Meaning in specific days of life

Putting together ones life with the modern world.
Gangleri

Meaning in specific days of life

Post by Gangleri »

So, I entered a 40th birthday of my life today. In relation to this I thought to make a topic for important days of one's life. They can be birthday, wedding days, a Death of one's parent or relative, or some other individual important Day that has an especial importance for a travelers on the path.

Do specific days have some importance for you personally, and how do you celebrate them, and what kind of recollections you try to make in these specific days?

For myself a 40th birthday marks an important stage in the course of my life, and I have made some decisions regarding my personal life. I think these are largely things that a being makes for oneself, and I think the Master is always beholding us when making some kind of pledges or decisions.

What do you think? Do some specific days hold any importance to you?
Seferoth

Re: Meaning in specific days of life

Post by Seferoth »

Hmm, only one day comes in mind. I don't really care about birthdays, christmas, easter, etc, but 22.2 has some significance to me. For whatever reason that day for me is cursed or was i should say. From age 18 to about 30 something terrible ALWAYS happened that day, every single year without missing a beat. People died, pets died, i broke bones, something horrifying happened in our family, etc. Even my closest friends refused to come near me on that day, it was that bad. I really dreaded that day, i knew something will always go terribly wrong on that day...until things stopped going wrong. For 5 years now nothing especially bad has happened that day, but it is a day that i am aware of, and i am a bit on edge every-time that day arrives.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Happy birthday, Gangleri!

March 27th and September 17th are days when I lost highly significant people in my life, so I try to spend those days quietly honouring my dearly departed. I also quietly observe and partake in the Mexican Day of the Dead rites, ensuring I purchase from the proper channels, i.e., small Mexican businesses in my city for things I need for rituals. Death worship is a huge part of my practice, so those days are often more important to me than my birthday or other holidays.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

Polyhymnia wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:36 pm Happy birthday, Gangleri!
Thank you dearly, Polyhymnia!

it seems that this birthday of mine had its shadow side also, as it is usual, since my very close uncle died the same day.
Polyhymnia

Post by Polyhymnia »

Gangleri wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:09 pm it seems that this birthday of mine had its shadow side also, as it is usual, since my very close uncle died the same day.
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. It is never easy to lose those who are close to us.
"Limited love asks for possession of the beloved, but the unlimited asks only for itself." -Kahlil Gibran
Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Gangleri wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:09 pm
Polyhymnia wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:36 pm Happy birthday, Gangleri!
Thank you dearly, Polyhymnia!

it seems that this birthday of mine had its shadow side also, as it is usual, since my very close uncle died the same day.
I am also very sorry to hear that. My condolences, and i hope you the best.
Gangleri

Post by Gangleri »

Thank you both! I am only happy that he got away, since his life was not a very happy one. But of course there's a vacuum where he once stood, but in general I think sorrow for a departed close one is largely a selfish thing.