Harry Potter / J.K.Rowling

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
Heith

Re: Harry Potter / J.K.Rowling

Post by Heith »

I know Nefastos' potter more result but such highly classified information he can reveal himself if he wishes to do so :ugeek:
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Of course one cannot be a rogue wizard forever, so I was sorted out as a Ravenclaw, wand 12" elderwood with unicorn hair core, hard flexibility.

About my patronus, a wolf, I am a bit disappointed, although that might explain why I am going through so difficult times now. I have always considered wolves to join the worse features of both Right Hand Path (herd, or in this case, pack mentality) and the Left Hand Path (unthinking predatory cruelty). But it seems that I might have to rethink this a bit; spurning something that is supposed to manifest one's innermost hope & joy is indeed a major problem.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Heith

Post by Heith »

Nefastos wrote:About my patronus, a wolf, I am a bit disappointed, although that might explain why I am going through so difficult times now. I have always considered wolves to join the worse features of both Right Hand Path (herd, or in this case, pack mentality) and the Left Hand Path (unthinking predatory cruelty). But it seems that I might have to rethink this a bit; spurning something that is supposed to manifest one's innermost hope & joy is indeed a major problem.
I personally would be delighted to have a wolf as patronus, since I find them to represent very positive things. Loyalty, cleverness, strength, team work to achieve a common goal (which is what we in the fraternity do as well) and wolves are actually gentle creatures and absolutely necessary for the bigger picture. This is a pretty interesting video on the subject of a wolf's necessity to everything:

How Wolves Change Rivers.

As wolf is so misunderstood -both by the general, predator-fearing community and also the "black metal evil" crowd- I think it actually is a quite Satanic animal.

My own patronus on potter more is a very Satanic animal as well: the Saturnine hermit diglett -a mole!

My wand is Alder,

Pottermore wrote:Alder is an unyielding wood, yet I have discovered that its ideal owner is not stubborn or obstinate, but often helpful, considerate and most likeable. Whereas most wand woods seek similarity in the characters of those they will best serve, alder is unusual in that it seems to desire a nature that is, if not precisely opposite to its own, then certainly of a markedly different type. When an alder wand is happily placed, it becomes a magnificent, loyal helpmate. Of all wand types, alder is best suited to non-verbal spell work, whence comes its reputation for being suitable only for the most advanced witches and wizards.

13", quite bendy flexibility, with a dragon heartstring core. This is funny as I've been doing extensive research on the Alder tree (as will be seen in the next Unseen Fire) for some two years. Dragon heartstring is also suitable to my somewhat fiery temperament!

Pottermore wrote:As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner. The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Philosophers Stone was the first book of such magnitude I ever read preceding my long planned closer inspection of the beautiful Lord of the Rings volume which had been sitting on our bookshelf capturing my attetion every now and then. As a kid of about 10 years of age, inspired by the series, I remember thinking about magic and how I'd pursue a path of such knowledge if it only were reality. Unfortunately our living conditions and my down to earth nature didn't support such romantic fantasies to be inspected any closer until about decade later.

Approximately year ago I dicussed the house thing with a friend and came to conclusion I'd be a Hufflepuff. While I appreciate Ravenclaw alot I don't think intelligence to be my predominant virtue. Though now as I placed the Pottermore hat on, it looked towards my ideals and I became a member of house Ravenclaw. My wand of "Rowan wood with a Unicorn hair core 13 ¾" and Unbending flexibility" seems to point towards my northern heritage of uptight character, of which I'll be relieved by my patronus osprey.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Smaragd wrote:Though now as I placed the Pottermore hat on, it looked towards my ideals and I became a member of house Ravenclaw. My wand of "Rowan wood with a Unicorn hair core 13 ¾" and Unbending flexibility"

It seems that we are predestined to become friends, since not only we share the house, but:

Pottermore wrote:An additional fact that I have unearthed during my long years of study is that the owners of elder wands almost always feel a powerful affinity with those chosen by rowan.

Then to some off-topic about the line between fantasy & reality. This can be moved later is so wanted.

Smaragd wrote:inspired by the series, I remember thinking about magic and how I'd pursue a path of such knowledge if it only were reality. Unfortunately our living conditions and my down to earth nature didn't support such romantic fantasies to be inspected any closer until about decade later.

This happens every now and then in our contemporary world, if one is actually sensitive person. (Or insane, but that is another thing.) I also remember vividly that very strange feeling I had in many cases during my whole childhood & puberty, before I actually studied the occult enough to understand what this is about. Before that process I also felt that in many situations that strange feeling, that goes like this: "I have this profound, unquestionable feeling – one might say, inner knowledge – that this is a real thing. But it is presented to us as a fiction; something that is made up & only imaginary. What is this? I cannot but to search for an answer." I don't mean only magic in the widest sense, but some fantastical events as well.

That problem has made many occultists to jump to some quite naïve conclusions. For example, I have been taught by an older clairvoyant theosophist, that in the astral planes things from certain fantasy fiction books are realities. And he meant, realities similar to our own, only placed elsewhere. That certainly is not the case, although of course one can meet any kind of characters in the proteic astral world. That, however, does not make them reality, no more than seeing things in dreams make them so. Such meetings tell more of ourselves than of the world outside.

Reality is, as usual, deeper than our first guessings. Those things are real as impressions of the true events that actually do happen in the so called higher, or deeper, worlds; and because they also involve certain powers or souls who also have a physical appearance as their secondary nature (e.g. adepts who have transcended their identification to the physical, but still retain physical bodies, or a projectable memory of such, so to say) there can even be semblance between those "impressions" and the things in this outer reality of ours. In such cases we can have a direct contact with certain inner events, unto which some art or fiction gives us a valid image later; both we and the artist have been "there", or have been able to perceive those events. This is something a bit different than our own inner psyche, although those two (the higher worlds & our own inner psychology) are inseparably interwoven.

Even though this is a topic where it is more likely to lose one's sanity than to keep in the real inspiration that is always primarily formless, in the discussions concerning fictional work this is something I think occultists should treasure as a secret thing, the case of wonder & long study. For the others, I mean those not sharing the multilayered cosmology of the Platonic cave, it is certainly impossible, and only madness can follow from such musings.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

I am in the Gryfindor House and my patronus is pine marten, which seems to be a small but ferocious weezel.

Edit: 5 minutes after posting this, I actually saw a white weezel in my backyard.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Heith wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:36 am Our first Hufflepuff gets a hug from me :D
I'll take that hug! I seriously thought I would be Gryffindor or perhaps even Slytherin, but the internet thinks I'm Hufflepuff 8-)

I love the Harry Potter series. I don't really feel I relate to any of the characters, but it's a series that starts out as a light, easy read and progresses into a darker, but still easy read, and I could probably read them a gazillion times over and never get bored. I don't read much fiction these days, but every now and then I sneak in a HP book or movie.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Also, my patronus would totally be a capybara. I think I've truly been a Hufflepuff all along.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Heith

Post by Heith »

Polyhymnia wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:48 am
Heith wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:36 am Our first Hufflepuff gets a hug from me :D
I'll take that hug! I seriously thought I would be Gryffindor or perhaps even Slytherin, but the internet thinks I'm Hufflepuff 8-)
I thought I'd never see the day. One hug coming up! Not sure if to congratulate you or to pass on my condolences. I've mixed feelings about Hufflepuff house. But I suppose Satanists should side with the underdog. Or underbadger, in this case.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Heith wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:02 am I thought I'd never see the day. One hug coming up! Not sure if to congratulate you or to pass on my condolences. I've mixed feelings about Hufflepuff house. But I suppose Satanists should side with the underdog. Or underbadger, in this case.
:lol: :lol:

Honestly it's objectively the lamest house. My ego definitely took a hit upon reading the results of my quiz.