UNSEEN FIRE II: Flora, Fauna & Terra

Discussion on books, journals and articles by the Star of Azazel.
Heith

Post by Heith »

We will be releasing Unseen Fire II in the near future. Stay tuned for further information.

Wholesale inquiries are welcome. Please approach me at heith (a) azazel.fi
Heith

Re: UNSEEN FIRE II: Flora, Fauna & Terra

Post by Heith »

Writings by members of the Star of Azazel

The Star of Azazel will release Unseen Fire II on New Moon, February 26th, 2017. Unseen Fire II consists of writings by members of the fraternity. The writings within relate to plants, animals and the element earth.

Articles included:

Frater Jiva:
Askr and Embla as Öndvegissúlur: Forging the New Human

Frater Obnoxion:
Leviticus and Beyond: Philosophising by Sacrificing

Soror Heith:
On the Red Aspect & Gardening

Soror Vanadís:
Feminine Creation Myths in Finnish Mythology

Frater Obnoxion:
Hounds of Melancholy

Frater Kenazis:
Sacred Plants: Amanita Muscaria

Frater Sebomai:
The Prophet and the Ass: The Story of Balaam’s Talking Donkey and its Mystical Significance

Soror Heith:
The Magical Qualities, Religious Use and Role of the Alder Tree Among the Finno-Ugric Peoples

Frater Nefastos:
Our Relation to the Animal Kingdom and Vegetarianism

Limited edition of 250 copies. 157 pages, thick black covers with a silver foil sigil on the front. Fully illustrated.

Priced at 30 € + shipping, available via Viides Askel (http://www.viidesaskel.fi)

Illustrations from:
Anna Schmidt, Veera Pitkänen, Linnea Eriksson, Frater Benemal and Soror Vanadis. The illustrations have been specifically created for these texts by artists and members of the fraternity working alongside the authors for the best possible meeting of text and visual art.

Tulihenki

Post by Tulihenki »

This is great news!! For a some odd reason I have lately been thinking Balaam's talking donkey and it's meaning and now I can read Sebomai's article about it. :D
Heith

Post by Heith »

There appears to be a problem on the displaying of the images above for those not registered on the forums. I will try to fix this asap.

EDIT: Should be working now.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

This is a very beautiful book, both aesthetically, intellectually & spiritually. Warm thanks & regards for your work, Heith & Jiva!
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Heith

Post by Heith »

Nefastos wrote:This is a very beautiful book, both aesthetically, intellectually & spiritually. Warm thanks & regards for your work, Heith & Jiva!
Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. The task of steering Unseen Fire was challenging for me, as I am not skilled with graphic design so everything had to be learned from scratch. Gladly one is not alone in these things; I had a excellent editor (thank you Jiva!) and always felt like I can ask for advise from my brethren, when machines and computer programs don't work like I would wish for them to work!

A lot of invisible work and countless hours goes into this kind of thing, and then the trust of one's fellow brethren becomes the thing that keeps one afloat. That, and of course, one's ridiculously stubborn nature which does not give up easily.

I hope that everyone enjoys reading UF II, and feel free to comment and discuss, and to ask questions from the authors herein as well.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

Fra. obnoxion's article "Leviticus and Beyond" has left me very nearly speechless. So much beauty and truth. I am in humble awe of such a gifted writer and noble soul. I've long wondered what a proper interpretation of those bloody sacrifices might be. Now I know and I am almost in tears. Thank you.
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Sebomai wrote:Fra. obnoxion's article "Leviticus and Beyond" has left me very nearly speechless. So much beauty and truth. I am in humble awe of such a gifted writer and noble soul. I've long wondered what a proper interpretation of those bloody sacrifices might be.
Thank you for your appreciation, fra Sebomai. But I would not encourage anyone to think that I have offered in my article a proper interpretation. It is just an interpretation among others. The place of the proper interpretation of Leviticus must be reserved for the interpretations coming from inside the living faith of Judaism.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

obnoxion wrote:
Sebomai wrote:Fra. obnoxion's article "Leviticus and Beyond" has left me very nearly speechless. So much beauty and truth. I am in humble awe of such a gifted writer and noble soul. I've long wondered what a proper interpretation of those bloody sacrifices might be.
Thank you for your appreciation, fra Sebomai. But I would not encourage anyone to think that I have offered in my article a proper interpretation. It is just an interpretation among others. The place of the proper interpretation of Leviticus must be reserved for the interpretations coming from inside the living faith of Judaism.
That makes sense. Let me rephrase. I've long wondered what would be an interpretation I could personally make use of. And I think you've given me one. :)