Transcendence & Enlightenment

Rational discussions on metaphysical and abstract topics.
Insanus

Re: Transcendence & Enlightenment

Post by Insanus »

Soror O wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:31 pm
Insanus wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:05 pm I think death and the effect of death on life is a good analogy. Transcendence is like death and enlightenment is like the way life changes when we're certain we will die.
I think that enlighted being is a being who is constantly dying and thus living forever. Living forever is as effortless as never being born.

To reach such transcendence it is relevant to release the undead, the entities that have not been able to die. As for as all, there once was a time, when dying meant something to be afraid of.
In Jung's Red Book this kind of dead are sometimes talked about. I'm not sure how exactly they're meant to be understood but they might be something like "kama overlay" of historical dead. Reincarnation could be understood as the lingering of tendencies and ways of experiencing that have not been "killed", that is they have not been sublimated or refocused and they get new lives through the living until we can help them complete their process.
Jumalan synnit ovat kourallinen hiekkaa ihmisen valtameressä
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Insanus wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:04 pm
Soror O wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:31 pm
Insanus wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:05 pm I think death and the effect of death on life is a good analogy. Transcendence is like death and enlightenment is like the way life changes when we're certain we will die.
I think that enlighted being is a being who is constantly dying and thus living forever. Living forever is as effortless as never being born.

To reach such transcendence it is relevant to release the undead, the entities that have not been able to die. As for as all, there once was a time, when dying meant something to be afraid of.
In Jung's Red Book this kind of dead are sometimes talked about. I'm not sure how exactly they're meant to be understood but they might be something like "kama overlay" of historical dead. Reincarnation could be understood as the lingering of tendencies and ways of experiencing that have not been "killed", that is they have not been sublimated or refocused and they get new lives through the living until we can help them complete their process.
I sensed them as historical dead, invisible corpses, who had lingering fear or other form of resistance giving them form, even though their physical bodies were decomposed a long ago. I don't know if they were ancestors/ my own "previous" forms or what was their reason visiting me. I felt their fear and released it for them, I died for them. Sang their song. I don't know if was just crazy me by myself in the sauna, it makes no difference who it was really, for we are the same in love.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

For me those terms are the spiritual counterparts of Knowledge and Wisdom. Knowledge=Enlightenment, Transcendence=Wisdom. Both knowledge and enlightenment are just data, it is knowing something, understanding something. Wisdom and Transcendence is to put that knowledge/enlightenment to good use, to make something of everything you know so far, to progress on your path...either physical or spiritual.