TWIN PEAKS

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
obnoxion

TWIN PEAKS

Post by obnoxion »

I know we have many enthusiast here. I've been following the new season, and it has exceeded my expectations. What are your thoughts on the best television series ever made?
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Vanadís

Re: TWIN PEAKS

Post by Vanadís »

Twin Peaks <3 <3 <3 I advice reading Mark Frost: The Secret History of Twin Peaks. I really enjoyed it! 80% on book deals about UFO & conspiracy theories, and there are some funny overlapping to Jack Parsons' personal history and Thelema in the book. When saying "funny" I mean there's some details that are accurate and interesting, but something that are fully made up - actually much like the way Kenneth Grant's books are written (some facts, some maybes and some made up things to create something that is energetically appealing and powerful).

Frater Sukhastira recommended David Lynch's book Catching the big fish: meditation, consciousness and creativity. It was really good. I will read it second time for sure, just to get all the details and feelings between the lines!

I've just started to watch all the other movies Lynch have made. It is interesting how for example Wild at Heart (1990) reveals one important detail about what or who Laura Palmer really was. This movie came up before Twin Peaks, so with this kind of clues you can understand that something that Twin Peaks speaks about is not limited into the series, but it is more Lynch's current.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Vanadís wrote:When saying "funny" I mean there's some details that are accurate and interesting, but something that are fully made up - actually much like the way Kenneth Grant's books are written (some facts, some maybes and some made up things to create something that is energetically appealing and powerful).
This is exactly how I understand Kenneth Grant! And, also, this is exactly why I have very little interest in subsequent Qlippothic and other such developments. It just seems they are repeating the Grantian aesthetic like some traditional ornament. It is not a about continuation of Typhonian forms, but a self-initiation and authentic individuation - well that, and and the irreplaceability of the woman in the LHP - that Grant is about. And Lynch, I think, is genuinelly Typhonian in this sense.

While speaking of Grant and Lynch, the 8th Episode of The New Twin Peaks seemed to echo Grant's theories about the Qlippoth and the use of the Atomic Bomb.

I have had "Catching the Big Fish" on my wish list for some time now. It would be nice to hear from someone who has read it
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Vanadís

Post by Vanadís »

obnoxion wrote:I have had "Catching the Big Fish" on my wish list for some time now. It would be nice to hear from someone who has read it
You can find it also in your local library ;)
After reading it I remembered some parts of my core essence that I had forgotten "in an occult hurry" :D And going back to daily meditations now.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I will suscribe HBO, when the whole show is out. So I have seen none of it yet. Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are among my all-time favorite movies.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

obnoxion wrote:I know we have many enthusiast here. I've been following the new season, and it has exceeded my expectations. What are your thoughts on the best television series ever made?
Well, read with your own peril, because HERE WILL BE SPOILERS!

I just read a review of the first episodes, and there was a charming interpretation of the young man watching the empty box - he symbolises the viewer, who has been anxiously waiting for the new season of Twin Peaks!
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

obnoxion wrote:I know we have many enthusiast here. I've been following the new season, and it has exceeded my expectations. What are your thoughts on the best television series ever made?
Well, read with your own peril, because HERE WILL BE SPOILERS!

I just read a review of the first episodes, and there was a charming interpretation of the first scene, where the young man is watching the empty box - he symbolises the viewer, who has been anxiously waiting for the new season of Twin Peaks!
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Benemal wrote:I will suscribe HBO, when the whole show is out. So I have seen none of it yet. Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive are among my all-time favorite movies.
These two are also my favourite movies from Lynch. Mullholland Drive is number 1. Twin Peaks the Return is so different from the original, but I think with all the possibilities this might be the only way to continue the great story. Got Light?
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Vanadís wrote:TWhen saying "funny" I mean there's some details that are accurate and interesting, but something that are fully made up - actually much like the way Kenneth Grant's books are written (some facts, some maybes and some made up things to create something that is energetically appealing and powerful).
This is also apparent in Lovecraft's writings, where, when describing the characters bookshelf, he would place in it some actually existing opuses WITH the dreaded Necronomicon. This makes the impression that it too would be a real book. Clearly this strategy has worked, since there is still debate on the origins of the text..
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Perhaps many have noticed that in the old Twin Peaks, there are two Goetic sigils (Asmodeus and Astaroth) hanging from a string in the Sheriff's office, and flanking both sides of the chalkboard with the map to the Black Lodge. Do you think this Goetic theme is developed in the series, or are these sigils just a demonic curiosities? I mean, there seem to be very little convential Goetic imagery. The demonic is coneyed by contemporary (and quite mundane) imagery, for example, a record player, motor oil and creamed corn.