Your ideal temple.

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
obnoxion

Re: Your ideal temple.

Post by obnoxion »

Amantes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:08 pm I have been thinking long time that my english is too bad to really communicate, but im not sure how true that is. This topic gave me so beatiful and clear images to my mind that I wanted to share it. Hopefully my words can reah you brothers and sisters.

My ideal temple would be located in desert. Heat, sand, cold and dark nights with lots of stars. There would be naturally formed, sand covered, cave where the church had been found. Lots of bones, skeletons, ash, dry roses (and other dry flowers and plants), burning herbs, smoke, little on-going bonfires, lots of bottles of boose and other plant made potions. It would be asymmetric but still monotonic, singing only one worded silence where the restless and violent mind is naturally forced to drop that act because the bridge to source is too bright and clear. There would be some holes in the "roof" where the sun or night can enter in the cave. Bloodstained altar stones and crafted stones, like in gravyeard, with symbols and/or short poetic koan-like texts, or only one word, which you can comtemplate to the ends of time; to kill the time.

At the lowest floor stage there would be passage to little, colourfull and rich garden. There would be hole on the ground which led us to clear, pure and little bit bubling fountain. That would be home of some frogs that would be chanting "croack, croack".

This topic is interesting, because these kinds of imaginated journeys to paint from mind what one can see as beatiful and holy can reveal something very essential of ones soul. I think these kind of clear pictures of place of spirits are in a way present in every breath we take.
Very evokative vision, Amantes! I was instantly transported to the mysterious desert.

I see already a network of power places - even cities, deserts, forests and mountains - rising like in some astral map.It is nice how these visions give some idea about each of us writing on this forum, many of whom have never met each other.
Nefastos wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:58 am If visitor resists the urge to go straight to the statue at the altar, instead circling the balcony level, he will notice an asymmetry in the otherwise even four-angled temple.
Is this assymetry like the strange angles in Lovecraft's "Dreams in the Witch House"...? (I only ask because I have spent many youthful nights trying to imagine these asymmetries. And I once was spending time in an abandoned house where I thought I found a room where the angles werr somewhat as evokative as I had imagined).
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

I’ve had many fantasies of a temple, that have been brought down a bit by what is realistic (although in truth still remaining quite far from what is doable). I’ve even made gardening plans for one of such fantasy as a school project. As the topic allows the fantasy to the next level I’ll expand a bit from those fantasies.

In a valley surrounded by old forests there’s a small and humble castle made of wood, stone and clay near a creek running down from the mountain tops. The creek would join a bond that also receives its body of water from underground stream. The castle’architectural style would near the Craigievar Castle, lots of small windows and towers, yet there is a spacious and high ritual hall that is illuminated by larger windows not easily visible from the outside. Some towers are for stargazing and breathing the night air. The ritual hall floor is of different colours of stone assembled for specific ritual purposes. During most evenings there’s a lantern burning at the modest front door, that might easily be mistaken as some backdoor meant for the clergy. Around the ritual hall there’s lots of passages where one can get lost in. Secret chambers that are to be found intuitively, for say a left-hand ritual for the Winter Solstice. The Ritual Hall would serve the right-hand emphasis when need be. There seems to be some sense of plan and order behind the richly decorated and symbolical passages and chambers, but in their labyrinth assemble, there’s a sense of unique steps every time they are approached.

Well designed gravitational air ventilation system makes the temple breathe, which allows heavy incense use in the smallers rooms also. The smoke might actually have its own adventures through the air channels jumping out from unexpected places. In a small, warm and homely kitchen/dining area there's a large furnace with a chimney going through the castle walls warming them up.

Stairways often have small one or two person wide lacunas covered with thick hugging drapes. These lacunas usually have something to sit on and most importantly devotional art to communicate with.
A staircase near one of the entrances leads to a library made of semi dark wood. Two storeys, the other one more of a balcony around the room, though having a bit of a maze of its own around the shelves.

Only candles and light casted down from the Sun or the Moon!

The Dungeons consists mainly of the crypts of the brotherhood members. Although there’s a secret underground pathway to the woods. The woods are inhabitet by stone sculptures of different entities guarding places naturally belonging to them, wild animals, deers and all sorts of birds. The pathway rises up in to a round open air sanctuary with minimal decoratives. Only pillars and specific forms carved for bearing elements. These forms or tubs are all of the same stone or mass of clay as the floor.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

obnoxion wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:53 pm
Nefastos wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:58 am If visitor resists the urge to go straight to the statue at the altar, instead circling the balcony level, he will notice an asymmetry in the otherwise even four-angled temple.

Is this assymetry like the strange angles in Lovecraft's "Dreams in the Witch House"...?

I'd love that to be so! But since you only promised unlimited money, I think God/dess of that temple has to find the place to bend the conventional laws of geometrics where S/He wants, and that's "grace". I just meant that there is this huge round-shaped tower going through the cathedral on its one side only... like a great feminine spear through the side of the church-crossed master.

To have power to bend those pesky Euclideans at some point, I'd say there are two such points in the temple, but they are in the strangest of places.

Amantes wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:08 pmThis topic is interesting, because these kinds of imaginated journeys to paint from mind what one can see as beatiful and holy can reveal something very essential of ones soul. I think these kind of clear pictures of place of spirits are in a way present in every breath we take.

Indeed this would be a rich field for a psychiatrist to probe a little bit of Satanist mental mindscape. Especially if we'd start another topic what one would find in the catacombs under each of these mind-temples...

[EDIT: The opening post actually promised limitless "resources". Associations of the economy-Nefastos-chibi strike again, I guess.]
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:47 pm Indeed this would be a rich field for a psychiatrist to probe a little bit of Satanist mental mindscape. Especially if we'd start another topic what one would find in the catacombs under each of these mind-temples...
Under the hill there would be a square surrounded by statues of the eight Mothers, two on each side. In the center of the square there is an invisible linga, surrounded by offerings of magnificent flowers and skulls. The entrance to this underground chamber would be hidden in the cemetery. And above the temple, when the eyes would be painted on the central stone by the crooked old lady that manages the chapel, the Island of the moon would appear above in the form of inverted triangle. And in the surrounding woods there would be pieces of coloured clothes and dry bones hanging from the branches of the trees. Often the woods would be eerily still and quiet. But sometimes a warm wind would whisper through the trees, bringing strange ideas, and sending shivers up the spine.

I suppose all this is telling of my being half-possessed by the Goddess...
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Amantes

Post by Amantes »

Nefastos wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:47 pm Indeed this would be a rich field for a psychiatrist to probe a little bit of Satanist mental mindscape. Especially if we'd start another topic what one would find in the catacombs under each of these mind-temples...
Yeah. For me it would be difficult to think catacombs as a different section of the temple. I dont want anything locked. From the heat of everlasting funeral pyre is made the joy and wonder of life. Death walks here in the form of fog and the separation of life and afterlife is made unclear. Maybe there where no separation in the first place... But of course there is catacombs, but I would like to think that for satanist those locked dreams and nightmares would be close enough to surface. So that one can contemplate and set those bolted dreams free. Daydreaming about skeletons is hoping to breath wholly, and just dance because of the dance.
obnoxion wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:59 pm I suppose all this is telling of my being half-possessed by the Goddess...
<3
Mars

Post by Mars »

This got a bit out of hand and became a monastery instead of a temple.

It is located in a mountaineous but still somewhat accessible area, such as the Scottish Highlands. There is a temple area with statues/altars of various deities circling the nave so that worshippers could choose their own. There are meditation cells in the dungeons below and a small lecture hall. There is a library with an esoteric emphasis. There's a cafe where newspapers around the world can be read. In the cafe there's an unlimited amount of tea and espresso-based coffee drinks (concerning coffee, only espresso after noon as we're not barbarians!). There's a pub area with real ale, German lager, Scotch whisky and Italian wine available. The monastery is located so that there's an easy access to hiking trails and there's also a lake/loch nearby for swimming. Outside there is an archery range. There is also a gym from which big windows give to the mountains (also kettlebells on an outside deck). The actual aesthetics are a blend of Notre-Dame and Eilean Donan Castle. There are also a lot of wild animals around, which we befriend instead of eating them. Midges are kept away by magic. Dress code: a robe of your colour of choice.

I do realise that this feels more like a theme park than a monastery but I'm feeling whimsical.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I would never want to leave your monastery, Mars! You had me at "espresso-based coffee drinks"
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Old monastery like stone building where deep in the cellars beneath the hidden doors lies a secret temple where all likeminded individuals can meet in secret and worship and practice their arts to their hearts content.
Medeia

Post by Medeia »

Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Medeia wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:38 pm This.
Whoa! That was pretty sweet. I really liked the music along with the video. I daydream about creating a little space with my own hands.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran