I see world as...

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Cerastes
Soror
Lodge membership: Phanes

Re: I see world as...

Post by Cerastes »

I've been doing a little bit of physics lately because, as an introvert, I always need some topic I can escape into when my fellow human beings get to be too much for me. In particle physics one inevitably comes to the realization that matter does not actually consist of matter, but of energy. But we do not really know what this energy is. I'd like to think that eyerything has a soul. Something that keeps matter from falling apart. Therfore everything shares one energetic core.
This thought is very helpful for me, because I still feel like an Alien most of the time.
...and even Aliens are made of matter.
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Smaragd
Frater
Lodge membership: Graal, Lucifer, Phanes

Post by Smaragd »

Cerastes wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:19 pm This thought is very helpful for me, because I still feel like an Alien most of the time.
I really like the idea. Reminds me how many philosophical schools see matter as our oldest manifested instrument wherefrom the evolution to more complex instruments begin. When it comes to the energy, keeping the matter from falling apart, soul is an excellent term. Another view point to the same thing could be gained in seeing abstract chaotic matter given intelligent structure by spirit, the latter of which defines how the material particles connect to each other i.e. gives it the molecular structure which defines it as a mineral or something else, and together with the abstract matter carries the life force of the First Cause (active Oneness) which keeps things together. A more complex way of understanding soul, which could be made use of in trying to apply that soul to things it is yet unable to connect to. I really like the idea of the intelligent agent of the spirit that must be used to pave the way to actual soulful connections. It seems accurate to me considering how things aren't automaticly connecting, we are not yet in the state of Oneness despite sharing the same essential root, we rather need to work and find the way to get there.
"Would to God that all the Lords people were Prophets"
- William Blake
Cerastes
Soror
Lodge membership: Phanes

Post by Cerastes »

Smaragd wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:27 pm
Cerastes wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:19 pm This thought is very helpful for me, because I still feel like an Alien most of the time.
really like the idea of the intelligent agent of the spirit that must be used to pave the way to actual soulful connections. It seems accurate to me considering how things aren't automaticly connecting, we are not yet in the state of Oneness despite sharing the same essential root, we rather need to work and find the way to get there.

I was reading your comment and listenting to the song Arials (System of a down) when I realised that the text of the song was actually a very good analogy to parts of your comment.

"Life is a waterfall,we're one in the river, one again after the fall." - We all start off the same and we all end up the same.

"Swimming through the void, we hear the words,we lose ourselves, but we find it all."

Nice synchronicity :)
“Granny Weatherwax was not lost. She wasn't the kind of person who ever became lost. It was just that, at the moment, while she knew exactly where SHE was, she didn't know the position of anywhere else.”
(Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)
Smaragd
Frater
Lodge membership: Graal, Lucifer, Phanes

Post by Smaragd »

Cerastes wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:11 pm Nice synchronicity :)
And from poetry and philosophy, back to physics.
"Would to God that all the Lords people were Prophets"
- William Blake