Ten Virtues

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.

What is the virtue you think you'd need to put more attention in?

Aspiration (spiritual Working)
6%
Loving-kindness
8%
Truthfulness
11%
Patience
14%
Creativity
11%
Self-discipline
11%
Courage
11%
Self-reflection
3%
Ability to know when there is need to invert a virtue
14%
Ability to know what virtue to emphasise in a situation
11%

Total votes: 36
Nefastos

Re: Ten Virtues

Post by Nefastos »

Asuradūta wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:51 pmFrater Nefastos' explanation about the reverse virtues is most useful, wish I had found this topic earlier. The reverse virtues have been the other great stumbling block in my rosary practice (alongside the final decade).

This is great to hear. That particular bead is usually also the most difficult in my own daily Rosary. It is very hard to find just the right (mental) spot where virtue's reversal is needed and beneficent step onwards, and not regressive. Because of the difficulty of this last pair of virtues, it is underlined in the third grade of Graal working, the one which is the most tantric and Satanic in nature.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Soror O

Re: Ten Virtues

Post by Soror O »

My answer is self-discipline. I have a history of being overly self-disciplined, which led me eventually to reject discipline altogether. Discipline to me is the capability to create order and to stick with that order when needed. I can manage being very orderly in academic and professional context but in my personal life I'm quite disorderly - ie. letting my emotions dictate too much of what I do or how I do it. I'm also arrogant and pretending to "already figured it out" so I don't need to do any work. So I am also lazy.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.