The Absence of God in Buddhism

Convictions, morals, other societies and religions.
AnssiV
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:03 am
Lodge membership: -

Re: The Absence of God in Buddhism

Post by AnssiV »

Why would it be wettenhovi-aspa stuff if there is clearly other connection as well besides the word itself? As you can see from the diagram Sat is both chit and ananda so you can call it father or mother as you please to me point is in the hierarchy and the ways every religion describes theyre view of “supreme”. I just follow the structures and numbers more than words that has lost and found meanings countless times in time cycle of thousands years.
Gu means darkness, ru means dispeller. One who dispels your darkness is a Guru.
Kenazis
Frater
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Satakunta - Limbo
Lodge membership: Graal, Pentagrammaton

Re: The Absence of God in Buddhism

Post by Kenazis »

AnssiV wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:30 pm Why would it be wettenhovi-aspa stuff if there is clearly other connection as well besides the word itself?
1) I'm just saying that if the words don't have real etymological connection, but they are linked just because they seem similar, it is "wettenhovi-aspa stuff". By etymology I mean the field of study named etymology (here's wiki quote "etymology is the study of the history of the form of words and, by extension, the origin and evolution of their semantic meaning across time.It is a subfield of historical linguistics, and draws upon comparative semantics, morphology, semiotics, and phonetics."). This just came to mind for the Sat = Satan part of your post.

2) but I don't mean what you wrote is "wettenhovi-aspa stuff" if there's other connections like you have been demonstrating.
AnssiV wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:30 pmAs you can see from the diagram Sat is both chit and ananda so you can call it father or mother as you please to me point is in the hierarchy and the ways every religion describes theyre view of “supreme”.

Discussion of what is the supreme and in top of the hierarchy is also debatable for there are satanist who doesn't see Satan as "supreme", and I think all the non-satanist doesn't see Satan as supreme. Each for their own for this.
AnssiV wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:30 pmI just follow the structures and numbers more than words that has lost and found meanings countless times in time cycle of thousands years.
I myself am maybe more interested about words than numbers. I don't see how structures and numbers would be much more reliable source than words for there is always authority who has interpreted those structures and numbers and presents them to others, and these others also must interpret.
AnssiV wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:30 pmwords that has lost and found meanings countless times in time cycle of thousands years.
I don't see the "history of words" like this.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
User avatar
Nefastos
Frater
Posts: 4521
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 10:05 am
Location: Helsinki
Lodge membership: Graal, Lucifer, Salome

Re: The Absence of God in Buddhism

Post by Nefastos »

"The Absence of God in Buddhism" is a good topic to discuss Sat (Oriental concept of absolute Reality) and Satan (Occidental concept of anti-God), for sure. Like brother Kenazis said, there is no etymological connection whatsoever, but that doesn't mean that an individual occultist couldn't or shouldn't use similarities in one's individual bridging of thoughts. I have actually done the same connection in several texts, and perhaps some of my readers have incidentally thought that this has somehow objective or scientific connection, while it hasn't: it's purely poetic skywalking, used for a certain kind of contemplation. It's a bit similar than saying: this coffee cup at my table is the well of the Great Mother. In sayings like this it isn't mean in the scientific sense, but in a heuristic, instrumental sense of helping the student to focus one's emotional energy in a certain way in a certain situation. This is an artistic, not an academical tool.

It is very important trait for an occultist to learn the difference between kâma (astralism), kâma manas (formal reason) and manas (formless creative intelligence). If this important difference isn't grasped, all study is based on sand of easy assumptions. The names of the Sanskrit principles hold a clue. Even though kâma feels in the beginning a lot like pure manas and is often confused with it, manas is actually reached by removing kâma from kâma manas and not adding it to it. Only when one's "merciless" intelligence is tortured to the point that it can no longer have foothold in any physical or emotional dimension, it learns to fly to(/in/as) the higher triad.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
AnssiV
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:03 am
Lodge membership: -

Re: The Absence of God in Buddhism

Post by AnssiV »

Thanks for the answers! I think i didnt find the accurate way to express what i meant im not so good at english sorry for that. What im trying to say is that i find it more efficient way to read old stories from different cultures as allegories and metaphoras and to me point of those kind of stories is to teach mathematics more than to read anything literally… Ive found that many of old stories in many cultures are ways to teach planetary cyclicity and that kind of stuff.. I dont know what wettenhovi-aspa stuff is i have not read them so i feel slightly offended when it pop ups everytime i say something :D I know the logic cant understand everything but to me the problem of the humanity is that we dont have accurate logic in anything we do since weve lost vital parts of our history as it is because of institutionalised religions and all this confusion around old stories. So to reach higher truths i think we should atleast understand the lower truths first. And that is what im trying to do through mathematics and history…
Gu means darkness, ru means dispeller. One who dispels your darkness is a Guru.
Kenazis
Frater
Posts: 1195
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Satakunta - Limbo
Lodge membership: Graal, Pentagrammaton

Re: The Absence of God in Buddhism

Post by Kenazis »

AnssiV wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:53 am Thanks for the answers! I think i didnt find the accurate way to express what i meant im not so good at english sorry for that.
I have (almost) completely self-learned the english language and also struggle sometimes to express myself accurately.
AnssiV wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:53 amWhat im trying to say is that i find it more efficient way to read old stories from different cultures as allegories and metaphoras and to me point of those kind of stories is to teach mathematics more than to read anything literally… Ive found that many of old stories in many cultures are ways to teach planetary cyclicity and that kind of stuff..
First part I agree (stories as allegories and metaphors), but I see that stories are most often about ethics, morals and spiritual experiences. Old stories sometimes are also Laws of nature and sky above us for sure, but to teach mathematics itself I don't agree. (these are just my opinions). Reason for this is sheer practicality. To teach mathematics (except some easiest daily counting) that almost no one needed - or have the time to dwell on - and veil it to stories...I just don't see the point. Maybe I completely miss your point. Much of the stories were about the nature and sky, but from the spiritual point of view I don't see much point for a "modern man" to study the planets, their cycles, space etc. from old stories since science of these areas has advanced beyond the wildest imagination of those storytellers of old.
AnssiV wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:53 amI dont know what wettenhovi-aspa stuff is i have not read them so i feel slightly offended when it pop ups everytime i say something :D
Hah, forget the dude. I was seeing some similarity - or that just was thing that came to my mind - and I thought you have some connection to W-A. I don't mention that demon anymore.
AnssiV wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:53 amI know the logic cant understand everything but to me the problem of the humanity is that we dont have accurate logic in anything we do since weve lost vital parts of our history as it is because of institutionalised religions and all this confusion around old stories. So to reach higher truths i think we should atleast understand the lower truths first. And that is what im trying to do through mathematics and history…
Sounds very good attitude and approach and I follow similar one, but might form it personally like this:

Problem of the humanity is that we don't follow accurate logic and understanding in almost anything we do since we've lost the vital touch to ourselves, others, our history and nature because of institutionalized religions, narrow ideologies and narrow concept of human (to give few major examples). So to reach higher truths i think we should at least understand these lower truths first.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
AnssiV
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:03 am
Lodge membership: -

Re: The Absence of God in Buddhism

Post by AnssiV »

I finally decided to google wettenhovi-aspa and it is indeed exactly kind of stuff i read about in me habirut… So it got me confused since that book me habirut is pretty well written and logical and i honestly thought that karelian history is like she says in the book. She actually uses same words in some cases as this other guy but yeah i wont take it too seriously since its have been the same for hundred year or more and i thought its new discoveries… I like to dive in anykind of theories and its always been easier to me to look for similarities through mathematics to keep it more like empiric science to avoid believing in anything. I dont want to believe in anything i want find out and i have this need to know about things rather than believing in things. History is such a mess that after reading about it for 10 or more years i just feel more confused since everything just seems to be theories rather than real knowledge. Thanks for answering!
Gu means darkness, ru means dispeller. One who dispels your darkness is a Guru.
AnssiV
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:03 am
Lodge membership: -

Re: The Absence of God in Buddhism

Post by AnssiV »

And mathematics and especially cyclicity i see as somekind of independent truth since it exist all around us even without us.
Gu means darkness, ru means dispeller. One who dispels your darkness is a Guru.
Post Reply