Lucifer Lodge's blog

Discussion on books, journals and articles by the Star of Azazel.
Aquila

Lucifer Lodge's blog

Post by Aquila »

Articles from the Lucifer Lodge's blog have been translated from Finnish to English and can be read at http://www.azazel.fi/lucifer/en.

Here's more information about the blog:

http://www.azazel.fi/lucifer/2012/07/welcome/

Welcome and feel free to comment and discuss!
Nefastos

Re: Lucifer Lodge's blog

Post by Nefastos »

Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Strix

Post by Strix »

Really interesting stuff! :D Really nice that it has been translated to english!
Heith

Post by Heith »

A spur-of-the-moment blog post from me.

On the Red Aspect & Gardening

It would be super nice to get more blogs from our international brethren, by the way. Doesn't need to be anything fancy mind you!
obnoxion

Post by obnoxion »

Heith wrote:A spur-of-the-moment blog post from me.

On the Red Aspect & Gardening

It would be super nice to get more blogs from our international brethren, by the way. Doesn't need to be anything fancy mind you!
A beautiful text! So lucid and fresh!

I can relate to this kind of inspiration. I did my first Finnish version of "The Example of the Witch of Endor" as a personal response to our first crises in the Red Aspect, and the Finnish Alexandra David-Neel translation + the Guruyoga article was a similar response to a crisis in the Black Aspect.

I think that when one manages to put these things into words, the energies of the aspects become more managable.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Heith

Post by Heith »

obnoxion wrote: A beautiful text! So lucid and fresh!

I can relate to this kind of inspiration. I did my first Finnish version of "The Example of the Witch of Endor" as a personal response to our first crises in the Red Aspect, and the Finnish Alexandra David-Neel translation + the Guruyoga article was a similar response to a crisis in the Black Aspect.

I think that when one manages to put these things into words, the energies of the aspects become more managable.
Thank you. I had been thinking for long that I would wish to write something concerning the Red Aspect, precisely because I felt that there was something I should say on the topic and the things that have bothered me on the approach towards this Aspect that occurred in the past & lingers still somewhat -here not belittling anyone's efforts. Perhaps writing is a good way to overcome a certain myth that tends to grow around the Esoteric aspects. My text is far from ready in a way, but I'll let it be as it is nevertheless. It's a beginning of a thought and one to which I wish to add, when (and if) further thoughts gather.

A thank you for your latest email by the way. One sentence therein helped me to construct my thought and the after a few days I wrote this blog text.
RaktaZoci

Post by RaktaZoci »

Great text indeed, sor Heith. :)

It crossed my mind that sor Nokkonen has been talking about a sort-of gardening for a long time, maybe she'd have a personal view on the subject?

From a personal stand point, I've always felt close to nature and when I still lived at home, ie. my mothers house, I used to look with awe a great oak tree which was growing outside my window. It was planted on the year of the Olympics in the 50s, 1952, 1954 or something similar. It always gave me great comfort. Also, there were, and still are of course, lots of wild life present on her yard, like hedgehogs, rabbits, pheasants (that hen-like bird common in Finland) and many small birds. I used to love to sit under a blooming apple tree and read.

Now, while living in an apartment house, I've enjoyed just simply being able to keep house plants alive. Recently I made an experiment by taking seeds from a regular apple and putting them, together with earth, to a pot on the balcony. It filled me with joy to see that now, about two weeks later, two of the seeds have sprouted! Just with water and sunlight.

Yes, a bit more mundane reply, but of course I get the symbolical meaning also.. ;)
die Eule der Minerva beginnt erst mit der einbrechenden Dämmerung ihren Flug.
-Hegel
Nokkonen

Post by Nokkonen »

Love your post Heith! Personally, I don't know of the issues within Red Aspect but I love the garden metaphor and your thinking of esoteric work as dance. As for gardening, as it happens, nettles, dandelion and chickweed are some of my favorite&most priced medicinal/culinary plants, and I learned to forage before I ever planted a garden so I have much appreciation for what wants to grow naturally. In my garden, the lawn is unkept and I always hold space for lambs quarters, plantain and coltsfoot, welcoming them to my Garden of Delicious Weeds. And maybe that's the way with my esoteric work too. I very much try to strike a balance between allowing the chaos of natural world and life, while steering myself to learn from it. It's like planting lettuce in a bed of chickweed and not ripping the chickweed off. Wild and tamed share the space. Yes, striking a balance is a dance of subtle steps and I often trip and fall, but hey, at least I always grow. Just like dandelions.
Jiva

Post by Jiva »

I was thinking about Heith’s blog article regarding gardening etc. and the tension of imposing oneself upon nature when I was reading something completely disconnected from Old Norse mythology that happened to mention that the English word “book” derives from the Germanic root "*bōk-" and is a cognate with "beech”. This made me think of rune workings, particularly because runes etched on beech trees are recorded as having been shaved and mixed into drinks in Sigrdrífumál, but also because this involved cutting off part of a tree or even destroying the whole tree itself. In other words, there is an exchange between damaging or killing a tree in order to affect something magically.

In a modern context this could of course be expanded to the industry of bookmaking, where entire forests are decimated for the sake of knowledge (even if much is re-planted). Therefore, is there also a responsibility to buy digital books whenever possible, to only purchase books if they will be immediately read, to plant trees as a compensation etc.?
'Oh Krishna, restless and overpowering, this mind is overwhelmingly strong; I think we might as easily gain control over the wind as over this.'
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

If you really care about that, the answer is simple: buy used books. Digital books aren't ecological and 99% of wood that's cut down for paper, is used for pointless garbage. Stuff you read, could be scraped off a carpenter's floor. There is such a thing, as excessive conscience.