What are you listening to at the moment?

Visual arts, music, poetry and other forms of art.
Haeresis

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Haeresis »

The darker the night, the brighter the stars,
The deeper the grief, the closer is God!
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

The electrifying Valerie Dore - The Night 8-) . Our Queen of melancholic italo disco, a messenger of grief and commemoration, her voice and words a bell in the hand of a Mercurial pilgrim resiting between the worlds.

https://youtu.be/jzJ3jXeV2_I
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
SanatKumara

Post by SanatKumara »

Lots of Bythos, Behexen and Cosmic Church. Sometimes Ravi Shankars sacred chant of Shiva. From Bythos especially "when gold turns to led" and "hymn to Lucifer" they have great atmosphere and love the devotion that is present in every aspect of the songs. My black metal listening goes in phases, some months i dont listen at all and devote my listening to classical music etc, and sometimes a lot.

Would love to start a band, with those influences since i have this strong intuition to do so.
My heart is Your home! O Mother! Dance in the Charnel ground of my heart which You created and turn me into a warrior of Yours!
Astraya

Post by Astraya »

Psarantonis, absolutely amazing man!

https://youtu.be/BvWI6AWmOuY
“There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion”
― Carl Gustav Jung
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

I have never so far listened to David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World album, but after reading the following description I see that I have to acquire it as soon as possible:
Pat Gilbert wrote:The Man Who Sold The World was unquestionably Bowie's first classic album, a dark, tortured, psychologically complex work where science-fiction, theosophy, empathy with society's outsiders and a warm if dysfunctional human spirit prevailed. Bowie's interest in Buddhism and the occult permeated the disturbing visions of The Width Of A Circle, where the narrator seemingly has sex with Satan (or perhaps God, or himself)

Sounds quite exactly like I would describe our forum and Azazelian credo, too...

So far I have loved almost all the Bowie albums I have listened to. His incredible version of Wild Is The Wind is a great way to seek tears.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:21 pm
Pat Gilbert wrote:The Man Who Sold The World was unquestionably Bowie's first classic album, a dark, tortured, psychologically complex work where science-fiction, theosophy, empathy with society's outsiders and a warm if dysfunctional human spirit prevailed. Bowie's interest in Buddhism and the occult permeated the disturbing visions of The Width Of A Circle, where the narrator seemingly has sex with Satan (or perhaps God, or himself)

Sounds quite exactly like I would describe our forum and Azazelian credo, too...

So far I have loved almost all the Bowie albums I have listened to. His incredible version of Wild Is The Wind is a great way to seek tears.
With the hope of finding some less dark, dysfunctional and tortured aspects at least here on the forum, I would like to share Esperanza Spalding's version of Wild is the Wind. It is the version I've come to know the song from. While Nina Simone's version is thorougly saturated with damp melancholy and could be described as mature, and Bowie's version is ridden with a sort of cold echo of dysfunctional mind - the wind -, Spalding provides an interpretation like a fresh apple, full of vitality and the youthful, if naive, Luciferian mirth which nevertheless finds its roots from deep romanticism. You can almost hear the mandolins waken by a touch, to which the lyrics point to.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Next week's Secret Doctrine portion in the reading group (our SD weeks start on Sundays) has some Atlantean themes to go through. Studying and writing about it I stumbled upon this magnificent German dark wave act: Love is Colder than Death, and their song The City in the Sea.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Angelo Badalamenti in memoriam. https://youtube.com/watch?v=nCn3LYqCnrk
Kenazis

Post by Kenazis »

Smaragd wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:48 am Angelo Badalamenti in memoriam. https://youtube.com/watch?v=nCn3LYqCnrk
One of my favourite composers, at least in film world. I play often Twin Peaks pieces, and now it would be good to learn that great Mullholland Drive theme as my own gesture of honouring Badalamenti.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Mars

Post by Mars »

One of my Badalamenti favourites:

https://youtu.be/euq0sKwbDTg