Symbolism in Dreams

Symbols and allegories.
Soror O

Re: Symbolism in Dreams

Post by Soror O »

Smaragd wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:10 pm Whether it is about grounding in a deep way, or perhaps learning to find the vivifying water out of the stone in the middle of a desert - building proper tension for the dreams to ignite further, which would correspond to the challenges of recognizing the challenge and something that is meaningful from the day-to-day grayness.
I line with fra Smaragds thoughts: symbols and pictures for the sake of themselves are - without the force that ignites them properly - empty and/or just entertaining. So sometimes (and eventually) less is more.
Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:45 pm Death and roses! Sounds lovely and symbolic.
This summer I had been obsessed by roses. "There's never too much roses", I said. I wished that my yard would get conquered by roses. In my dream there was a hospital corridor lined with roses, I walked down the corridor. A rose is an universal symbol, depicted in many heralds and spiritual contexts. To me, it is somehow linked to re-established innocence - and aging.

I usually think that dreams of death mean something else than literal death. These dreams that I dreamt lately however made me question wheather this time they'd be foretelling a concrete death. For example: there was a lady who said to me that we'd be seeing soon. I then realized that she was a deceiced acquatance of mine and that I am going to die soon. However, I don't think that the moment of death is (wholly) pre-destined.
Polyhymnia wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:45 pm I had a dream the other night where the frontman of Weezer wanted to date me and when he tried to get it on, I told him I wasn't ready. Not the prettiest or most symbolic dream I ever had, and I woke up sweaty. Does anyone else experience physiological changes like that in their dream state? Waking up with a racing heart? Sweaty? Nervous?
Haaah, I myself have a thing for geeky/nerdy appearances but I understand that isn't all that's required :> I have a tendency to wake up at nights with a racing heart and it literally feels like dying (of course dying, in the end, feels like nothing but you get the point). I believe that my nightly attacks are symptoms of sympatic nervous system dysregulation or something. Sometimes I get orgasms while sleeping.
If you want to reborn, let yourself die.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Soror O wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:02 am Sometimes I get orgasms while sleeping.
Whoa, sign me up!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Polyhymnia wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:51 pm
Soror O wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:02 am Sometimes I get orgasms while sleeping.
Whoa, sign me up!
Yep, this feature doesn't bother me either :>

Some time ago I woke up in the middle of the night and a raven flew into my bed (from a portal in the end of my bed). I screamed and tried to push it away and it vanished. It was as clear as any living thing, I sometimes have these clear visions waking up at night.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Soror O wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:33 pm Some time ago I woke up in the middle of the night and a raven flew into my bed (from a portal in the end of my bed). I screamed and tried to push it away and it vanished. It was as clear as any living thing, I sometimes have these clear visions waking up at night.
It was legitimately stressing me out that I left this thread on a crude note hahahahaha so I'm really glad you updated since I didn't have a chance to.

That sounds really intense! Has the raven come back at all since then? It's so interesting how some dreams are so clear like that and others can barely be remembered at all. It's also interesting how some of the really intense ones can be forgotten only to reappear down the road.
Definitely where dream journals come in handy. I found an old journal I thought I had lost, and it detailed a dream I had while camping in the mountains where William Blake came to me while I thought (in my dream) that I was freezing to death and he explained all these alchemical processes to me in relation to my freezing. So weird!
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Soror O

Post by Soror O »

Polyhymnia wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:41 pm It was legitimately stressing me out that I left this thread on a crude note hahahahaha so I'm really glad you updated since I didn't have a chance to.
Sorry for the unintented cliffhanger! I didn't experience any crudeness, but I did realize that potential. (I also regard "risky" communication as a sign of certain trust.)
Polyhymnia wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:41 pm That sounds really intense! Has the raven come back at all since then?
He hasn't come back. These instances of nightly visions have occured since I joined the brotherhood. I don't know what to make out of them, yet.
Polyhymnia wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:41 pm It's so interesting how some dreams are so clear like that and others can barely be remembered at all. It's also interesting how some of the really intense ones can be forgotten only to reappear down the road.
Indeed! Some re-occuring dreams also evolve... I used to have re-occuring dream about dying in a failing elevator. One night, the elevator reached my floor and it had a toolkit inside, so that I could fix it. Using the elevator has been smoother since.
Polyhymnia wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:41 pm Definitely where dream journals come in handy. I found an old journal I thought I had lost, and it detailed a dream I had while camping in the mountains where William Blake came to me while I thought (in my dream) that I was freezing to death and he explained all these alchemical processes to me in relation to my freezing. So weird!
Beautiful, thank you for sharing. Sometimes dreamtime realizations have a profound influence on our way of seeing.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Soror O wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:47 am Sorry for the unintented cliffhanger! I didn't experience any crudeness, but I did realize that potential. (I also regard "risky" communication as a sign of certain trust.)
Hahahahaha no apology needed! I wrote my little quip then got called away, had a good laugh over it and thought, "eh, no biggie, I'll write more thoughts later," then my week was totally derailed and amidst the chaos all I could think was, "I really left that thread on those three thirsty little words."
Soror O wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:47 am
He hasn't come back. These instances of nightly visions have occured since I joined the brotherhood. I don't know what to make out of them, yet.
Very interesting. My dream life since joining the brotherhood has been the most consistently interesting it's ever been in my whole life. It used to drive me crazy trying to find the links, but now I've just resolved myself to probably never knowing and allowing myself to just enjoy them and take them as they come. A part of me is still driven a little crazy though.

That elevator dream and the toolkit is so wild, and an excellent example of that dream evolution. Every now and then I dream of this same little house and this same little hag, but every time it shows up, something new has been added to the house, and the hag always makes sure to let me know something is new. I wonder if we'll ever reach a point in our evolution where dreams make sense. Though given the vapidity of what 90% of the world seems to be interested in these days, I have little faith.
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

I had a dream last night that i am sure has some significant importance/message for me. I saw that i was in an old manor with many men and women who i know(for some reason) were followers of left hand path, most of them were witches and warlocks, but some of them were occultists and Satanists. I apparently was trying to join them and they were hesitant to allow me in, they said they saw me being "Frozen in Tartarus" and as such was hesitant and a bit scared to allow me to join. I felt quite powerful in that dream, for a reason i don't yet fully understand, somehow i was so sure of my place in the world and beyond i felt extremely powerful, perhaps it was the same thing the witches were afraid. They then showed me a place where i could stay and while walking there i heard singing coming from the nearby forest, it was beautiful and i wanted to see the singers later. After finding my personal place in there i awoke.
Smaragd

Post by Smaragd »

A striking dream indeed, Seferoth. If you would want some aiding questions for your private work with the dream, I would give you the following question to ponder about (you can stop reading here if such aid is not needed): Do you see the circle of witches and occultists as one or many outer circle(s) present in the world of day time, or an inner circle of hesitant/demanding/initiatory beings within yourself, or perhaps both inner and outer?
"Would to God that all the Lord's people were Prophets”, Numbers 11:29 as echoed by William Blake
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Smaragd wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:17 pm A striking dream indeed, Seferoth. If you would want some aiding questions for your private work with the dream, I would give you the following question to ponder about (you can stop reading here if such aid is not needed): Do you see the circle of witches and occultists as one or many outer circle(s) present in the world of day time, or an inner circle of hesitant/demanding/initiatory beings within yourself, or perhaps both inner and outer?
Good questions, perhaps the witches represent my inner doubts, a subconscious fear for judgment for the path i have taken. The feeling of empowerment might simply be something what i am after and what i want to feel personally. The singing in the woods part i am not sure though. The finding the a place in the manor might again simply mean a need of finding a place in the world and beyond.