Negative Aspects of Your Name

Symbols and allegories.
Nefastos

Re: Negative Aspects of Your Name

Post by Nefastos »

Aquila wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:56 pmIt seems that archetypes or symbols that are often looked as merely positive and inspiring, include some kind of hidden difficult aspects that are easily overlooked. I think it relates with the general problemacy of monotheism as well; one aspect or cultural interpretation of god is so overwhelmingly strong and strictly dogmatic that its actual darker aspects have to be placed upon one or more scapegoats.

It was almost comical how my daily Zohar readings started to give me repeating eagle symbolism when we discussed our above change of thoughts. And interestingly enough, those places were once again almost purely positive. Did you know that for Jews, it is Moses who is the Eagle, and this comes from his uof niting the Right and the Left Hand Paths (i.e. the Sephirothic paths of Mercy and Judgement)?

For me personally the New Testament is more interesting than the old one, and Aquila or Eagle is similarly the sign of John the Apostle, after whom I have been named. Similar to Moses, in John's symbolism there are always two sides coming together (starting from the fact that there are two Johns in the gospels, the Apostle and the Baptist, and then John and his brother, &c.). John the Apostle is known simultaneously as Boanerges or "son of thunder" because he was so strict in his judgments, and yet "the apostle of love." Johannite Christianity is basically its hidden, esoterical aspect, that brings together the mysteries of love and knowledge. From the Jewish viewpoint, Mercy and Judgment.
Faust: "Lo contempla. / Ei muove in tortuosa spire / e s'avvicina lento alla nostra volta. / Oh! se non erro, / orme di foco imprime al suol!"
Medeia

Post by Medeia »

It has many, the most important of them to me are poisons, in literal and buddhist sense. I have thing for dangerous substances and it serves me a reminder that I'm alive and relatively well against all odds and expectations (the literal part) and why I think that is & what do with that (the buddhist part).
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Nefastos wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:24 pm
Aquila wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:56 pmIt seems that archetypes or symbols that are often looked as merely positive and inspiring, include some kind of hidden difficult aspects that are easily overlooked. I think it relates with the general problemacy of monotheism as well; one aspect or cultural interpretation of god is so overwhelmingly strong and strictly dogmatic that its actual darker aspects have to be placed upon one or more scapegoats.

It was almost comical how my daily Zohar readings started to give me repeating eagle symbolism when we discussed our above change of thoughts. And interestingly enough, those places were once again almost purely positive. Did you know that for Jews, it is Moses who is the Eagle, and this comes from his uof niting the Right and the Left Hand Paths (i.e. the Sephirothic paths of Mercy and Judgement)?

For me personally the New Testament is more interesting than the old one, and Aquila or Eagle is similarly the sign of John the Apostle, after whom I have been named. Similar to Moses, in John's symbolism there are always two sides coming together (starting from the fact that there are two Johns in the gospels, the Apostle and the Baptist, and then John and his brother, &c.). John the Apostle is known simultaneously as Boanerges or "son of thunder" because he was so strict in his judgments, and yet "the apostle of love." Johannite Christianity is basically its hidden, esoterical aspect, that brings together the mysteries of love and knowledge. From the Jewish viewpoint, Mercy and Judgment.
This was highly inspiring information. My knowledge of the Bible in general is very limited even though I find the words of Jesus important and read the gospels occasionally. Yet it is affirmative to notice that I have long been struggling with somewhat relevant challenges. I think this is something I should study more.

Well, it's appropriate that your new book has just arrived to the nearest post office. Maybe that is a good start for new interest in Bible :D
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

My name puts alot of psychic pressure on me at times when I cannot "live up to it." When I am able to flourish creatively, it seems nearly perfect, but when that creativity is dampened in any way, the name becomes a constant reminder of that which I am currently not able to accomplish.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Haeresis

Post by Haeresis »

Before, I used the name Seeker. After joining the brotherhood,I felt instead of seeking,I am starting more affirming my spiritual ground and trying to life according the path I've choosen.The word Haeresis came almost by itself to my mind. The more I read about it, the more it felt right. Obviously the meaning being heresy/heretic:

"the Latin root haeresis, "school of thought or sect," was used by Christian writers to mean "unorthodox sect or belief." This comes from the Greek hairesis, "a taking or choosing," from hairein, "to choose." A person who chooses to believe in heresies is called a heretic."

The negative aspect is to be seen as an "outsider" (the heretic) by the society as a person who chooses to to reject the orthodox tenets of a religion, which before could lead to fatal consequences and/or anathema. Now it mostly means an individualistic yet lonely path.

It also has a personal meaning for myself, as not rejecting christianity or other religions "completelly",but mainly the orthodox (exoteric vs esoteric) view and stress the importance of a personal gnostic approach to religion(s). To strife each day to life according to your spiritual tenets and to take/choose to live an holistic "religious" (yet heretic) way of life in this modern hollow age.
The darker the night, the brighter the stars,
The deeper the grief, the closer is God!
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

The negative aspect of Peregrina as female pilgrim is failing to see the sanctity and meaning of everyday life. Meaningful life is always somewhere else, out of one's reach.

Peregrina as peregrine falcon (muuttohaukka in finnish meaning migrating falcon) carries a similar challenge of restlessness, but the core reason for wanderlust is not inability to value the challenges of everyday life, but rather the mistrust and paranoia caused by intensive and too narrow focus on threats.

Peregrina is infused with the desire to escape, either because of the perceived lack of purity, meaning and beauty of everyday life or the perceived hostility of one's surroundings.
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Polyhymnia wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:23 pm My name puts alot of psychic pressure on me at times when I cannot "live up to it." When I am able to flourish creatively, it seems nearly perfect, but when that creativity is dampened in any way, the name becomes a constant reminder of that which I am currently not able to accomplish.
Polyhymnia's comment brought to my mind an aspect of falcons I didn't anticipate when choosing my name.
Hawks and falcons are sometimes considered messengers between the mundane and the spirit world.

Another aspect which didn't cross my mind at the time is that a pilgrim combined to a bird of pray might be a manifestation of holy wrath that know's no mercy.