Reading circle (Per Faxneld: Satanic Feminism)

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
Wyrmfang

Reading circle (Per Faxneld: Satanic Feminism)

Post by Wyrmfang »

Let´s get started with this interesting work. The pace would be one chapter per month (usually 40-60 pages). Please inform here if you are willing to participate, I´ll wait few days to gather the group. You can also shout, if there is a chapter you are specifically interested. I´ll take the introduction this month, and then we´ll move on in order to be decided.
obnoxion

Re: Reading circle (Per Faxneld: Satanic Feminism)

Post by obnoxion »

I'd like to take part. Most of all I would like to do Chaper (in order of preference) 5, 6 or 7.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Alright, I'm in. I would be interested in chapter 8 (Lucifer and the Lesbians: Sapphic Satanism) unless someone else wants it. On the other hand, chapter 4 (Theosophical Luciferianism and Feminist Celebrations of Eve) would be my forte, since this is both a big part of my own path & was also what I wrote my pro gradu about. But that is not to say I am ecstatic to going back to it again. :lol: But however you want to build this, Wyrmfang.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

I'm in! Chapter 9 (Becoming the Demon Woman: Rebellious Role-play) fascinates me greatly, so I'd like that one if no-one else does. I started reading the intro a bit last night and I must say I find the way Faxneld writes to be quite lovely. Perhaps it's because a good portion of the occult literature I've read is pretty dry.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

I must get my copy first.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Heith

Post by Heith »

This is really interesting but I'm afraid I won't be able to keep the pace. I think I won't officially join the reading circle, but I might "shadow read" and comment sometimes if that is ok?
Wyrmfang

Post by Wyrmfang »

Heith wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:18 pm I think I won't officially join the reading circle, but I might "shadow read" and comment sometimes if that is ok?
Sure! In general, non-praticipants can comment, but let´s keep on the level that it doesn´t draw the attention too much away from where we are going in the book.

So, I´ll begin in this month with the introduction, and we shall continue then as follows:

Chapter 1: Wyrmfang (April)
Chapter 2: Kenazis (May)
Chapter 3: Nefastos (June)
Chapter 4: Polyhymnia (July)
Chapter 5: Obnoxion (August)
Chapter 6: Wyrmfang (October)
Chapter 7: Kenazis (November)
Chapter 8: Nefastos (December)
Chapter 9: Polyhymnia (January)
Chapter 10: Obnoxion (February)
Chapter 11: Wyrmfang (March)
Chapter 12: Kenazis (April)

Obviously, the schedule can be changed if there is need for it. In particular, Kenazis, if you have problems in getting the book in time, you can, for example, change chapters 2 and 3 with Nefastos.
Shantanu579

Post by Shantanu579 »

I would love to take part too.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Shantanu579 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:17 am I would love to take part too.
Welcome to the forum, Shantanu579! And feel free to take part in these discussions. It's a great book, and I'm anxious to get started.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Yes, welcome, Shantanu579!

I have just returned from a week long family vacation and my spirit is on fire and ready for all this reading. I have a couple books happening at the moment, but this one is the one I'm most excited to dive into.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran