Fosforos

Discussion on books, journals and articles by the Star of Azazel.
Fomalhaut

Fosforos

Post by Fomalhaut »

Fosforos: Study on the Being & Essence of Satan and on the Occult Philosophy in Six Parts (Written by Johannes Nefastos and Edited by Matthew Wightman). Fosforos will be published at the end of 2012. For more information please check the following link:

http://www.ixaxaar.com
"I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become."
— C.G. Jung
Setheh

Re: Fosforos

Post by Setheh »

Hello,

I obtained the copy of this Grimoire and I am truly grateful for the possibility of practising and reading the contect of it. I was early not able to buy it, but then came the opportunity for which I am happy that happened and than I could receive the copy of the Grimoire and start to work with it in order to gain the indepths concerning the working sof the SOA but not only because this grimoire is multi dimensional and can be worked with by anyone who wish to do so and is able to. Further insighs concerning this grimoire I will like to share in time after having more experience and ideas coming from this publication as it is a very inspiring Grimoire worth to closely focus on.

Greetings.
Mysterium Serpentiam
Heith

Post by Heith »

In case our readers are unaware, the Star of Azazel still has some copies of Fosforos left. These have been sold out from Ixaxaar a while ago, but you can order it from us for the same price.

Please place your order at mail (a) viidesaskel . fi (this is our book publishing cell)

and tell us your name, address and preferred payment method. We accept Paypal (5% fee) and credit card. International customers should be aware that we recommend all orders to be sent with a tracking number, as sometimes these get lost on the way, and we take no responsibility over lost shipments.

Fosforos costs 50 € + shipping.

We also have a few copies of Fosforos Astra Vespera (Evening Star) edition left. (priced at 150€ + shipping)
WolfDisciple

Post by WolfDisciple »

What are the symbols on the four corners of the cover meant to represent?

I've tried looking about but they don't seem to be taken directly from anything.

I apologise if this is actually something more obvious than I realise, or if this is something left to be discovered.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

WolfDisciple wrote:What are the symbols on the four corners of the cover meant to represent?

I've tried looking about but they don't seem to be taken directly from anything.

I apologise if this is actually something more obvious than I realise, or if this is something left to be discovered.

No need to apologise, that's a good question.

NW
The root of this one is the Peter's cross (the "inverted" one). In the middle there are another "hands", which point upwards & downwards like those of the letter aleph, representing the magician who unites the heaven & hell (like Peter, who also had the possession of those both keys). At the upmost is a very important symbol for the Star of Azazel's philosophy, namely the eye made out of vesica piscis or the intersecting curved lines.

SW
The horned symbol of Taurus is important one for Venus & the fertility both physical & spiritual. Here the sign has been drawn in a way that it too creates the above mentioned Azazelian vesica piscis symbol.

SE
This one is a monogrammatic version of the Hebrew name for Satan (STN) written in one version of the Hebrew alphabet used in magic, forming a crooked trident whose points are the letter Shin.

NE
Another two symbols for Satan are interwoven here, Saturn (kâma manas) below and Venus (manas) above.

As you see, there's a theme in all these symbols, the uniting of hands into a fruitful union under a Satanic aspect.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
WolfDisciple

Post by WolfDisciple »

Thank you so much for explaining this Nefastos!

That's actually sparked even more curiosity within me, mostly because of the link with Judeo-Christian symbolism which has popped up for me recently.

I'll give your explanations some contemplation and research and see where this leads me.

Again, thank you.
Sebomai

Post by Sebomai »

I tend to always be in the middle of reading some part of Fosforos. I'm almost currently reading Ervast's Key to the Kalevala. Methinks fra. Nefastos has received a bit of influence in, not just his content, but his writing style from our friend Pekka! Especially the little bits of humor injected into the writing and the moments of, "But this is not what we think about such matters, we believe that..." etc., etc. I love it, it's like reading Nefastos before there was a Nefastos! :)
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

It is not often I re-read books and when it comes to Fosforos, I think I’ve only re-read some parts of Pentagrammaton, Cista Mystica and Appendix’. This habit is partly due to the fact that I read books really slow, not being able to just run through them half-consciously, because it feels like cheating and not respecting and listening the author. I’m a bit slow like that, but it feels I’m digesting the things quite nicely in this way and the thoughts presented become actual tools. Anyway, I was removing bookmarks from my copy of Fosforos and I couldn’t resist starting Polyharmonia again after God knows how many years. Many of the thoughts and words given to the ideas I’ve recognized as familiar to the inner world have indeed been much in my use in the past years.

There’s the idea of spirit – matter, life – death, movement – inertia – the more leaning towards inertia a being is, the more the being is of matter. Taken to the extreme the being of matter becomes ofcourse the downward paths ultimate end result as described later in another part of Fosforos. This sort of ”untrue” being annihilating itself in to the sphere of time and matter doesn’t exist in a sense although it does in the emptiness of submateriality. This idea showed me the other pole and how it exists beyond time. The path of ascension seen from this point of view seems to be always carrying the boddhisattva ideal of returning to the world – leaning towards the world or becoming the principles it works through. This lead me to think of the so called Lunar Path. Blavatsky writes in the Secret Doctrine about it being the breaking of connection between the silent watcher and the shadow (man):
The Secret Doctrine wrote:This sentence: ‘The thread between the silent watcher and his shadow (man) becomes stronger’—with every re-incarnation—is another psychological mystery . . . the ‘Watcher’ and his ‘Shadows’ —the latter numbering as many as there are re-incarnations for the monad—are one. The Watcher, or the divine prototype, is at the upper rung of the ladder of being; the shadow, at the lower. Withal, the Monad of every living being, unlesshis moral turpitude breaks the connection and runs loose and ‘astray into the lunar path’ . . . is an individual Dhyan Chohan, distinct from others, a kind of spiritual individuality of its own, during one special Manvantara. Its Primary, the Spirit (Atman) isone, of course, with Paramatma (the one Universal Spirit), but the vehicle (Vahan) it is enshrined in, the Buddhi, is part and parcel of that Dhyan-Chohanic Essence; and it is in this that lies the mystery of that ubiquity . . . ‘My Father, that is in Heaven, and I—are one’.
Any thoughts?
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake