What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Utthavat

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Utthavat »

Prepare your Anima (or Animus).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHcmnowjfrQ
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

Went to the gig of ...And Oceans yesterday & finally got in my hands their album I have sought for some time. What are these penetrating colors?
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Necros wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:46 pm japanoise stuff
Personal favourite from this area is Gerogerigegege's collage-like works where there can be samples of old music, band instrument noise and then some electric and vocal bursts. The bursting phallic creativity and dynamic play of noise is well captured on some of their records. For example Senzuri Power Up and All You Need is an Audio Shock, the latter being mostly electrical bursts and vocals which seem to express the absurdity of sexual frustration. I don't listen to noise much at all nowadays as it gives me tinnitus so easily and I don't see it worthy of such side effects.
Nefastos wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:16 pm What are these penetrating colors?
This song seems to be some sort of an epitome of the much dissed "Matrix era" black metal. A brave choice. Still I must appreciate the following tantric epiphany there:
"Can the relapse of spasms
Be the rhythm of this dance?"

As a child born between the 80s and the 90s I can find surprisingly lot of resonance to grief from the record Circuses and Bread by The Durutti Column. Especially with this version with the couple first and couple last tracks: selected picks 1 & 2. However lacking I find the lyrics, the tones and melodies speak to me of the times when the doors opened to an innocent place of childhood in this world.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Nefastos wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:16 pm Went to the gig of ...And Oceans yesterday & finally got in my hands their album I have sought for some time. What are these penetrating colors?
Ahh...so they are still active. I have the vague recollection of attending their gig here in Oulu in the late 90's. I might have been in a suitably "blessed" state of bodymind then. Anyway, the lyrics of this ditty don't seem awfully removed from the SoA approach unless I am much mistaken once again. 😇

I'll counter with this...perhaps not just dealing with the Anima in the Jungian sense, but deeper/higher concepts besides. Some of those could even begin with the letter "a", as well.

And...this Gorgoroth classic has been mentioned in the past, but I think it bears repeating. A rather nice little tune with not-quite-correct English, adding to its overall charm.
Ἐθεώρουν τὸν Σατανᾶν ὡς ἀστραπὴν.
"Animus risu novatur."
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

This...a bore or a wit - lyrically speaking. Salomean or not. 🤔
"Animus risu novatur."
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable request. Iä Baphomet...the Magic Mirror...the oracular ἀκέφαλος mystery which remaineth & giveth even after it hath been depleted. Fnord. 🌹
"Animus risu novatur."
Aperiemus

Post by Aperiemus »

Brasilian popular music about Hermes Trismegistos with warm vibes? Don't mind if I do :)
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

We need more of that laid-back happy-pappy occult music!
I rather enjoy Aghora's output. Technical esoteric Hindu/Vedic metal or something resembling that. Also sounds quite "positive" at least to me. Well, in terms of truthfulness it beats this.
"Animus risu novatur."
Nebenkheperu

Post by Nebenkheperu »

In this series of more or less occult/esoteric music and lyrics, this side-project of Tool.
"Animus risu novatur."
Asuradūta

Post by Asuradūta »

I've been breaking some old preconceptions and attitudes and earnestly enjoyed German power metal and, of all bands, HIM.