Sickness and Spirituality

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Seferoth

Sickness and Spirituality

Post by Seferoth »

This came to mind today. I am sick for the first time in many many years, i have a high fever, my throat hurts a lot and i am suffering from mild fewer deliriums. So, the question is do you think there is a certain way to practice occultism/spirituality while you are sick? I mean in an unique way, a way that is only possible when you are sick.
Kenazis

Re: Sickness and Spirituality

Post by Kenazis »

I would say that focusing on the essential, mortification of all that is not necessary (optimal rest) + contemplating the sickness and meditating the feeling coming from the state of sickeness could be options.
"We live for the woods and the moon and the night"
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

I tend to take illness as a good omen. Illness feels like forced rest/renewal where the body is allowed to heal itself, like a ritual bath that cleanses the soul.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Insanus wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:46 pm I tend to take illness as a good omen. Illness feels like forced rest/renewal where the body is allowed to heal itself, like a ritual bath that cleanses the soul.
That is a very nice take on this.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

So i might have covid actually. My doctor thought so, test were taken and i will get results within a week. Well i suppose it was inevitable that i would get it at some point. As a proud anti mrna vaccine person i was fully prepared to get covid eventually. So far my symptoms are quite tolerable, only my throat has been causing excruciating pain. At least i got some good painkillers today, and i have been drinking delicious alcohol to make my throat numb. I should start to study some spiritual healing arts and record the effectiveness of them.