Membership in Soa: FAQ

Questions directed to the Star of Azazel.
Heith

Membership in Soa: FAQ

Post by Heith »

I thought to collect here a list of question we frequently get on our fraternity email. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

MEMBERSHIP
Q: Is it possible to become a member if one doesn't live in Finland?
A: Yes. While the majority of our members are Finns, we welcome applications from all around the world.

Q: The Star of Azazel is frequently referred to as a "fraternity". Does this mean that membership is open to males only?
A: The Star of Azazel doesn't choose its members based on any gender. Those accepted as members can choose from the status of Frater (brother), Soror (sister) or Sodalis (member). All of these are of equal standing within the fraternity. Here on the forums you are able to distinguish members of the fraternity by a tag under their user name.

Q: Do you keep the identities of your members as a secret?
A: Yes. The members of the fraternity are forbidden to reveal the membership of other members to anyone who is not in the fraternity. One can of course speak openly of their own membership. If you are worried of your identity being safe, please write on our open forums in a way that no casual reader is able to identify you.

APPLICATION PROCESS

Q: How long does the application process take?
A: We answer all our applicants. Generally, the process should not take more than a month.

Q: Can I speed up the process?
A: Only by reading carefully the information provided on our website, and by making a carefully constructed application. We process all applications in the order they arrive in.

Q: Is it necessary to join a lodge?
A: Since the Star of Azazel has no longer a central governing cell all members must belong and apply to a lodge. We no longer grant membership to people outside of lodges.

Q: How do I know which lodge is the right one for me?
A: You can read the lodge descriptions of our currently active and officially approved lodges on our website. Further questions are welcome to the lodge contact person(s). You may find their email address on the lodge descriptions.

Q: Can I be a member in more than one lodges:
A: Most likely yes. Some lodges might limit the number of other lodge memberships but generally its very encouraged to co-work betwixt lodges.

Q: What does it mean that a lodge is official SoA lodge?
A: In order to become a officially approved SoA lodge, certain criteria must be met. This includes accepting the basic principles of the Star of Azazel, among other things. Official SoA lodges are administrated by long-term brethren, and we are able to guarantee that their practice, members and philosophy is something we stand behind of.

Q: I sent my application over a month ago, but haven't heard from you. Does this mean I wasn't accepted?
A: We reply to all our applicants. It is most likely that your application has gone missing in the mail. Please contact straight to the lodge contact to which you were applying to.

Q: Can I apply via email?
A: Different lodges have different protocols. You are always able to find a list of official SoA lodges here https://www.azazel.fi/en/lodges/

Q: Does membership or applying for a membership cost me something?
A: Please read through the desired lodge's protocol. At the time that this is written, membership is for free.

OTHER OCCULT SOCIETIES

Q: I am a member in another occult society but would like to apply to your fraternity. Does this stop me from becoming a member in SoA?
A: Generally speaking no, unless the other occult society supports or promotes views (such as violence) which are in direct conflict with our own. However, lodges may have differing opinions. Please contact the desired lodge personnel.

IDEOLOGIES AND THE LIKE AFFECTING MEMBERSHIP

Q: I am politically active. Can I still join?
A: As a thumb rule, yes. Lodges may have differing opinions of this, but the general consensus seems to be that ss far as you are willing to leave politics out of all your brotherhood activity you are welcome. We have members holding very different political views, and if they wish to talk about politics, that must be done in other than brotherhood-connected situations.

Q: I am a prime minister by profession. Can I still join?
A: Yes, but since you are a known political figure, no serious brotherhood responsibilities will likely be given to you.

Q: Does one have to have a religious worldview in order to join the fraternity?
A: No. We have atheistic, agnostic and theistic members. We only require that one respects the views of others, and discusses politely.

Q: I am a member of the church X. Does this stop me from becoming a member in SoA?
A: In most cases, no.

Q: I belong to a criminal organization. Can I join to your Satanic brotherhood?
A: Most likely not, since the brotherhood's form of Satanism underlines the needs of honesty and nonviolence to approach any real spirituality.

Q: I believe that there are different human races, of which some are better than others. Can I join you occult brotherhood?
A: No, and you wouldn't want to, since we seek to "form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste, or colour".

FORUMS
I would like to participate to discussions on your forum, but I don't want to become a member in the fraternity. Is this ok?
Absolutely, we welcome anyone interested to discuss with us.
Yinlong

Re: Membership in Soa: FAQ

Post by Yinlong »

In my humble opinion, this is clear, concise, and to-the-point. Nothing to add this far...
Quaerendo Invenietis - Na dìomhcuimhnich a-chaoidh - Feuer frei!
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Should we also include a mention that we do not accapt as members people who belong to political parties or criminal gangs that promote racism and/or use violence. And if one is a prominent member of a political party, then one cannot be at the same time in a responsible position in our society, though one can be still be a member.

Did I remember correctly...?
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Since your first sentence can be read in two ways (even though the next one should make clear which of them is correct), let me rephrase this in a following way in the following questions & answers:

Q: I am politically active. Can I still join?
A: Yes. As far as you are willing to leave politics out of all your brotherhood activity. We have members from very different political parties, and if they wish to talk about politics, that must be done in other than brotherhood-connected situations.

Q: I am a prime minister by profession. Can I still join?
A: Yes, but since you are a known political figure, no serious brotherhood responsibilities will be given to you.

Q: I belong to a criminal organization. Can I join to your Satanic brotherhood?
A: Most likely not, since the brotherhood's form of Satanism underlines the needs of honesty and nonviolence to approach any real spirituality.

Q: I believe that there are different human races, of which some are better than others. Can I join you occult brotherhood?
A: No, and you wouldn't want to, since we seek to "form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste, or colour".
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Heith

Post by Heith »

Thank you, I'e updated. Feel free to add questions and answers as you see fit, or if you like, make more sections under which to put questions and answers.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Lodges section of the azazel.fi web page received a new set of classifications according to lodge’s status of activity. The point is to make it easier for newcomers to apply a membership in a lodge the established way and pace of action could perhaps fit the applicants own will for active participation. If an interesting lodge don’t have as active status as one would hope, it might be wise to consider applying membership from another one, or multiple lodges at once.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake