What are you reading at the moment?

Discussion on literature other than by the Star of Azazel.
Smaragd
Frater
Lodge membership: Graal, Phanes

Re: What are you reading at the moment?

Post by Smaragd »

Asuradūta wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:25 pm Also started The Lord of the Rings-trilogy as bedtime reading.
Haven't read through it since I was 11 years old or so. But I got to Silmarillion audio book version some months ago. Such a world to sink in to! Got to get the book itself because I can not keep up with all the names in audio format where its hard to skip back to check who we were talking about.
"Would to God that all the Lords people were Prophets"
- William Blake
Asuradūta
Frater
Lodge membership: Salome

Post by Asuradūta »

Smaragd wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:53 pm
Asuradūta wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:25 pm Also started The Lord of the Rings-trilogy as bedtime reading.
Haven't read through it since I was 11 years old or so. But I got to Silmarillion audio book version some months ago. Such a world to sink in to! Got to get the book itself because I can not keep up with all the names in audio format where its hard to skip back to check who we were talking about.
I had the Silmarillion in my teens, but it has since become misplaced. Didn't get very far into it back then and don't remember much past the description on the creation of the world, but I've come to appreciate the distant, mythological atmosphere that I've come across, for example, in youtube-videos concerning the lore laid out in the book. Would love to revisit it.
gunslinger
Lodge membership: -

Post by gunslinger »

It has been a while since I visited LOTR last time and now inspired by previous messages, I think I should revisit it again. Now I have continued my "eternal project" of reading Blavatsky's The Key to Theoshophy. The beginning of the book was interesting, but when it continues to the arguing and politics it is just too dull read to me. I can manage ten or twenty pages before I have to do something else. I try to finish it this summer, but let's see how it goes. I also have Fosforos waiting for on the line and it is much more interesting to me.