The Presence of Those Who Have Passed

Astral and paranormal experiences, dreams and visions.
Smaragd

The Presence of Those Who Have Passed

Post by Smaragd »

If you observe the apparent void someone who has passed, someone who you have acknowledged to have left a positive spiritual impact to ones surroundings during ones lifetime, what do you feel and what do you see revealing behind the possible grief? Are you able to reach some possible laws of nature from these observations?
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Nefastos

Re: The Presence of Those Who Have Passed

Post by Nefastos »

To me it seems that the greatest factor (in both possibility and challenge) in such situations has to do with the telepathic link with the apparently absent soul. And thus, it almost fully depends on the actual ongoing communication between souls. I can't believe in absences or void, even when I'd like to.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

A good synchro if anything, for I just arrived from my uncle's funeral. Well, I didn't feel his presence in the ceremony and the memorial, but two weeks ago I spontaneously "conversed" with him one morning when alone, and there were his memorial candle and picture on the table. Some outsider might have said that my actions were almost psychotic, but for me it was simply a sort of a psychodrama and a beautiful way to say goodbye to him. I boiled us some coffee and "we talked" for a while in the place where we did the same when he was alive.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Gangleri wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:23 pm Well, I didn't feel his presence in the ceremony and the memorial
What I meant by 'presence' were the mental space where you feel something reminiscent of a void: the understanding of passing of someone can create this void-like area where the potential of a human being, ones alive, could have occurred. But the potential is no more there at least in the casual sense. Here we might be entering the area where the immortal body becomes a sensible term.
Nefastos wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:44 am I can't believe in absences or void, even when I'd like to.
The igniting thoughts I was amongst with at the time of starting this conversation came from a bit similar place. Inspecting the void-like place of old grief, I noticed there weren't grief or feeling of lost potential anymore. I sensed an emanating, a sort of conversing, presence behind this area of apparent emptiness of a grave.
Nefastos wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:44 am To me it seems that the greatest factor (in both possibility and challenge) in such situations has to do with the telepathic link with the apparently absent soul. And thus, it almost fully depends on the actual ongoing communication between souls.
How do these souls converse if the other doesn't have the usual kind of body? I assume the degree the deceased has been able in the Work of creating the immortal body has some sort of say in this: how "active" a presence is the one behind the "void" might change accordingly. The void - a black area - still seems something that should be there or else we are conversing with the shells like some of the mediums. The telepathic conversation I'm trying to speak about here is more like conversing with a whole forest which has its poetic language of all nature in its hands. There's no one appearing in the "spotlight of black" but something behind this specific void of a specific person is leaving bread crumbs on the forest path and sending birds to leave messages. Because the conversation is of this nature I'm not sure if I can ask the question that came to mind: which one of us is initiating the telepathic conversation? The initiation of these sorts of conversations happen perhaps in not so much time bound areas, although they eventually manifest in time. But this could be said of any conversation, yet I'm not sure if it's as valid for all happening, or do we make such distinctions only by our own ability to connect to each moment with the depth which reveals every moment a conversation and interaction with our masters.
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

This is a good, thought provoking question. I just learned that a dear friend of mine passed away last night or today, and earlier today I couldn't stop thinking about him out of nowhere. It really makes me question if this was a form of that telepathic soul communication.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

Polyhymnia wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:07 am This is a good, thought provoking question. I just learned that a dear friend of mine passed away last night or today, and earlier today I couldn't stop thinking about him out of nowhere. It really makes me question if this was a form of that telepathic soul communication.
I suppose it is, and I have had multiple similar experiences, also those where one kind of foresees upcoming tragedies. When the gates of such magnitude as death open for the souls close to ours, it seems like we might become somewhat aware of it even through distances. I'm thinking that perhaps by entering such a gate, the consciousness makes a shift of such magnitude* that the close ones, if they are open to be aware of such things, are "informed" through the buddhic bridges that are the shared connections within the two or more souls.

*The individual spirit's area of focus perhaps alters to a vaster area. For more casual deaths, this shock wave might reach notably the close ones, but what about the death of unknown people who still share very similar challenges as our own soul? We could extend this shared wound to be part of humanity at large and the whole existence; the shock of living in this world to be connected to the ever open gates of death and birth - the wound of the world experienced through the shared humanity, some part of which is always beholding these gates.
More over I'm particularly interested of not so casual deaths, but those of the great adepts. The idea that the lives and deaths of these beings alter the whole humanity gives me this idea that their "shock waves" alters the focus of their spirits from the depths of the unknown absolute towards incredibly vast area of the existing souls - the anima mundi at large - that it makes a shift in the whole of planetary struggle.
Nefastos

Post by Nefastos »

I agree with you Smaragd. Although I have thought the passing effects of an adept not so much as "shock waves," but as redistribution of his immortal principles. For every initiation brings forth and deepens the individual existence of the adept's human principles, and these will not die even though they once again become separated at the point of death. Where do these garments go, and in which way they continue their living? What is the exact connection of the now disincarnated soul to these treasures that can now be distributed to the world?

I think that the Buddhist idea of three kayas offers a good point for starting to study the peregrinations of these disintegrated (and yet integrated in themselves) principles. It is explained in the footnote 34 of The Seven Portals (footnote 133 in the editions of The Voice of Silence which put all the footnotes together). Thus these three – nirmânakâya, sambhogakâya, dharmakâya – offer different paths for not only the core-individuality of the adept, but also for their legacies, the principles that become garments to be passed.

Like I have written in The Beings of the Mask, all principles are "living" and conscious in their way. These garments have eyes all over, so to say. But as a mundane person's shed principles become ghosts of little real intelligence, adept's principle retains its good-will and spiritual potency. Such a principle can be inherited from one's master, and workers on universal dharmas become conglomerates of several lineages of different lower principles, when these are to be put together for some specific end.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Lately I've been fascinated about cases in which only one of the twins comes out alive, whether it be due to fetal absorbtion, another being stillborn or more extreme fetus in fetu phenomenon.
If the twin vanishes early on, it might go undetected altogether, so apparently these cases are way more common that one would think.

I once booked few sessions with an energyhealer, who said her first impression was that there was somehow two of me, two energybodies or something. Though the impression vanished quickly, she asked if I had a deceased twin, which is not the case as far as I know. At the time I thought that perhaps she sensed someone elses presence in my aura, most probably my boyfriend's at the time.

If the most apparent explanation (the healer was just wrong about the double thing), what could cause energybody to be doubled or split?

Now after reading about vanishing twins that go unnoticed I remember reading a fictional book about a boy who was haunted by his unborn twin. Though I believe there are very many more viable explanations, I can't help but to wonder if some psychological challenges like disproportionate quilt, self-sabotase, dissociation etc. could be caused by a quilt of having been the only twin to survive, even if no-one ever knew about the vanished one. Or could some adversaries in one's life even be due to the crudge of the twin that never got a chance to live?

Do you have stories from your own life about vanishing or deceaced twins?
Benemal

Post by Benemal »

Two 20th century geniuses, that I'm a fan of, Philip K. Dick and Richard D. James (aka Aphex Twin), were born with a twin sister who died either at birth, or as a baby. It's even in the most known name for one of the two. Both of them were, of are, deeply affected. PKD felt his whole life, that the dead sister is a part of him somehow. RDJ feels similar things, of which he's very rarely talked about.