Anagrammaticon

Symbols and allegories.
Nefastos

Anagrammaticon

Post by Nefastos »

A bit lighter topic for conversation. Have you considered anagrams of your name (either birth-given or self-taken) and if they seem to define some aspects of your being in a symbolistic fashion?

I find endless (agonished) amusement that the most linguistically perfect anagram of my birth name is, translated from Finnish: "Your Happiness as a Slave of Spirit". It really tells quite a lot.

"Slave" is, curiously, also a common part of Sanskrit names, meaning that one is subservient to a deity in absolute fashion. Like in the name of the famous poet Kalidasha, "Slave of Kali".
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Insanus

Re: Anagrammaticon

Post by Insanus »

That spiritclown's words is one, translated from finnish obv. Is there even anything else to my being?
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Mine wasn't too far from what Insanus came out with.

I might have done this when I was a child, but not 100% sure of these cloudy memories. Anyway I gave it a try and from my first name and two middle names, leaving out the family name, I came out with partly archaic and vernacular sentence that could be translated as ”Under a spell of mischief that corpus.” Since childhood my relationship with the Jester has been sort of straightforward, meaning I've felt mischief based on lies and harmdoing foolish, but when great and mighty obstacles are being confronted, problems of cosmic proportions are handled etc., I can not resist having the widest grin on my face and the twinkle in the eye. This appreciation of the spirit of Mercury can be easily interpreted in the present culture as malicious humour, but there's nothing malicious about it; it's more like childlike zest sparking up with such flame that it may seem like a mad thirst for seeing people fall.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Not exactly an anagram, but I've found my second name being in good rapport with my basic nature: cheerful. Not that I'm nowadays that cheerful most of the time...

I think we sometimes fooled around with Nefastos as being the re-incarnations of rabbis Johanan and Ishmael. I do find some connection with Metatron who saved Ishmael.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I haven't thought about it much before. But it seems that my whole name can be changed to something like "The Ruthless/raw/unripe/gruesom ("raaaka" in Finnish) Moon sets the Border for the Forest". At the moment I'm inclined to interpret the Ruthless Moon as the inverted metaphysical triangle situated 12 finger breadths above the head, and the forest as the circle of the world of senses. And this would be apt, as I am prone to keep the moon as the symbol of highest transcendental state. And Devi is often depicted as ruthless forest fire.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Thunder Kali is Jesus.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Benemal wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:26 pm Thunder Kali is Jesus.
What a striking anagram!
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Always the Knight of Dreams
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Ok, so I played around with my name a little bit and came up with this: Red name is in Om.
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Finding anagrams is a really nice quarantine game. I was looking for something with a super-cool occult meaning but it seems that the only anagram that makes sense is:

Alien Ork Child
Boreas wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:50 pm Red name is in Om.
You have been in the red aspect, right?
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)