Sports / physical exercise

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Kenazis

Re: Sports / physical exercise

Post by Kenazis »

Mars wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:40 am Even though in theory I think of my body as a prison, in practice I believe its a lot better to cooperate with it instead of disregarding it out of principle.
Seen body as a prison is at the same time pretty adequate and bad thing. Body is a prison that limits our actions, and we never (while living) get out of that prison. So, we are left with few options, and I think the only reasonable one is to make that prison as comfortable and non-limiting as possible.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Before my illness and medication with its downsides considering metabolism and energy circulation, I was at the peak of my physique. Nowadays I at least try to walk daily.
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

I've born with a cerebral palsy (CP) condition and I have not been able to move my left side limbs normally. I've grown under orthopedist eyes, thought the condition is regarded mild. I always regarded myself kind of an under achiever in the physical realm. Now I see my condition as an important metaphor to my holy imperfection. A friend once said that I'd be an untolerable person without my limp.

I used to perceive myself being totally separate from my body. Now I find that my energies get muddier if I don't move my body regurarly. Spiritual drama can be reanacted through bodily motion. Also, there is action potential encoded in my cells, and I need to express it somehow or it will make me sick. There is a lot of hereditary terror and violence I have to decode and release. That where conscious physical exercise has been helpful. Also, I've became to enjoy the sensation of being physically compromised due to my CP. Engaging to physical exercise is hurting my ego, which is kind of nice.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Ave wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:41 pm I've born with a cerebral palsy (CP) condition and I have not been able to move my left side limbs normally. I've grown under orthopedist eyes, thought the condition is regarded mild. I always regarded myself kind of an under achiever in the physical realm. Now I see my condition as an important metaphor to my holy imperfection. A friend once said that I'd be an untolerable person without my limp.

I used to perceive myself being totally separate from my body. Now I find that my energies get muddier if I don't move my body regurarly. Spiritual drama can be reanacted through bodily motion. Also, there is action potential encoded in my cells, and I need to express it somehow or it will make me sick. There is a lot of hereditary terror and violence I have to decode and release. That where conscious physical exercise has been helpful. Also, I've became to enjoy the sensation of being physically compromised due to my CP. Engaging to physical exercise is hurting my ego, which is kind of nice.
I find it such a beautiful quality that you are able to lean into your condition and find value spiritually. I, too, have a condition where my left side is physically affected, and most days these days I also have a limp. I've spent the last six years fluctuating between the various stages of grief, but haven't reached the point where I've been able to find gratitude within my often wounded ego. You have shown me a grace I one day hope to be able to embody.
Kenazis wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:49 am So, we are left with few options, and I think the only reasonable one is to make that prison as comfortable and non-limiting as possible.
It's for this exact reason I love to swim so much. My limbs feel so light and cooperative immersed in water. I miss it dreadfully in this pandemic.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Polyhymnia wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:25 am I find it such a beautiful quality that you are able to lean into your condition and find value spiritually. I, too, have a condition where my left side is physically affected, and most days these days I also have a limp. I've spent the last six years fluctuating between the various stages of grief, but haven't reached the point where I've been able to find gratitude within my often wounded ego. You have shown me a grace I one day hope to be able to embody.
I'm glad to hear that my experience offers an insight. My condition would surely have had a bigger strain on me if it had not been congenital. This has been the only normal that I've known, and this is the mildest form of CP there is. I went through physical rehabilitation which lasted until I turned 16 or so. I remember trying so hard to make a move but having a ridiculously small physical response. Because I've not trained for example my left foot toes, they are quite paralized nowadays, but the limp is quite invisible most of the time (I guess). You wrote about grief, I experience it also regarding my condition. It's a grief of mortal imperfection. My left side would like to curl up like a dead insect because of the inate rigidity. Rigidity reminds me of death. Streching will help, but I tend to skip it.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.