Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Polyhymnia

Re: Introductions

Post by Polyhymnia »

Malja wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:52 pm I am Malja (chalice), a finnish woman born in late 80's.
If I have understood the aspects correctly, white is dominant in me.
My sun sign is aquarius and I used to be fond of buddhism.
I prefer being open, warm and welcoming, but I have learned how to be cold and hostile.
I'm social, but if I have to choose either drama or loneliness, I'll take the latter anytime.
I've been told that I'm ethereal and like a chameleon or a canvas.
I used to love reading (especially fantasy), writing (everything short) and doing improvisational theatre. I also used to be interested in folklore, myths and psychology. Perhaps those interest will recover someday.
I've been thinking about applying for a membership of SoA, but I still need to figure out, what best serves my growth and what do I have to offer to the brotherhood, if nothing.
Hello, Malja! Welcome :D Thank you for sharing these details about yourself. I think we have quite a few fantasy lovers in the forums. I think it's wise to take that time to figure out what best serves your growth. Whatever you choose, I'm happy to meet your acquaintance and I look forward to your contributions to the forum!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Polyhymnia wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:34 pm Hello, Malja! Welcome :D Thank you for sharing these details about yourself. I think we have quite a few fantasy lovers in the forums. I think it's wise to take that time to figure out what best serves your growth. Whatever you choose, I'm happy to meet your acquaintance and I look forward to your contributions to the forum!
Thank you for your kind words, Polyhymnia. :)
Mars

Post by Mars »

Male from Helsinki. Scorpio, born in the early 1980s. I’m not a member of the SoA but I’ve been aware of it since the early days and consider myself to be one of the “spiritual members” that someone wrote about somewhere in the forums. The base of my esotericism is a strong sense of Blavatskyan ethics. Apart from that I take influences from many directions. Like many others here, I too have a background in black metal (mainly listening), but during the last 10-15 years I’ve almost completely turned my back to it. One of the many strengths of the SoA in my opinion is that unlike many other esoteric societies it takes the issue of human suffering seriously.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Mars wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:11 am Male from Helsinki. Scorpio, born in the early 1980s. I’m not a member of the SoA but I’ve been aware of it since the early days and consider myself to be one of the “spiritual members” that someone wrote about somewhere in the forums. The base of my esotericism is a strong sense of Blavatskyan ethics. Apart from that I take influences from many directions. Like many others here, I too have a background in black metal (mainly listening), but during the last 10-15 years I’ve almost completely turned my back to it. One of the many strengths of the SoA in my opinion is that unlike many other esoteric societies it takes the issue of human suffering seriously.
It's a pleasure to learn so much more about you. Thank you for sharing! I enjoy reading your posts.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Mars

Post by Mars »

Polyhymnia wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:16 pmIt's a pleasure to learn so much more about you. Thank you for sharing! I enjoy reading your posts.
Thank you and likewise!
Nahumatarah

Post by Nahumatarah »

Its been almost year since registering and i now just realised i never introduced myself on the english side of the Forum. To sum it all up:

Im 28 years old male originally from northern Finland. I started my so called "spiritual journey" inspired by the teachings of The Buddha (as a disclaimer i dont consider myself Buddhist). I like studying philosophy & religion and especially comparative mythology/religion which led me to occultism. I became interested in theosophy years ago by reading The Secret Doctrine by H.P Blavatsky. After reading Adepti by Nefastos i became interested in the philosophy of SoA . Later "Kirjoituksia Magiasta" cemented the idea that you are on to something great here.

Im ashamed i havent had the time to write more on the forum owing partly to the fact that this has been hands down the busiest year of my life (i started a business, became a father & continued my vocational studies among other things.) and partly due to the discussion being on such a high level i feel i can hardly come up with something to add that doesnt seem like echoing whats already been said.
"The time has come to turn your heart into a temple of fire."

- Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Welcome, Katla! It's very easy to feel like that on the forums, but I look forward to your future contributions when you feel the time is right. I almost always feel the same way, but I've found that posting where I can helps me stay connected since this solitary occult work can often feel lonely. Congratulations on all those wonderful events of this year :)

katla wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:35 pm Its been almost year since registering and i now just realised i never introduced myself on the english side of the Forum. To sum it all up:

Im 28 years old male originally from northern Finland. I started my so called "spiritual journey" inspired by the teachings of The Buddha (as a disclaimer i dont consider myself Buddhist). I like studying philosophy & religion and especially comparative mythology/religion which led me to occultism. I became interested in theosophy years ago by reading The Secret Doctrine by H.P Blavatsky. After reading Adepti by Nefastos i became interested in the philosophy of SoA . Later "Kirjoituksia Magiasta" cemented the idea that you are on to something great here.

Im ashamed i havent had the time to write more on the forum owing partly to the fact that this has been hands down the busiest year of my life (i started a business, became a father & continued my vocational studies among other things.) and partly due to the discussion being on such a high level i feel i can hardly come up with something to add that doesnt seem like echoing whats already been said.
Nahumatarah

Post by Nahumatarah »

Polyhymnia wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:32 pm Welcome, Katla! It's very easy to feel like that on the forums, but I look forward to your future contributions when you feel the time is right. I almost always feel the same way, but I've found that posting where I can helps me stay connected since this solitary occult work can often feel lonely. Congratulations on all those wonderful events of this year :)
Thank you for your kind words, Polyhymnia :)
"The time has come to turn your heart into a temple of fire."

- Jalāl ad-Dīn Mohammad Rūmī
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

katla wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:35 pm and partly due to the discussion being on such a high level i feel i can hardly come up with something to add that doesnt seem like echoing whats already been said.
I can relate to this, but while you can learn the subject by reading or listening, you don´t learn to discuss if don´t take part in discussions. Or perhaps there are those who do, I´m not one of them unfortunately. :lol:
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Welcome Mars, Malja and Katla
Malja wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:55 pm
katla wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:35 pm and partly due to the discussion being on such a high level i feel i can hardly come up with something to add that doesnt seem like echoing whats already been said.
I can relate to this, but while you can learn the subject by reading or listening, you don´t learn to discuss if don´t take part in discussions. Or perhaps there are those who do, I´m not one of them unfortunately. :lol:
Yes, I agree.
I'm pretty sure that most people feel that way, at least in the beginning.
My strategy is simply to write what is going through my mind at this particular moment. Sometimes I realize afterwards that I'm wrong or I've expressed myself imprecisely and sometimes I like what I've written. However, I refuse to be ashamed of my missteps as they are a part of the occult work itself.
In any case, it is very instructive to write down your thoughts in a way that the rest of the world can understand them and it is even more instructive when someone comments on them. Of course this takes some courage but it's worth it.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)