Poetry

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
lux ferre

Re: Poetry

Post by lux ferre »

Star anthem of eternal space

when the gloomy space opens passes its dark path I see the stars in its splendor its autumn black coldness Can I predict behind the stars drowning in its eternal mystery the path to the heart of the cosmos now break those shackles and get rid of the stream of life oh holy space where you have lost your holy glow
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Always a treat to find new poems in here.

From my literary travels today, a line from Tennyson's Ulysses that reflects the way I often feel:

"And this grey spirit yearning in desire
To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
Beyond the utmost bound of human thought"
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Slightly changed version of poem/song called Luna's Future.

I see a cold winds blowing through
I see days neither fun nor free
I see a future caused by you
I see a path not meant to be
The future should be filled with magic
Dreams and wishes brought to life
But the days ahead are dark and tragic
No time for hope when all is strife
Whatever might have been
All the dreams that people share
Because of you, now the future is a cold nightmare.
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

WALKING THE FIREPATH

I fed the candle to see my being of infernal fire
I touched the sky above to move my eternal fire
at the gates of Old Nick it is sixsixsix

I burn the torch at both ends
To see whether the flames shall be eternal
My being yearns for blood of the ancients
I cannot satisfy my lust at any moment

To see is to see and to understand there is
There is a key, there is an answer to the age old riddle

To witness the holy resurrection
Is to see Gods walking in the midst of common men

Even if there's no point in humanity
We must still stand upright

WE WASH WITH FIRE

Libra & Gangleri
Cancer

Post by Cancer »

I've been meaning to comment on Soror O's poems for ages, but apparently can't formulate anything smart or analytic. Maybe it's enough to say that I love them, and have at times recited some of them to myself? Going through this thread again I also noticed that sor. Polyhymnia had posted a poem that I'd missed earlier, and I really liked that as well. The French part and the explanation in a following message made me think of the connections between spiritual practices and BDSM. Or how poetry in general is often a like flirting with spirits.
Tiden läker inga sår.
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Cancer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:08 am I've been meaning to comment on Soror O's poems for ages, but apparently can't formulate anything smart or analytic.
I know that feel, commenting poetry is sometimes as awkward and useless as giving thanks after sex. But still one is somehow obliged to share the notion that something has been shared.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Remember friend as you walk by
As you are now so once was I
As I am now you will surely be
Prepare thyself to follow me.

I have always loved that one. I heard that one as a teen and it has stuck with me through all these years.
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

You are ancient
in your vice
a dark syllable
stuck in my tongue
Dearest, the One
Why wouldn't I adore you,
a spiderweb, an itch
I'm not above you
nor below
But in between your warm, black thighs
Which one is you,
which one is me,
the disease and the cure
A dark syllable,
pure

(I made this poem to honor a sickness.)
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

It is a terribly challenging thing to find a good angle towards a disease, as the relationship to the bit of otherness it represents is so thoroughly hidden from view that it has to represent itself through such alarming ways.
Soror O wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:58 pm Which one is you,
which one is me,
the disease and the cure
A dark syllable,
pure
I like poetry that speaks from between the lines, evoking images that are not completely revealed by the words, but though the web of the whole vibrating in the mind. The image is like a trapped fly revealing itself to the spider, the weaver of the web. The quoted ending with its rhymes forming a solid, and some lines before it showed me an image of a black cube or another, more complex form of matter. It reminded me of the alchemical symbols and metaphors where coarser matter are refined towards gold. Sickness could be seen a coarse state where the relation to the otherness it represents starts to reveal itself to the carrier. As gold corresponds to the Sun, the black matter corresponds to the Black Sun, Sol Niger which represents the first stage of the magnum opus. These places could be seen as foundational to the understanding or recognizing of the Self through the Other the whole of which is generally represented by the Sun. "Which one is you, which one is me..." Between the friction of these two the vital power could be seen turning the blazing solar wheel.

While these sparking places of coarse vitality are full of terror, filled with the presence of the open black wound of the world, I recognize the sacredness and the profound nature of it can be carried forth to the more subtle stages of alchemy following our colours of Red and White.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Smaragd wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:59 am It is a terribly challenging thing to find a good angle towards a disease, as the relationship to the bit of otherness it represents is so thoroughly hidden from view that it has to represent itself through such alarming ways.
Thank you for your intuitive input, fra Smaragd. It is a joy.

It seems to me that we easily regard disease as an anomaly, something that shouldn't exist, even though it is the most natural thing. I think of old trees, full of parasites and fungus. I sometimes regard myself as such a tree. Like you pointed out, disease is a liminal thing. It calls us to revisit the dark and smudgy areas within, it calls us to re-examine the "already known", "conquered" and "mastered", already "healed". This road leads one into shifting perspectives: Are parasites really feeding off from me, or am I really feeding off from them - as I gain knowledge by them visiting me. Our immune system is the disease from the perspective of a parasite or a pathogen. Disease reminds me of the eventual degrading and decomposing of this physical body. It's a process well on its way. At the end of this process is purification. I become more, not less.