Musicans / audial artists

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Circaeon

Musicans / audial artists

Post by Circaeon »

The audial element can – and should indeed – be considered one of the most potent mediums associated with spiritual and emotional mechanics. I believe that the creation of sincere musical compositions – the creative process included – to a certain extent could well be compared to para- or meta scientific work. I reckon few external tools are as effective as music or audial frequencies in relation to the channelization of metaphysical and psych-eccentric correspondences.

The semi-mundane motif behind the creation of this thread is to emphasize musicians and audial artists who are present in this forum. Feel free to present yourselves in the capacity of previously mentioned criteria. Feel free to include links to tracks or websites.

Your friend
G.A. Eriksson
RaktaZoci

Re: Musicans / audial artists

Post by RaktaZoci »

To my recollection there might have already been a topic such as this, but this may have been on the members section of the forum.

I'm affiliated, as a drummer, with the metal groups Obruthion, Death du Jour, Mental Transformation, Tyranex and Pyuria.
On other fields I've served in a band called Wiraincannos as a guitarist and singer.

At the moment I am working with a few other groups, but I'll leave the connections out for now. I'm am still an active musician, nonetheless. As a reference to your opening paragraph I'd suggest you to take a look at my signature here on the forum.. ;)
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Circaeon

Post by Circaeon »

[quote="RaktaZoci"]To my recollection there might have already been a topic such as this, but this may have been on the members section of the forum.

I'm affiliated, as a drummer, with the metal groups Obruthion, Death du Jour, Mental Transformation, Tyranex and Pyuria.
On other fields I've served in a band called Wiraincannos as a guitarist and singer.

At the moment I am working with a few other groups, but I'll leave the connections out for now. I'm am still an active musician, nonetheless. As a reference to your opening paragraph I'd suggest you to take a look at my signature here on the forum.. ;)[/quote]

Excellent Schopenhauer quote, which I had indeed failed to notice. You seem to be a quite productive musician, to say the least. =)
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

I agree of the major potential within sound and as I've been trying to master the synthesizer world it has showed me how soundwaves work and multiple ways to alter them to reach differend spot of mind and body and some ways to enfold occult ideas and geometry into sound itself. Sound can kind of skip the mediatory world of senses and directly affect the vibrating atoms (of the body) and when senses come to play, sound reaches the other side of the atom - the dark side of the moon lit with astral fires. So yes, music is powerful and a quote comes to mind which went somewhere along the lines "You'll find the most ignorant people where the music plays constantly without interruption". Sounds a bit like my own apartment, maybe I should stop interrupting my true will with constant sound shocks. :shock:
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Silvaeon

Post by Silvaeon »

Smaragd wrote:"You'll find the most ignorant people where the music plays constantly without interruption". Sounds a bit like my own apartment, maybe I should stop interrupting my true will with constant sound shocks. :shock:
This sounds a lot like my place too, haha.

I'm pretty new to posting around here, but I guess I won't be so shy in sharing.
I'm a self taught guitar player with no real interest in musical theory, and I decided to learn later in life than most. That means my playing is quite amateur and I would never consider myself a musician. Rather than focusing on theory and technique I just play intuitively and sometimes am able to lock into sounds that just "feel right." I pretty much just follow those feelings to create the aural expression.

Here's a link to my black metal project, Spectral Procession - https://spectralxprocession.bandcamp.com/releases
It's largely inspired by my time hiking in the mountains, and so it's very nature themed as well as fantasy, containing some references to my favorite books: Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen. Guitars, voice and words are mine. The lyrics are as clumsy as my playing since I've never written poetry until later in life as well. I guess I'm most proud of tracks 2, 3 and 5. If by some miracle anyone is interested, I still have some tapes for sale. I'm hoping to record some new stuff this year, it's much better.
Mimesis

Post by Mimesis »

ShieldAnvil wrote:
Rather than focusing on theory and technique I just play intuitively and sometimes am able to lock into sounds that just "feel right." I pretty much just follow those feelings to create the aural expression.
This is exactly what music should be, so this is nice to hear. Music theory and technique serves a purpose only so that we are not limited by what we feel we must say and express through our art. If it is pursued for its own sake, then we will never be able to touch the essence of what music - or whatever art - has the potential of becoming.
ShieldAnvil wrote:
Here's a link to my black metal project, Spectral Procession - https://spectralxprocession.bandcamp.com/releases
Thank you for sharing this. I am not currently in a position to listen to it with the ability to digest it properly, but have just bought it digitally, so will endeavour to do so when the right time presents itself.
"We are such stuff. As dreams are made on, and our little life. Is rounded with a sleep."
Silvaeon

Post by Silvaeon »

Omoksha wrote: Thank you for sharing this. I am not currently in a position to listen to it with the ability to digest it properly, but have just bought it digitally, so will endeavour to do so when the right time presents itself.
Thanks for your generosity! I hope you enjoy it.
Mimesis

Post by Mimesis »

ShieldAnvil wrote:
Thanks for your generosity! I hope you enjoy it.
I have done, thank you; it has heart and a voice from which to open it.
"We are such stuff. As dreams are made on, and our little life. Is rounded with a sleep."
Ormr

Post by Ormr »

Silvaeon wrote: I'm a self taught guitar player with no real interest in musical theory, and I decided to learn later in life than most. That means my playing is quite amateur and I would never consider myself a musician. Rather than focusing on theory and technique I just play intuitively and sometimes am able to lock into sounds that just "feel right." I pretty much just follow those feelings to create the aural expression.
As someone who is also self taught in multiple instruments, my approach has always been that music theory is just a way of putting a name to concepts we approach through instincts. In my experience, it serves more as a form of communication and outlining what has already been done or what one wants to do, as opposed to being the method itself. (If that makes sense?) Many musicians are stellar and can play by ear, mimicking anything they hear, and know how to achieve exactly what they want without knowing the name of the chord, scale, mode etc. used.

You may seen an order for one of your cassettes to someone in the States, by the way. That would be me! I like your work, very soothing in a way. For some reason I find the cassette format exciting, although I am not sure I even have a cassette player anymore.. as a backup, I will be purchasing the album digitally as well :)
-- O
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Silvaeon wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:41 pm
It's largely inspired by my time hiking in the mountains, and so it's very nature themed as well as fantasy, containing some references to my favorite books: Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen. Guitars, voice and words are mine. The lyrics are as clumsy as my playing since I've never written poetry until later in life as well. I guess I'm most proud of tracks 2, 3 and 5. If by some miracle anyone is interested, I still have some tapes for sale. I'm hoping to record some new stuff this year, it's much better.
Just picked up the cassette on Bandcamp! Stoked to listen to the whole thing on cassette! Sounds rad. I'm from Canada as well so the inspiration from the mountains resonates with me very strongly. Thanks for the music!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran