Artists, illustrators & photographers

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Otava

Artists, illustrators & photographers

Post by Otava »

All connected to...

Your favourites? Suggestions?

I do like the works from Zbigniew M. Bielak & Manuel Tinnemans, but I'm in a dead-end.

Artist named Tern (or Yuri S, or...), who has made Ildjarn covers is great also.
Benemal

Re: Artists, illustrators & photographers

Post by Benemal »

Me. You'll probably know them, but here's a few, that are popular in "occult circles"-Zsdislaw Beksinski, Alex Grey, William Blake & H.R.Giger. I recommend my favorite "genre", 19th century symbolism.
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I googled Bielak and Tinnemans, because my knowledge of art is quite unprofessional. Intesting & beautiful. I'm gonna finally have a website soon, so I should know a little bit, about what others are doing. The only record cover I've done is Fleshpress's "Acid mouth strangulation" I'd link, but device doesn't allow. Interior & back are actually better, than front.
Otava

Post by Otava »

Benemal wrote:I'd link, but device doesn't allow.
I'm (we are) interested. Any other options?
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Only low quality pics of front cover online. I should have photos somewhere. I'll send them to you, if possible.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I don't know if they are too classical to your liking, but you might enjoy W. Heath Robinson's illustrations to poems of Edgar Allan Poe.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

By the way, Benemal: If you are into 19th century symbolism, you might want to check out "Symbolist Art in Context" by Michelle Facos. Ii is indispensable.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Abhavani

Post by Abhavani »

Otava wrote:All connected to...

Your favourites? Suggestions?

I do like the works from Zbigniew M. Bielak & Manuel Tinnemans, but I'm in a dead-end.

Artist named Tern (or Yuri S, or...), who has made Ildjarn covers is great also.
Here I have to make a public nod to the musical vision of Ildjarn as well. It has the same solitary rough edge beauty as the visual artwork, and is a great tool for meditation. But it is not for anyone, and even for me it suits on rare occasions.