Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Astraya

Re: Introductions

Post by Astraya »

Welcome Necros!
“There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion”
― Carl Gustav Jung
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Welcome to the forum fra Necros.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Perhaps I, too, should introduce myself, since I've been posting my inane thoughts here on the Finnish & English fora for a few weeks now. I apologise for my tardiness in formally introducing my perceived self before now! How intolerably Satanic of me.

Rather than writing an autobiography of even modest length I shall impart the following informational gems on my personal history/present:

-Am male & 49 years old, from the city of Oulu in Northern Finland, of reputable stock
-Literate in esoterica/divers religions/"the paranormal" since ca. age four
-Have systematically practiced occultism since 2002 EV, full time (i.e. I find myself often unemployed in the mundane sense)
-Versed, experienced & tarnished in many "currents" of magic, by design & accident, excluding Wicca and the New Age, of which I am a mere innocent and traumatised bystander
-Have academically studied & graduated from such pursuits as English, History, Archaeology, Philosophy, Politics and History of Ideas
-Keen to learn dead languages as a hobby (or so I claim to the profane), thus far including: Latin, Ancient Greek, Akkadian, Ancient Egyptian, Old Norse & Old English
-Counterbalancing the above unsuccessfully by dabbling in literature, alcohol & RPGs; being a (semi)professional musician and a celibate lover

Queries welcome, but in any case thank you for your time & see you in my Devachan.
Ἐθεώρουν τὸν Σατανᾶν ὡς ἀστραπὴν.
"Animus risu novatur."
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Welcome to the forum Lievo. It is nice to have more people here from extensive academical backgrounds!
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Smaragd wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:11 pm Welcome to the forum Lievo. It is nice to have more people here from extensive academical backgrounds!
Gratias tibi ago, frater.
Yet from what I have surmised by perusing this forum & articles on the SoA website, it seems to me that almost everybody hails from academia. Or has Arts/Humanities as a hobby. Which is...nice? There exist pros & cons to both approaches to state the obvious. Optimistically speaking these tend to balance out. Perhaps emblematic on another level of the "both hands" approach. "And there was much rejoicing." 🤔
Ἐθεώρουν τὸν Σατανᾶν ὡς ἀστραπὴν.
"Animus risu novatur."
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Lievo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:04 am Yet from what I have surmised by perusing this forum & articles on the SoA website, it seems to me that almost everybody hails from academia. Or has Arts/Humanities as a hobby.
The latter might be a majority where I also belong to, although I often think if I should try to apply and train my formal intellect to better serve the work and force myself to attain a vaster knowledge base. But alas it goes very much against the grain of my temperament who is a practical rural soul, loathing trivia (really the demonic sides of over emphasising certain formal areas of intellect and its hollow focus on culture/civilization where meaning and relevance is lost) and forcefeeding of it. Although during the past couple of years I've found new appreciation for having a vast knowledge base of literature and traditions nearly attainable through it. Perhaps in the past I was so focused on music and having a vast knowledge base on that side, that now such a virtue may find more room from the area of literature.
Amfortas

Post by Amfortas »

Hello all!

The impulse to register to this forum came to be me as I felt I may want to sell a book here. Then I changed my mind and currently I'm not selling any books. Changing mind... I guess that's life? :D

I'm interested in Anthroposophy, esoteric Christianity, Hermeticism, Jungian psychology, Kalevala and Yoga.

Much of my life is spent working with Shadow. Not much glory with that kind of work. And again .- that's life! We all have our own personal situation as a part of greater whole. I don't know much about that whole but I've found Steiner's ideas to be very helpful for myself to navigate this unknown terrain which is called Life. I also appreciate the more traditional perennialist perspective - the inherited wisdom of all Ages. IMO the best way to preserve the wisdom of the past is to renew it and not cling to old forms which merely suppress the creativity of the Spirit. Right now at this moment all of the potential of the world is available - past, now and future. Can we hear its whisper?
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Amfortas wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:31 pm We all have our own personal situation as a part of greater whole. I don't know much about that whole but I've found Steiner's ideas to be very helpful for myself to navigate this unknown terrain which is called Life.
These words offer an interesting perspective to myself, a student of metaphysics. Beginning to know so much about the whole tends to leak pessimism and hopelesness to my cup as the bigger picture against a human life, and suffering of so many, stretches wide to mad proportions. But rather than falling for blissful ignorance, I try to humble myself with small wisdom where small practical and good deeds temporarily patches up the great chasm, and thus I find that indeed I did not know that much of the whole in my anxiety.

"They had begun to forget: forget their own beginnings and leg­ends, forget what little they had known about the greatness of the world. It was not yet gone, but it was getting buried: the memory of the high and the perilous. But you cannot teach that sort of thing to a whole people quickly. There was not time. And anyway you must begin at some point, with some one person. I dare say he was 'cho­sen' and I was only chosen to choose him; but I picked out Bilbo."
- Gandalf the Grey

Fighting anxiety, and perhaps learning key operation methods of an adept, by focusing on the spots where potential lays, in this case: Bilbo, is fascinating. Shadow is the usual place of hidden potential, but finding it also from other people and entities of not so grim circumstances should be an important addition. But this is a discussion for another topic.

Welcome to the forum!
Polyhymnia

!

Post by Polyhymnia »

Welcome to the forum, Amfortas!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Vigintus

Post by Vigintus »

Greetings to all!

Since I am a member of the Salome lodge, it is natural that I also make the presentation in English.

I am frater Vigintus, joined Star of Azazel & Lodge Salome in July/2022. I was born 1984 at Eastern Finland and still live here. Interested in pretty much all religions, perhaps the most interesting religions for me currently are christianity (orthodox) and theistic satanism. I am also very much interested in occultism, esotericism and theosophy.

Born at Summer Solstice, so my sun sign is Gemini/Cancer, but I feel like I am more Cancer than Gemini. I've never been a religious person before, until recently. I have been familiar about SoA for many years and been lurking here in forum too, but the time didn't come until now. And I am very happy that the time came.