Vegetarianism

Putting together ones life with the modern world.

Do you keep a vegetarian diet?

Total votes: 0
Polyhymnia

Re: Vegetarianism

Post by Polyhymnia »

Very true. I feel about it the same way I feel about things like yoga, chakras, and sacred geometry, which I addressed in the thread about chakras: the mainstream has hijacked it and buried what was good under layers of bullshit.

I had a seven euro almond latte once, and nearly died because seven euros equals roughly a million Canadian dollars :lol:
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

I heard Disney's buying yoga soon. Then you gotta pay them, to practice it, or it'll be piracy. They can monitor your yoga consumption, through your electronic devises, using Skynet, which you have consented to. When you're busted, you'll be sent to an organ harvesting camp in China.

But no joke, my earlier post was a little bit of the "old guy complaining things used to be better". Somewhat topic related, the only organization I ever considered worthy of joining, was Greenpeace (did not join). I suppose that illuminates how I felt and how important going veggie was, when I was young.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:03 amI have sat on this the last several days and really let it sink in. I've been told for years by psych professionals and people close to me that I carry alot of guilt within me, and weirdly this conversation has helped offer some kind of absolution. [---] I have the tendency to be swallowed by despair, and the more I confront the things that cause me this grief, the more my heart opens in acceptance that everything moves in its order, despite my feelings about it. What else is there to do but our best?

I am very glad to hear that my "evil annihilationism" helped a little. I would really like to think that it has some possibilities for an actual balancing act, and that is much better way of my own despair to work rather than dragging other people with me to such an abyss. It is only true about very petty people that misery loves company: for an actual upright being, misery loves seeing itself lessened – in self or in others –, as long as it is true development and not only escapism & looking the other way.

Some people who have come to know me better have sometimes been taken back with horror, and used the word "cruel" about my convictions. Because I try to be kind and empathetic, people often confuse this with kind like a lukewarm all-forgiving attitude. When they see that I actually have quite personal code of honor (of love), outside of which I feel no sympathy whatsoever. When being in a situation where I consider that I have done the right thing, the best I can factually do, I have zero regards about the result. For example, if I have really put my effort in helping someone, and that person yet chooses not to make the best out of that help, but instead gives up the process, I feel very little pity. Similarly, I always try very hard to put my personal best in helping the world, but since I know that is not enough to mend the broken world, I do not whip myself for not doing even more. Rather, I feel contempt for those who do not even try.

In the Book of Paths the possible problem of "the Ice Queen" is spoken about in the process of White. I think my personaly "cruelty" is something similar but masculine: the cold severity of "the Ice King". I must leave it open to debate whether this is a good thing, but personally I think that it is: the much needed Saturnine rock bottom for empathy, without which one's Ego (and the mundane psychological strength) would simply dissolve into endless caring for others & the whole.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:34 pm
Some people who have come to know me better have sometimes been taken back with horror, and used the word "cruel" about my convictions. Because I try to be kind and empathetic, people often confuse this with kind like a lukewarm all-forgiving attitude. When they see that I actually have quite personal code of honor (of love), outside of which I feel no sympathy whatsoever.
Going a bit off-topic but this is part of the unfortunate and extremely common manifestation of worldviews basing on dualism. Just taking an emphasis on manas or kama manas is often seen almost evil, or atleast a negative standpoint. It tells about the great trauma our culture has suffered. The opposite of this fear of reason and individual will is the fear of love and the vulnerability it requires. I think it would be good to personally find some practical amending ways for buddhi to be more visibly present in those potentially negatively felt revealing reasonings, and to find ways to sneak the fire of buddhi to melt those atmospheres where the masks and barriers have been built to compensate the lack of love.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Nope, i do not believe your diet has anything to do with your spirituality. Only when food is a part of ritual or a sacrifice it has any meaning occult wise.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:14 am Nope, i do not believe your diet has anything to do with your spirituality. Only when food is a part of ritual or a sacrifice it has any meaning occult wise.
For me every piece of food is a sacrifice at the altar on which I have offered and devoted my life. Rituals would take away the meaning from day-to-day life if sacrifices would only matter in such ceremonial contexts. Instead the ceremony is for me to emphasise the meaning of things, for example sacrifices, done outside the ritual context. Thus for me ceremony is giving meaning to life instead of taking it away from it.

Edit: Clarified expressions.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:14 am Nope, i do not believe your diet has anything to do with your spirituality. Only when food is a part of ritual or a sacrifice it has any meaning occult wise.
I would say almost the opposite. Diet has very much to do with your spirituality. But if you see spirituality to be completely unrelated to ethics and health (in the widest possible meaning of both words), then the diet might be unrelevant. For me there exist no spirituality that has nothing to do with ethics and health.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Kenazis wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:53 pm
I would say almost the opposite. Diet has very much to do with your spirituality. But if you see spirituality to be completely unrelated to ethics and health (in the widest possible meaning of both words), then the diet might be unrelevant. For me there exist no spirituality that has nothing to do with ethics and health.
True for me, i see spirituality to be completely unrelated to ethics and health. This rotting meatbag has nothing to do with my spirituality. My Soul is the only thing that matters and that is unaffected by this body i have. Also, from my point of view the whole point of this life on Earth is to secure your place in the eternal afterlife. I am almost where i need to be, no reason to artificially prolong this insignificant part of my journey. I am expecting to live about 14 years more if i'm lucky, that's enough time for me to put everything in order.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Interesting perspective, Seferoth. I am also one who can't separate spirituality from ethics and health. I see my "meatbag" as the microcosm reflecting the macrocosm, so I try to be careful what I put in it. Of course, I am not without vices. But I definitely notice a heavy astral weight when I consume meat, and this has been a common theme since childhood, so I personally abstain because it feels too energetically heavy for me. I have a different view on the afterlife though, so perhaps that, too, plays a part in my different view.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Seferoth wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:01 pm Also, from my point of view the whole point of this life on Earth is to secure your place in the eternal afterlife.
You mean some sort of heaven? I'm glad I don't believe in it, because then I'd have to do evil things to avoid getting there. Though I'm sure you don't mean idealized heaven of the churches.

I quit eating meat over twenty years ago, for all the usual reasons at that time, like ecological, treatment of animals, and "leftist" views. Nothings changed, except now none of my views are connected to political ideology I identified with as a teenager. Only ethics remain.