Introductions

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
obnoxion

Re: Introductions

Post by obnoxion »

Boreas wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:01 pm I'm also a founding member of SoA and have been formerly known here as Nagahel/Lux.
When I first found the SoA webpage in 2007, it was like finding an oasis in a desert. And each of these amazing texts (with perhaps one or two exceptions) was writte either by Nefastos or Nagahel. Come to think of it now, it was actually you who encouraged me to join when I contacted the Brotherhood. So it has been most plesant having you active on the forum, with your strength and balance, it seems, restored.
One day of Brahma has 14 Indras; his life has 54 000 Indras. One day of Vishnu is the lifetime of Brahma. The lifetime of Vishnu is one day of Shiva.
Angolmois

Post by Angolmois »

Thank you for your very kind words brother Obnoxion!
Aperiemus

Post by Aperiemus »

Hello! I'm 30 years old frater from Helsinki, Finland. I was accepted as a member of SoA back in 2018, but tumultuous life pushed me aside in 2019. Nevertheless I feel now more confident in being more active on the forum!

One of my biggest spiritual challenges has been a tendency of taking apart various phenomena, after which I can't put them back together - something like too much solve and too little coagula, if that makes any sense. I might sometimes hesitate to speak my mind, for I can't be certain if I can be understood, or even worse, if even I can't understand what I'm saying :)

Cornelius Agrippa's Three Books, Arbatel and Tarot are things that I hold dear. Also I find various conjunctions of music and magic very inspiring. My views on satanism are based mostly on texts of Johannes Nefastos and Lucifer has grown important to me, especially through the medium of art.

In the worst dreams I have had, a sort of half-lucid state emerged and I became convinced that all the nightmarish inconsistencies of the dream were due to the fact of me losing my mind.

You can call me Aperiemus! Cheers!
Cerastes

Post by Cerastes »

Welcome to the forum, frater.
Aperiemus wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:55 am I might sometimes hesitate to speak my mind, for I can't be certain if I can be understood, or even worse, if even I can't understand what I'm saying
Actually, commenting on the forum is a pretty good exercise for this. It forces you to sum up your thoughts so that they fit into straight sentences and aim in a certain direction. Thoughts are much more diffuse than written words, so I always gain more conciousnes when I write them down. This is even more the case when I write in English because my vocabulary is of course more limited than in my native language and my way of writing is very simplicified.
Therefore you should totally write in the English forum too :mrgreen:
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Wow! Welcome, Umbra, and welcome back to Boreas and Aperiemus!

I burnt out and shut down for a period of a month and returned to see the forums just dancing with energy. It's so wonderful! I look forward to reading all of your contributions moving forward!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Mars

Post by Mars »

obnoxion wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:00 pm
Boreas wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:01 pm I'm also a founding member of SoA and have been formerly known here as Nagahel/Lux.
When I first found the SoA webpage in 2007, it was like finding an oasis in a desert. And each of these amazing texts (with perhaps one or two exceptions) was writte either by Nefastos or Nagahel.
I found the SoA website in the early days as well and I wholeheartedly agree on every word.
Cancer

Post by Cancer »

Mars wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 am
obnoxion wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:00 pmWhen I first found the SoA webpage in 2007, it was like finding an oasis in a desert. And each of these amazing texts (with perhaps one or two exceptions) was writte either by Nefastos or Nagahel.
I found the SoA website in the early days as well and I wholeheartedly agree on every word.
I also started following the forum back in 2010, when it was newly established. It's incredible really how constant a presence it has been in my life even though my spiritual identity has wavered between an explicitly occultist and a mostly-secular one - not to mention all the huge personal changes that have taken place during the decade that comprises my entire adult life. The longevity of my interest is testament to the original feeling of awe and "secrets revealed" that this site inspired in my eighteen-year-old self.

And now that I've ended up in this thread, I might as well write a very late introduction, which I notice I have never done on the English-language side. I'm a 27-year-old man from Helsinki and an ex-frater; my short membership (2015-2016) ended in a kind of rupture, when a person close to me died of suicide and caused me about a year of deep depression and "loss of faith" in everything. I'm currently undergoing psychotherapy to cope with the trauma and a bunch of other stuff. My interest number one is literature, most of all poetry; I'd call myself a poet if that wasn't so last century. I'm also very interested in languages and speak Swedish and German in addition to English and my mother tongue.

My spiritual path centers ideals represented by Venus and the element of water. I find feminine aspects of divinity the most easily approachable (although I think the idea of gendered archetypes is needlessly often mixed up with gender essentialism). Intellect holds an important role in my practice, or in the closest thing I have to one, since I mostly "do occultism" via art and am a very slow and deliberate writer.

Here's a link to my blog, which contains mostly poems (in Finnish) and is updated about once a month.
Tiden läker inga sår.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Cancer wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:20 pm
And now that I've ended up in this thread, I might as well write a very late introduction, which I notice I have never done on the English-language side. I'm a 27-year-old man from Helsinki and an ex-frater; my short membership (2015-2016) ended in a kind of rupture, when a person close to me died of suicide and caused me about a year of deep depression and "loss of faith" in everything. I'm currently undergoing psychotherapy to cope with the trauma and a bunch of other stuff. My interest number one is literature, most of all poetry; I'd call myself a poet if that wasn't so last century. I'm also very interested in languages and speak Swedish and German in addition to English and my mother tongue.

My spiritual path centers ideals represented by Venus and the element of water. I find feminine aspects of divinity the most easily approachable (although I think the idea of gendered archetypes is needlessly often mixed up with gender essentialism). Intellect holds an important role in my practice, or in the closest thing I have to one, since I mostly "do occultism" via art and am a very slow and deliberate writer.

I am very happy to to learn so many new things about you. I enjoy your forum contributions very much, and am glad you ended up back here. I wish you all the best and look forward to continuing discussions!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Cancer

Post by Cancer »

Polyhymnia wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:25 pmI am very happy to to learn so many new things about you. I enjoy your forum contributions very much, and am glad you ended up back here. I wish you all the best and look forward to continuing discussions!
Thank you, and likewise for your contributions!
Tiden läker inga sår.
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

I am Malja (chalice), a finnish woman born in late 80's.
If I have understood the aspects correctly, white is dominant in me.
My sun sign is aquarius and I used to be fond of buddhism.
I prefer being open, warm and welcoming, but I have learned how to be cold and hostile.
I'm social, but if I have to choose either drama or loneliness, I'll take the latter anytime.
I've been told that I'm ethereal and like a chameleon or a canvas.
I used to love reading (especially fantasy), writing (everything short) and doing improvisational theatre. I also used to be interested in folklore, myths and psychology. Perhaps those interest will recover someday.
I've been thinking about applying for a membership of SoA, but I still need to figure out, what best serves my growth and what do I have to offer to the brotherhood, if nothing.