TWIN PEAKS

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
A.A.

Re: TWIN PEAKS

Post by A.A. »

Huge spoiler!
This impressive 4+ hours long video explains pretty well Twin Peaks series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AYnF5hOhuM
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

A.A. wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:45 pm Huge spoiler!

I love this involved nterpretation!

Although these kinds of cohesive interpretations tend to miss the important aspect of all of David Lynch's ouvre - to communicate the wordless ideas. Yet such ideas usually can be rationalized fully, without emptying them at all.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

A.A. wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:45 pmHuge spoiler!

I liked the first hour's polite, slowly and carefully moving prologue so much that I watched the whole video. Only the voice he used for the Lynch-citations was a bit hard to listen to. Then came the ultimate idea about what the show was about, and it was interesting in its explicit anti-mysticism. "Very fine correspondence indeed", I thought; "now let's see his thoughts about the actually interesting parts". But – nothing came. Luckily I had other things to do while watching this, for the last two and half hours (!!) or so were just hammering the same thing with less and less nuances and no actually convincing interpretations, his ideas becoming thinner and thinner.

My personal opinion only, obviously.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

There's no reason to watch someone's theories about Lynch -or anyone - because even if they get something right, it's completely irrelevant. Only how I see it myself matters and if I'm wrong, that's completely irrelevant also.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Well, that's not a 100% accurate; if someone has atheory about the Rabbits, I might listen.
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Benemal wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:53 pm There's no reason to watch someone's theories about Lynch -or anyone - because even if they get something right, it's completely irrelevant. Only how I see it myself matters and if I'm wrong, that's completely irrelevant also.
That's almost like saying there's no reason to watch movies because no one cares if they are right or wrong.

I got ideas from the video. About audiences, worlds mixing and symbolism of tv-snacks. Right or wrong, it's not irrelevant.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä