Star of Azazel as a Religion

The Practice of The Star of Azazel
Necros

Re: Star of Azazel as a Religion

Post by Necros »

Smaragd wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:58 pm The area of the small opening of the curtains tends to remain quite wounded still. Wounded, or like the opening of the Black Lodge in Twin Peaks: marked by the thick engine oil associated with the sulphur of the bad spirits of old.
Oh yes, that liminal space here where the transformation and - as related to our topic - transmission is done. Where there lies grave danger, darkness, also lies the possibilities to transform and evolve. And it seems fitting the the "spirits of old" are the ones we meet in this space - karma. Our own shadow self, individual and collective, horrifying and abhorrent.

But, as I don't feel that well versed with Twin Peaks lore, this reference you brought urges me to revisit the series :)
Smaragd

Re: Star of Azazel as a Religion

Post by Smaragd »

Necros wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:07 pm Oh yes, that liminal space here where the transformation and - as related to our topic - transmission is done. Where there lies grave danger, darkness, also lies the possibilities to transform and evolve. And it seems fitting the the "spirits of old" are the ones we meet in this space - karma. Our own shadow self, individual and collective, horrifying and abhorrent.
I feel the need to seek clarity regarding how esotericism can touch this darkness, for it is too easy to mix the astral affects of danger with the esoteric core by the simple fact that there is a sense of power in the former. To start chewing this, I would first interpret the liminal space of both the entrance and the inner rooms of the black lodge of Twin Peaks as chthonic in nature. There are bad spirits at the entrance, as well as inside, which need to be dealt with. One may have one's spine straight while entering, meaning one has a philosophy and spiritual intention while going there. We go through the trials and we may more or less fail, or perhaps succeed do a degree. But we may also enter the chthonic world without proper intentions or remain from properly realizing we are there or when the trials hit us, and thus we deal with our unconsciousness with haphazard manner, meaning there is not much spiritual strive involved in the dangerous chtonic world. Here we have been looking at the chthonic area from the perspective of individuals.

Now, when looking at the chthonic liminal space and its dangers from the perspective of the occult fraternity - nirmanakaya body -, we can recognize how we are not allowed to intervene, and the individual is the only one who can deal with the harrowings of their journey in the underground, and consequently ascend from there when the philosophers stone has been created. When individuals ask our help we can try to answer from the distance and with generalizations, approximations and by opening certain concepts, but we can not give the final answers. Sometimes people in their desperation might try to exploit the presence of occult operators, fellow students and teachers by trying to make them answer the questions for them rather than doing the work by themselves. This can never work and it defines the line of how much distance the occult bodies and teachers must take from the chthonic dwellers and the dangers of the liminal space. All given teaching comes with the sacrifice of having to carry the consequent karma of the misinterpreted or straightout abused teachings, but this line of individual strive and possible help should be made clear to prevent totally unnecessary addition of karma made by getting too involved with the aspirants. Too involved means the individual hermetic seal is broken and something that doesn't belong there disrupts the process of V.I.T.R.I.O.L.

Finally coming back to religion and transmission specificly, we could think about the lower triad of the Hieroglyphic Key corresponding to exoteric instruments by which to operate the lower principles. Religion could be seen inhabiting mainly the area of sentimental forms of the soul and thus corresponding to kama rupa. Rationalized limbs of philosophy corresponding to kama manas and so on.* Thinking it like this, part of me feels that it is better to leave the exoteric religion's weight to be carried by the world religions. If they are mainly bodies of myths and graveyards for esoteric rituals, then why carry such dead weight? On the other hand there is some sense in gathering specific myths, allegories and teachings, as we have done, to saturate people with in order to prepare them for esotericism. I'm not saying my last word on this yet, but the way the atmosphere appears right now, it is more likely there is going to be a breathe in rather than even more outward formal structures. But we have many lodges, some of which might see otherwise.

* As a side note, we could see the aforementioned "yellow occultism" as polemic, artistic or provocative form somewhat a dirty area where the uniting principle of ascending occultism seems to shun away from; the spirit often flees away from such temples. But I believe there is a way to built those yellow "statues" with such magic that truly opens a gate between the white and red of the alchemical colour cycle.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake