Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Medeia

Re: Introductions

Post by Medeia »

Astraya wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:37 pm Welcome Medeia and congrats about the name. Loving the Greek mythology :)
It has been bothering me since yesterday that I didn't response anything to you right away. Im not sure about forums etiquette on this but for me it's difficult to submit post including only one or two words even if it seems rude. Bit vain I suppose.
Thank you. Its a great name, almost so its a burden. Almost.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Medeia wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:14 pm Its a great name, almost so its a burden. Almost.
Medeia is one of my all-time favourite characters ever! Not just in Greek myth, but the entire literary universe. Welcome, frater Medeia! I'm a little late to the party, but welcome, nonetheless. I look forward to many discussions with you!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Medeia

Post by Medeia »

Soror Polyhymnia, I thank you.
nocturne ignis

Post by nocturne ignis »

Greatings SoA members my birth name is Luis Calzada am 51 years old chose the name of Nocturne Ignis a a new member of the
SoA and the Lodge of Salome and currently working the Gray Path ( Moon). Astrological sigh Aries my acedant planet is the Moon
Therefore the Gray aspect suits me as initial steps. My spiritual awakening happened studying Allan Kardec's's books. From there the night flame attracted me and as lead me to SoA. I like everything that will lead me further in my spiritual path and development.
Am originally born in San Juan PR, currently live in South Florida. It's a great pleasure to meet all of you all and hoping to be N integral part of this community as a Frater Nocturne Ignis it is important for me to make new bonds with the rest of my Fraters and Sisters
so am here for all of you.

Let the be Night
Nocturne Ignis.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Welcome to the forums, nocturne ignis!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Astraya

Post by Astraya »

Welcome, nocturne ignis :)
“There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion”
― Carl Gustav Jung
Nahumatarah

Post by Nahumatarah »

Maybe some update in here is in order:

So yes, hi. Last couple of years with this plague situation and everything seems to have turned my life upside down. Yet through this inversion came something positive. Some opportunities have passed to make room for new challenges. After years of lurking in the shadows of The Star of Azazel I decided that since I now have time to fully commit I will apply for membership, and so here I am. Dedicating my focus to the service of the international brotherhood as a member of the Lodge Salome, I will mainly be posting here on the English side of the forum. Please, do forgive my barbaric grammar, and the butchery of your beautiful English language. I have some attention deficit related problems coupled with slight dyslexia, but I'm trying my best.

I am from Northern Finland, born in the early 90's. Religion has been part of my life since childhood. My biological sex is male but regarding gender identity I identify as bi-gender (both male and female genders) so I intuitively felt the title sodalis more descriptive than frater. I take no offence from being addressed as brother, though. I defy my dyslexia by being a hobbyist writer and an aspiring bibliophile. I take pleasure In aesthetics, sensuality, record collecting and toying around with synthesizers and drum machines.

Satan to me was the missing key to sort of make my own "Christianity" and myself whole. I'm putting Christianity in quotations because I was never really a Christian in the ordinary sense, yet it was the basis which I was expanding from with other traditions, mainly Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism and so on, because I was finding Christianity lacking. Having intense spiritual experiences set me on the search for language that would describe what I was experiencing. This searching led me to consider orthodox forms of other religions and leave behind any trace of Christianity all together until it happened that I came to find them all too to be lacking, in some ways or another. Eventually reading Star of Azazel publications made me realize it was Satan that I had been intuitively searching for all long, and not only searching but actually facing already.

He was the one who pulled me towards the Left Hand Path when I was getting too far in the opposite direction. He is the one pushing me so I can one day be strong enough to truly stand in balance on my own. He is the one never giving easy answers, but always offering a challenge to learn how to do better. He is the one pointing me towards Christ and towards God. Maybe one day I won't need Him anymore, but until then He is the one I worship.

So, without any further ramblings. Happy to be here, and looking forward to our future discussions.

P.S. For the sake of continuity let me add that I changed my username recently:

katla ---> Nahumatarah
"The time has come to turn your heart into a temple of fire."

- Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī
Haeresis

Post by Haeresis »

Greetings to all of you. I've been a registered user for some years (before as Seeker) but realised just now I've not introduced myself here in the english part of the forum.
I'm born in the 80's, living in Finland and felt drawn to spirituality and mysticism since I was a kid. I guess in my youth I was always the weird kid in the "hood". :roll:
I try to keep my mind and body in shape by practising martial arts, gym and meditation etc.
Before I tend to practise more ceremonial magick, but lately I've used more prayers and comtemplation practised used by the Star of Azazel.
I just joined the Salome lodge and excited to participate more actively in different ways. For many years this forum has gave me much insights and been the only forum I've regularly been checking for new topics. Keep continuing being awesome!
The darker the night, the brighter the stars,
The deeper the grief, the closer is God!
Astraya

Post by Astraya »

Welcome, Haeresis and Nahumatarah:)
“There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion”
― Carl Gustav Jung
Necros

Post by Necros »

Greetings all, frater Necros here! I joined Star of Azazel last year in lodge Salome.
I've been familiar with SoA philosophy for about 10 years from the books, website and this forum.
During last few years I've grown more interested towards a spiritual practice and putting this as the basis in my life.
Eventually it was a very natural choice to join SoA, I'm very happy to be a part of this brotherhood.