Prisoner of the Role/Narrative

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Smaragd

Re: Prisoner of the Role/Narrative

Post by Smaragd »

Nefastos wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:08 pm
Very interesting that you brought this up, for I have been thinking about something similar just today. I am now, after a long while, reading once again Dostoevsky's Adolescent, and it is particularly about this thing (among some other topics, like idolizing fatherlessness, which also has connections to this, and to Azazelian symbolism).
I had Dostoevsky in mind when writing the above, although I have only read The Brothers Karamazov from him. Dmitri is a good example of a character who has "indulged in to a certain kind of behavior for too long". I should look in to Adolescent in addition to the ones I've lately been meaning to: Idiot as well as Notes from Underground.

Nefastos wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:08 pm There's an esoteric instruction given just before that one, which I consider utmostly important in actual spiritual working (and/equalling life which seeks to live true to its source, the Master within):
Luke 6:32 wrote:For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
That's the one!
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Noname

Post by Noname »

Nefastos wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:45 pm Have you noticed in yourself (or perhaps in a close relative) a tendency to become imprisoned in a certain kind of role of self-made narrative?

I do not mean primarily our social roles ("I am the guy who always acts like this and this when people meet, whether I would like it or not"), but the roles which tend to work more like magic, in a way that things happen to you in a certain way, even when it actually does not make sense.

I start this discussion here in Philosophy instead of Psychic phenomena, so we could discuss it from several different persectives – in case you are interested.

I think this is something which might sound weird at first, but actually becomes a very important part in one's occult life. And especially so for those who see beauty and meaningfulness in the archetypes of Satan and Azazel, the Adversary and the Scapegoat, and thus easily become loaded with very dangerous roles and narratives of those difficult archetypes.
Very much so. I could say with what originally was an intuitive play for self-development became in a sense, an indoctorination programme. My mind still to this day attempts to enforce behavioral models of said play's narrative from at least half a decade ago, primarily that of the savior-archetype. It has even lead to forms of dissociation, because of the immature forces of the archetype refuse to acknowledge the integrated, mature version - which is "less" than the immature if narrative and it's sub-plot is concerned. However my psyche recognizes the mature versions of the archetype to be "the more" and understands my personal limitations and discredits these immature forces, which has even led this dissocative psychic energy to project my totality - or more accurately my true self as the adversary.

My path was a fools' play, an all or nothing gamble. I still feel jovial of those discoveries of unknown uknown's within my own being.
Explore until epiphany, and beyond.
Peregrina

Post by Peregrina »

Nefastos wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:45 pm Have you noticed in yourself (or perhaps in a close relative) a tendency to become imprisoned in a certain kind of role of self-made narrative?
Well sometimes the desire to be right and prove your point just knows no limits.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Yes, it's either the "role" and having some sort of social connections, or being "me" and making everyone around me miserable.