The Catechism of Lucifer

Discussion on books, journals and articles by the Star of Azazel.
Fomalhaut

The Catechism of Lucifer

Post by Fomalhaut »

The Catechism of Lucifer (by Johannes Nefastos) was written as a counter-gospel for the Evangelical Lutheran catechism, but in addition to this, it represents a Gnostic form of Satanism on its own. In this book is outlined the path out of worldliness, out of theology mortally wounded by its false theodicy, even out of humanity taken as something small-minded, powerless and petty.

Please check out the following link for more information:

http://www.ixaxaar.com/thecatechismoflucifer.html
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Necrosophiacos

Re: The Catechism of Lucifer

Post by Necrosophiacos »

I personally hold the Catechism of Lucifer, one of the masterwork of frater Nefastos and the Star of Azazel, inspired by Master Satan, as a talisman book or magickal item, which I have place close to my bed, on a small table which, I have settled as an altar, using its prayers to raise my spirit and grasp a glimpse into the essence of Satan.
The content of The Catechism, it commandments, its Credo, its pure Budhi Love carrying a quintessence that ignites the acosmic spark of Lucifer in the heart of man, should not only be grasped by a reading or exercise of the human intellect, but by the soul and spirit. Thus, After studying a versicle on the Catechism, I suggest a meditation and pondering be followed, so this wisdom be branded upon the soul as an act of spiritual scarification by the burning hot knife forged upon the fire of Azazel.
The body and consciousness of man its changeable and perishable, but the soul and the Black Flame will last, as the rock that stands firm against the fire,earth movements, windstorms, tides of water... like a strong monolith.
Teratokrios

Post by Teratokrios »

Balkan's arcane bindings, which as some of you might be familiar with, is a blog that reviews various esoteric and religious tomes. This afformentioned blogger has reviewed the Catechism of Lucifer and seems that he was positively suprised of it's contents.
"Et Ducam tertiam partem per Ignem et uram eas sicut uritur Argentum et probabo eos sicut probatur Aurum."
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Teratokrios wrote:Balkan's arcane bindings, which as some of you might be familiar with, is a blog that reviews various esoteric and religious tomes. This afformentioned blogger has reviewed the Catechism of Lucifer and seems that he was positively suprised of it's contents.

Thank you for pointing this out, it was very pleasant to read such an unbiased & positive review.

There were some minor misunderstandings or things I'd see as such in the blog text, so I'll give my expanations about those:

Concerning artwork.
There is no artwork of M. Rautiainen in the book. He was the translator.

Concerning Catholicism.
The Catechism of Lucifer doesn't follow (& invert) the Catholic, but Protestant catechism. (In the original Finnish version, even the passages & sentences often followed forms & ideas of the original Evangelical-Lutheran catechism, in a way answering not only to its themes but exact words.)

Concerning "Holy Darkness".
This is a concept used by Orthodox Christian mystics also, so it's not only Satanistic gusto as presumed. St. Gregory spoke of "bright darkness" of God, &c. The idea can be found in Philokalia, too.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
nevermore218

Post by nevermore218 »

This is probably going to make me sound like a huge cheapeskate, but are either the English version of Fosforos and the Catechism of Lucifer going to be published in a less expensive way?

Like how Scarlet Imprint press has paperback versions of all of their titles for example.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

nevermore218 wrote:This is probably going to make me sound like a huge cheapeskate...

Not at all. I personally think that money should never be the problem when seeking occultism-related information.

(Of course, sometimes one's reluctance to give away money would create such a problem, but that's a different thing.)

nevermore218 wrote:...but are either the English version of Fosforos and the Catechism of Lucifer going to be published in a less expensive way?

There has been no plans yet, but eventually, most likely yes. At least Fosforos, which is useful text for to understand - or challenge - some basic points in the Star of Azazel.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

Thank Satan, my copies of Catechism and Fosforos which are my payment for my part in a Tarot Deck are arriving in the next few weeks! so VERY excited!!!
"Eritis sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"- Mephistopheles
Heith

Post by Heith »

Seeker666 wrote:Thank Satan, my copies of Catechism and Fosforos which are my payment for my part in a Tarot Deck are arriving in the next few weeks! so VERY excited!!!
Which tarot deck is this? :)
Seeker666

Post by Seeker666 »

Heith wrote:
Seeker666 wrote:Thank Satan, my copies of Catechism and Fosforos which are my payment for my part in a Tarot Deck are arriving in the next few weeks! so VERY excited!!!
Which tarot deck is this? :)

The Witches' Lenormand- by Stygian D. I did the art for the cards and my friend did the manipulation in Photoshop.

we have not begun to sell them yet, but the two books were what I asked for as payment. because I had read some casual quotes by Nefastos and they moved me so much that I knew I HAD to get his books. my left hand was shaking when I was reading the description... I needed the books that much. and every divination I've made has told me that The Star of Azazel will lead me to new heights and guide me well on my path. :)
"Eritis sicut Deus, Scientes Bonum et Malum"- Mephistopheles
Heith

Post by Heith »

I did a quick google search, but there was not very many pictures to be seen yet. Drop a note when you post something online, I can take a peek then :)