What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Benemal

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Benemal »

Whitehouse is one of the greatest ever, at turning human rot, into your aural displeasure. From Bird Seed, 2003.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tsz2TyERM
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Back in 2002, Justin Broadrick, of Godlfesh, had a breakdown and Hymns was the last record by that band. It's a pretty good one.

Then in the depths of Avitchi, he did Curse Of The Golden Vampire, in 2003. Don't listen to this if you're in a fragile state of mind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejKhK2ru--I

Soon after that, he realized it's either suicide, or a different direction, and he created the antidote to insanity, Jesu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnHTczRZbQw
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

One of my favorite techno tracks in recent years; LSD Process 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MODpTM-FKbw

Luke, Steve & David, have been at it since the 80's. They know the basics.
Nahumatarah

Post by Nahumatarah »

The late great Muslimgauze.

Muslimgauze was a solo project of Bryn Jones. He released over 90 original albums on 32 different record labels, creating nearly 2,000 original compositions. Since his death in 1999 at the age of 37, his music has still continued to be released. There are now in estimate at least 180 Muslimgauze releases.

Even if we steer clear from the politics of the artist Mr.Jones was in his way a very satanic character. An enigma and a true outsider. Jones was not a practicing Muslim and never travelled to the Middle-east. Dedicating his life solely to making music, he never held any conventional day job, contributing to his staggering amount of releases. I rarely use music as a backdrop for meditation, but when i do it's very often a Muslimgauze album.

A couple of picks:

Veiled Sisters (Soleilmoon records, 1993)

Album i have listened to almost religiously for over a decade. Takes me into a totally different world. Very vision inducing. Great combination of electronic and acoustic percussion, found sounds and ambience. Unlike a lot of his other works i think he recorded this one at home instead of a professional recording studio.

Favorite track(s):

"Submit to Sharia"
"Veiled Sisters"

Sandtrafikar (Staalplaat, 1997)

"No one, but God and I knows what is in my heart".

In my opinion this is often one of the overlooked Muslimgauze releases. Another mixture of mimimal synth's, percussions both electronic and acoustic, found sounds, spoken word and so on. Great atmosphere and lots of variation on the tracks (at least by Muslimgauze standards). Track #2 makes me dance like a sufi on amphetamines.

Favorite track(s):

"Sandtrafikar II"
"Re-Mix By The Rootsman"
"The time has come to turn your heart into a temple of fire."

- Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Rota Mundi Tarot: The Rosicrucian Arcanum
Nahumatarah

Post by Nahumatarah »

Beherit - Bardo Exist (KVLT, 2020)

"Katselen peilissä Kristus.
Vastassa Saatana, sinä
Katselet peilissä Saatanaa.
Vastassa Kristus, minä."

- Peilien Vanki

Latest Beherit album by the Finnish cult figure Marko "Nuclear Holocausto Vengeance" Laiho. In my opinion this is one of Beherit's most focused sounding albums. Stylistically falling into genres of dark ambient and soundtrack music.

Favorite track(s): Ghost Visitor,Peilien Vanki,Acid Death Vision

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

The Infinite Library Immersive Ambiance Experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62M5hrh-kbA
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Nahumatarah wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:56 pm Even if we steer clear from the politics of the artist Mr.Jones was in his way a very satanic character.
Wasn't he Sufi?

I was recently listening to a particularly organic record, that's a collab with The Rootsman, from 1997. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZNbgwnuHA

He's always been around, somewhere nearby, but never dug deep into Muslimgauze. Some artists have too many records.
Nahumatarah

Post by Nahumatarah »

Benemal wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:16 am Wasn't he Sufi?
No I don't think so. Or did you mean The Rootsman? I think he was a Muslim, yes.
Benemal wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:16 amSome artists have too many records.
Agreed. While i appreciate some of the post-humous releases of Muslimgauze i think the labels that keep releasing his abandoned projects should have stopped "beating the dead horse" quite some time ago as most of the stuff they have put out recently doesn't seem to add anything to his already wide discography.

Nahumatarah

Post by Nahumatarah »

ATTENTION PLEASE!

"とてもミステリアスナイト
ミステリアスナイト"

- Party Boy

This album by Boris, released by Sargent House in 2011 probably disappointed a lot of people. I am not one of them. I think it’s a fresh take on their already very eclectic style. Vocal delivery especially touches me deeply. Nice dynamic record with melancholic feel, yet many lighthearted and danceable moments. Makes me dream of urban settings with neon lights, and secret underground parties. Usual signature noisy and droney parts are almost totally absent on this record giving room for a more electro-pop, and alternative rock oriented compositions.

Favorite track(s): Les Paul Custom '86 , Party Boy , Tokyo Wonderland

New Album (Sargent House, 2011), is sort of a sister album to Attention Please. Yet another step away from Boris' usual sludgy guitar heavy style, and towards more dreamy, pop oriented delivery. Noise is more prominent on this record, and I think there's more variety to the tracks. Some tracks from Attention Please appear as slightly different versions on this album. (or maybe it's the other way around I'm not sure.)

Favorite track(s): Black Original , Pardon?