – who also now turns to kabbala. I take some quotes from the text in the same (and only) anthology of his texts than from which I took the article attached above. It is not an article per se, but a brief & haphazard collection of seemingly different teachings of SR, marked down shorthand and therefore full of small errors. The uniting aspect through that pseudo-article, however, seems to deal mostly with this same subject of the annihilating oneness aspect of kundalinî and the dangers of the process in union. (How the Ravanic "sacrificing the heads" bring about divine oneness of potentially – ah – ravenous sort.) It is easy to see why it has been left in such a disarray rather than finished. Vedantist SR actually comes back to kabbala repeatedly here, which he relates to "AHJH" ray. It can be interpreted that he actually means Ahih i.e. Eheyeh, the Aham of the Shaivite tantrics. He says that "Kabbala is alla AHJH ray", and that "this ray has more to do with Shaivaism than any other department of Hinduism". He speaks of kundalinî as linga, related to hiranyagarbha (our "first egg"), and gives extremely good, extremely short meditation practice for Anâhata.

In the text behind your link it was said that: "Ravana offered his ten heads one after another to Shiva as a sacrifice. Pleased with this, Shiva descended to cure Ravana who was injured. As he acted as a doctor, he is referred to as Vaidhya ("doctor"). From this aspect of Shiva, the temple derives its name." Coincidentally, SR speaks here about those "doctors" when speaking about the Shaivite ray of "AHJH" (Eheyeh or Aham). It might become too chaotic to quote the exact text, that comes to resurrection of the dead through these "more than 25 powers" of the rays of the "Devaloka doctors". But from this particular necromancy, we can take one more stride back to HPL, and even more onwards (backwards) in astral regression.

obnoxion wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:01 pmYes, I'm a Lovecraft devotee (and a Twin Peaks devotee). I've found both HPL and TP as a child, and from the first instant found these entertainments to be spiritually remarkable. It must come down to the idea of space and location, both geographical and architectural.

Speaking of great fiction in extreme geomantic nostalgia, I already sent you my associations of the Mother's supermaterial Coin that was a Book dream; the text from the fiction book of Lost Memories from Silent Hill 2. From the Lovecraftian peripathetic Oedipalism, I instantly come to another favourite from the same series, which I often bring to these discussions: the even more (if that'd be possible) Oedipal black magician from Silent Hill the Room. In that story, a baby is born in a stray apartment but instantly abandoned. When growing up, he comes to see that very apartment of his birth to be his actual mother, and wents through a serie of extreme downward path rituals to "wake up" that Mother, that is actually a place (the factual room of his birth mistakenly taken as an entity). After truly "sacrificing his head" (becoming insane) to live in the astral world of his own making, the magician never wakes up to understand that his extreme loneliness in searching of the Mother has factually made her (and him) the Devil. ("She who is called the "Holy Mother" be not holy one whit. / The "Descent of the Holy Mother" is naught but the Descent of the Devil.")

In the Subba Row's text just mentioned, it so happens that he even comes to the core of this supernostalgic Lovecraftian mythos, some decades before Lovecraft: "When a man begins to deal with magical evocations, very powerful elementals come, and they are not easily frightened away. In the ordinary course, at a certain stage, they will come and test you. (...) For instance, there are all the powerful elemental gods and goddesses worshipped by the Atlanteans [i.e. now in the depths of the Atlantic ocean], and these still exist. They are most ferocious things, but they cannot be evoked easily. It is fortunate for us that they do not interfere more than they do."

Now, put into such extreme intense & short form with only the rainbow bridges in the dark to lead the way, we are not far from the unique form of sanity of Kenneth Grant.