What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Benemal

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Benemal »

Asuradūta wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:39 pm I've been breaking some old preconceptions and attitudes and earnestly enjoyed German power metal and, of all bands, HIM.
That's a pretty serious crisis. Just remember, you are loved, and this is a safe place.
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Benemal wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:16 pm
Asuradūta wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:39 pm I've been breaking some old preconceptions and attitudes and earnestly enjoyed German power metal and, of all bands, HIM.
That's a pretty serious crisis. Just remember, you are loved, and this is a safe place.
Oh sweet Lucifer-Khristos, what a naughty comment to throw at a fellow Azazelian...although I can see the point. But if we inspect HIM's debut album in the dark light of SoA's philosophy, perhaps some redemption can be found thereon.
And what of German power metal? At least Blind Guardian has released a plethora of songs not unaligned with our completely superior occult stance. For instance this allegory of mortification. I could be wrong, but I am not. Such is my horrible dharma und karma. In any case just visualise bright white light, assume crash position & wait for the next manvantara 8-)
Ἐθεώρουν τὸν Σατανᾶν ὡς ἀστραπὴν.
"Animus risu novatur."
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Lievo wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:34 am I could be wrong, but I am not. Such is my horrible dharma und karma.
Sounds like an attitude.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Kenazis wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:17 pm
Lievo wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:34 am I could be wrong, but I am not. Such is my horrible dharma und karma.
Sounds like an attitude.
Quite so, brother mine ᚲᛁ. I do have a positive attitude, "posin kautta", except when I don't - which is often and something I probably need to work on a lot. Nevertheless, let me impart another example of an exoterically esoteric German power metal song. 💋
Hey, Sevenfoldness! Seven keys...intermittent bad English in that lyrics video, but we can easily decipher it nonetheless...for we hold those golden keys of lore. And yore. 8-)
"Animus risu novatur."
Asuradūta

Post by Asuradūta »

My feelings towards European power metal have been quite mixed, not really helped by the fact that my almost-hometown's "power metal-heroes" are one of the more toothless examples of the genre :) I have had this preconceived notion about the sound (which might or might not be somewhat accurate concerning some of the more popular bands), but earlier German power metal has dismantled that notion somewhat, being more of a nice amalgamation of heavy and speed metal.

Lately I've been mostly listening to doom metal and classic prog rock.
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Asuradūta wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:06 pm Lately I've been mostly listening to doom metal and classic prog rock.
Weird enough, but so have I. And neither of these genres are something I listen often.
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Doom metal is always a win/win situation.
Yet, allegories of perhaps not the shallowest of wisdoms might loom here.
"Animus risu novatur."
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Nebenkheperu wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:13 am Doom metal is always a win/win situation.
Yet, allegories of perhaps not the shallowest of wisdoms might loom here.
Doom metal was the only original metal genre that I didn't like at all for long time, but when I destroyed my ability to play guitar for couple of years I was forced to train up from single notes and chords. Then I understood the magic of slow minimal music and went straight first to Reverend Bizarre and then to Sunn O.
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Kenazis wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:57 am Doom metal was the only original metal genre that I didn't like at all for long time, but when I destroyed my ability to play guitar for couple of years I was forced to train up from single notes and chords. Then I understood the magic of slow minimal music and went straight first to Reverend Bizarre and then to Sunn O.
Inneresting! I dived into the genre in '94, because I liked the overall slow tempoes & gloominess, I suppose - in retrospect...at that time the single metal genre I personally disliked was BM (it has changed since). I too have lately sort of destroyed my fancy guitar-playing abilities through simple disuse, -interest and laziness...so today it seems well that I originally picked doom metal as my...ouvre. 8-)
Anyway, I think the classic bands of the genre are the likes of Black Sabbath, Candlemass, My Dying Bride, early Paradise Lost, Anathema and even Katatonia, Solitude Aeternus, Thergothon, Esoteric, Unholy, Warning, Solstice, Vainaja, Sorcerer and the like.
Ditties such as this.
"Animus risu novatur."
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Also, all of you evil Satanist pervert beatniks should repent to the tune of this.
Why be goats when you can be sheep? For it is written...thou shalt not...Elohim, not Nephilim...Eva over Lilith...cast not the first crucifix...in my image...I suffer not...verily did I not reject the Forsaken Stone, whereon someone built their outhouse...of God...in France...blood is let...unto the vessel...Grail mysteries...so not to be taken literally...in Jerusalem...decapitation...transmutation...ufoja Suomen taivaalla...all flesh is grass...tumuli shroomaroom...the lamb of God...the lamp burneth brightest in Darkness...not the absence of Light...Ummo...balance...unity in duality...ask not...always obey...seek within...triplity in duality...demand no more, lest you be stricken...from the Necronomicon...the whole of Tarot contained in one Rune...short walk on a long pier...terminal caress, which bespeaks the dreamer...1st failed Sanity Check at Jupiter...divine injustice...kättely eli kämmenhalaus...I told you I was ill. Tä?
"Animus risu novatur."